X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by theoldALFER View Post
    Anyone know what page the detailed engine cowl resides?
    F4U-1D Cowl

F4U-1A Cowl
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
      I'm pretty sure that's the same part, just painted in the two versions.

I ordered an extra one for $5 for my D.. I figure I can play with it and try repainting the inside, adding some detail to the cylinders, etc. Making this thing removable was a really nice touch by MRC.
      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Ben has suffered an incredible loss of all his birds and supplies in his garage. He has helped us out many times, so lets help him!!! I am in for a 200.00 gift card! Who is with me??
        :Cool:

Shutting doors and leaving.

Today, 08:36 PM

So last week my garage caved in during the -50 cold snap we had for a week in WI. I lost all my foam birds except the 1600 spit that I had in the house. A plane which I hate by the way. Insurance adjuster came today and of course none of the dozen birds I had are covered. So I have nothing to fly except this plane which I hate for more than one reason. Coupled with the fact that I was hoping to get into the new corsair and I see the price just went up 60 bucks. I am shutting it down. I have been priced out of the hobby and cant afford to rebuild my stable at all. This happened to me in Pinball to when all the yuppies came. The last batch of pilots are at my house for Todd and Dave and then thats that. I cant afford this anymore and its just to depressing to stick around. I am just defeated and crushed not only by the loss of my stuff but by the fact that I can no longer pay 460 bucks for a plane anymore. I have been with Motion almost since the beginning but I gotta call it.

Later folks!

AMA 1102566

Tags: None

Comment

• Sorry. What I meant is that one of our fellow “contributor “ posted pictures of how he upgraded the cowl usin some electric wire etc.
          cant seem to find :Confused:

Comment

• How much does one lead ballast weigh?

Comment

• 20 grams. Just FYI, they are steel, so lead will be denser and heavier if necessary. They are about 12mm in diameter and 20.5mm in length....

Comment

Sorry. What I meant is that one of our fellow “contributor “ posted pictures of how he upgraded the cowl usin some electric wire etc.
                cant seem to find :Confused:
                Ole-Timer posted that data. Trying to find the post for you now....

Comment

• Originally posted by fastphil View Post
                  Added a little more weight up front in the F4-U using some flat weights I had on the workbench,... ended-up with three pieces to get the CG I was looking for, and they fit right behind the cylinders with a little hot glue ( I wouldn't doubt a big 45 slug would fit into the weight holes)
                  The weight is 12.5mm, so it is 50 cal!!! LOL I bet the .45 would work just fine!! 230 grain!! :-)

Comment

• U Texans r all rite!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                      20 grams. Just FYI, they are steel, so lead will be denser and heavier if necessary. They are about 12mm in diameter and 20.5mm in length....
                      Ok thanks hardway im just guessing that my 5200mah pack weighs 759 grams according to the place i bought it https://www.amazon.com/Zeee-Batterie...s+lipo+battery and my other lipo is 4500 mah https://hobbyking.com/en_us/zippy-co...xoCgjcQAvD_BwE probably weighs about 700 grams so i will try taping 2 of them to the zippy and see where that gets me for that one. I was going to get matching pair but the zippy was on sale.

Comment

• Originally posted by redbarn View Post
                        Anyone got a good idea for guns on this thing?
                        The Mr. Sound system does the sound of the engine controlled by the throttle and guns plus an option for sequenced led lights if memory serves. I think you can get it from MRC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	D90D8D2D-E52B-4604-AF97-E6CCE7A6C946.jpeg
Views:	1087
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	174523Click image for larger version

Name:	F82BBE2A-9441-4781-BDF2-5BB92AAFB308.jpeg
Views:	1112
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	174521Click image for larger version

Name:	CC8EEB6E-9729-4F92-B5DC-3BCDE521DDA9.jpeg
Views:	1099
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	174522
                          Alfer, post 833

Comment

• Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post
                            I used 3/16 aluminum tube filled with sand n bent, 14 gauge copper wire for the ignition wire harness. 44 1/16 holes had to be drilled to accommodate all the wires.

Everything fit so snug it probably didn’t need the epoxy on the backside...
                            Not perfect but at 70mph it’ll do.
                            Sorry, no 3D files here. :)

Click image for larger version Name:	661AE36C-4722-4582-880D-35A3464172E9.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	150.3 KB ID:	174544Click image for larger version Name:	E738BE7A-0ACC-4F32-AC1C-FE55AFA8098A.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	128.7 KB ID:	174543Click image for larger version Name:	45245E88-DF6C-4EFA-8DDE-5E1E21723282.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	114.3 KB ID:	174545 Click image for larger version Name:	CA349BCD-A52F-4730-A5DE-C9DBA390BB90.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	136.6 KB ID:	174547
                            And this one

Comment

Anyone know what page the detailed engine cowl resides?
                              I simply used what I had on hand. Didn’t spend any extra...

Posts 833 on page 42 and 842 on pg 43

Comment

• Thanks OT

Comment

• Detail, details.

Has anyone else noticed that the model is missing a Pitot tube on the left wing? We need to add that. Maybe a 3D part?

Also, from the Corsairs I have seen, the "step" in the right-side inboard flap is a hole that goes all the way through.
                                  Easy to see in this pic of a F-4U I took a few years back at an airshow.
                                  This bird has blue legs!
                                  I haven't decided whether I should cut the flap step out on the model. What do you guys think? Maybe this was only on later models?

Click image for larger version  Name:	F4U-4_Bu97388_front_view[1].jpg Views:	1 Size:	87.8 KB ID:	177484
                                  Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                    Ben has suffered an incredible loss of all his birds and supplies in his garage. He has helped us out many times, so lets help him!!! I am in for a 200.00 gift card! Who is with me??

Shutting doors and leaving.

Today, 08:36 PM

So last week my garage caved in during the -50 cold snap we had for a week in WI. I lost all my foam birds except the 1600 spit that I had in the house. A plane which I hate by the way. Insurance adjuster came today and of course none of the dozen birds I had are covered. So I have nothing to fly except this plane which I hate for more than one reason. Coupled with the fact that I was hoping to get into the new corsair and I see the price just went up 60 bucks. I am shutting it down. I have been priced out of the hobby and cant afford to rebuild my stable at all. This happened to me in Pinball to when all the yuppies came. The last batch of pilots are at my house for Todd and Dave and then thats that. I cant afford this anymore and its just to depressing to stick around. I am just defeated and crushed not only by the loss of my stuff but by the fact that I can no longer pay 460 bucks for a plane anymore. I have been with Motion almost since the beginning but I gotta call it.

Later folks!

AMA 1102566

Tags: None
                                    Why won't his insurance company cover the damage????? Sure would like to know who the Insurance Company was to avoid them. So sorry this happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Very cool site but the minimum pricing bracket is $400 bucks...Hard to imagine shelling out nearly the same price for a cockpit kit as the plane itself! LOL :Scared::Thinking::Crying:
                                      ah, but you looked! and were thinking we could take orders and when we reach the min have them made. weren't you?:)

Joe
                                      Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post

Why won't his insurance company cover the damage????? Sure would like to know who the Insurance Company was to avoid them. So sorry this happened.
                                        I don't know. Tom from Motion is going to get Ben receipts for the planes purchased from MRC to try and get the insurance to cover them. Check out the thread in the Lounge and let Ben know you are thinking of him. We have almost 360.00 in pledges so far for a new Corsair!!! :Cool:

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/th...rs-and-leaving

By the way Grover, Ben is AkumaZeto from the Pilot Paint Service on this forum....
                                        Last edited by Hardway; Feb 8, 2019, 07:43 AM. Reason: Added link

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                                          Detail, details.

Has anyone else noticed that the model is missing a Pitot tube on the left wing? We need to add that. Maybe a 3D part?

Also, from the Corsairs I have seen, the "step" in the right-side inboard flap is a hole that goes all the way through.
                                          Easy to see in this pic of a F-4U I took a few years back at an airshow.
                                          This bird has blue legs!
                                          I haven't decided whether I should cut the flap step out on the model. What do you guys think? Maybe this was only on later models?

Click image for larger version Name:	F4U-4_Bu97388_front_view[1].jpg Views:	1 Size:	87.8 KB ID:	177484
                                          Good Catch. No I didn't notice it. My eyes were still swirling from the "New Box Smell". LOLLOLLOL 3D part sounds good but I bet one could fashion something pretty scale from their spare parts and "stuff" bin.

Comment

Working...
                                          X