Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zygmunt, Welcome to H'Squawk and presumably the Corsair Owners Club. This prop is pretty well balanced but in my book all props especially three blade need putting on the balance machine. Three bladers have a specific process in order to balance -- maybe a search will find it for you if not pm me and I will describe.

Comment

• I put my blades on my Du-Bro balancer as I do with all my props and I didn't have anything to do as there was no obvious weighted differential. It was a pleasant surprise. But by no means does that mean everyone's is the same. I would still check before flying.
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by 427jimmy View Post
        Question for you guys. Testing the tailwheel steering and landing gear servos. I tried plugging my servo tester into each and nothing. Elevator and rudder servos test ok with same unit. Do you have to go through the multi-box to test? Thank
        JIMMY, THATS PRETTY common response for a servo tester. I use a old rx and a 4.8 or 6v battery pack, then they work fine.

as for balancing props from flite line, as long as they come out of the same package I just put them on and run it up. if its out of balance I can hear it w electric. my son broke one blade on his fms me109 and pulled one out of a package to replace it and the prop was way out of balance. replaced the other two props and it was fine, that means they do not keep the molding pressure stable between operators.

Joe
        Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• All of my prop blades were exactly 20 grams.... No balance needed there!!!

Comment

• Does anybody else have this sticker on their box?

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
              Woods, this is the product https://www.amazon.com/Grafix-2-Ounc...gateway&sr=8-5 Best, LB
              This looks like pretty cool stuff. I guess after you apply it, and it dries and you paint you just peal it off?

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post

This looks like pretty cool stuff. I guess after you apply it, and it dries and you paint you just peel it off?
                I think you use a soft gum eraser to start the peel. I watched a lady using it on watercolor art on youtube and that's what she did. If this stuff works as advertised, could really be something. Someone in the HS community has also mentioned this product before and likes it. Don't recall where I saw the post as I have slept since then. A bit pricey but if it works...Best, LB
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• It is very useful stuff for masking when tape etc is just not practical. Been using for years but was bought under a name not now available. I have found (with my formulae) that two coats allows a better peel.

Comment

• Originally posted by brk6188 View Post
                    It is very useful stuff for masking when tape etc is just not practical. Been using for years but was bought under a name not now available. I have found (with my formulae) that two coats allows a better peel.
                    BRK, Ah, thank you, sir. What is the brand name you use? Canopies are my Achille's Heel. LOL Best, LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I lied ! Is still available from Bob Dively Model Aircraft. He has 4,16 and 32oz bottles. 4oz is $7.95. He also has some nice P&W 9 CYL molded radials ---- not sure if they will fit the F/L Corsair.

Comment

• In all the years I’ve been building models, I never totally replaced good old Scotch tape to mask my canopies with. Just be sure it’s a roll dedicated to masking canopies and is not lint laden around the edges. Guess I’m a dinosaur of sorts but it just never fails me. Blue painters works second best for me on canopies and yet it’s indispensable in masking these birds for airbrushing markings.

Comment

• Tamiya makes a great masking tape and I use it on my 1/48 models and it works well.
                          For “our” RC applications, use the Tamiya for the precise lines and the fill in with good old blue masking tape.
                          I’ve used the liquid mask, but you apply it with a brus. So unless y’all can paint a straight line (& I can’t for sure), you still have to mask the straight lines with tape to get the sharp lines you want.

Just my two cents...

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Shesh! Elbee, did you really say all of that. LOL

Sorry about the off topic, Hey Elbee, what's the best most reliable thing to mask a clear canopy with prior to a repaint?

Long live the Flightline Corsair!

Best Regards
                            Woody
                            I'd have to say for masking a canopy for repaint, forget the frisket and so on. Just get yourself a roll of yellow frog tape from any hardware store or Lowes etc. It will give you a nice sharp straight line that the paint wont run under. The green would work too but for masking in other areas over the foam, the yellow wont lift the paint.(if you pull it off carefully) Yeah, thought Elbee was building up to........well you know. Good luck, Brad

Comment

• Here are photos of the Friske in action

Comment

• I agree with Alfer...I've been using liquid mask for years on smaller, static models but I would not recommend it for our larger RC planes. It takes too much mask and it can scratch the plastic when you trim away the excess...our softer RC canopies would be too risky IMHO. I would recommend Tamiya 5mm compound masking tape. It bends, and once you trim the edges, just use frog tape to fill in. Much easier to bend with curves than trying to cut custom pieces of regular masking tape! Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by Md_cobra View Post
                                  Does anybody else have this sticker on their box?
                                  I don't remember seeing on my box, but it has long since hit the recycle bin.... Not much help there!! Sorry!

Comment

• Does anyone know if the battery Shelf in The Birdcage Corsair is level to level Flight of the airplane???

Comment

• Originally posted by Md_cobra View Post
                                      Does anybody else have this sticker on their box?
                                      I'm guessing it's an identifying label for their warehouse so they don't have to open the box. ;)This was on my Bubbletop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cws View Post
                                        Does anyone know if the battery Shelf in The Birdcage Corsair is level to level Flight of the airplane???
                                        I think you are asking if the battery tray is parallel with the fuselage datum? If so, then yes they are parallel as far as I can tell without putting an incidence meter to the model... Hope that helps. Can I ask why you were wondering? Just curious.... ;):Confused:

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post

I'm guessing it's an identifying label for their warehouse so they don't have to open the box. ;)This was on my Bubbletop.
                                          Correct. Dark Blue for Bubbletop and Light Blue for Birdcage.

Picked up some Tamiya masking tape for curves. That could be a game-changer! All these years of using painters tape to carefully mask and trim with a hobby knife for canopies. Always worked great but very time consuming.

My YouTube RC videos:
                                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                                          X