Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT:
    Love it!
    Since you already made up the ‘jig’, do y’all feel like making up six “extra” for a tool impaired type?
    :Confused:

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

O-T, Ya do with ya got, right? Really lovin' your Corsair Gun Port mod, Sir. I'll need to print me some. LOL Love ya, Man. Best, LB
      Hey Elbee, if you do wind up printing some, I and others would love to get the files. BTW I hope the Chiefs play the Seahawks in the Superbowl next year!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by brk6188 View Post
        Neat gun ports. Bet today's FAA would love that airplane "patch" !

A couple of pics of my sound system install. Plenty of room to put in other positions but very awkward to get to, to do any foam removal etc
        Nice set up!

Comment

• I had to reverse the elevator and rudder control direction using an ar636 spektrum reciever they were both going the wrong way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post
            Not sure what today’s FAA is doing...? Sadly, they weren’t there for us then as the ground troops in Afghanistan that needed the air support couldn’t wait.
            There has always been and always will be technical data and specific criteria to follow during any aircraft maintenance.
            A patch of this magnitude required Boeing approval, and had to be followed to the letter of their wishes and tech data.
            We were the last unit that I know of doing large “authorized” field repairs in theater and at home stateside.
            Taz flew with this patch until it was retired.
            Interesting comments about the FAA. They haven't changed. I have a meeting with them this Wednesday specific to PMA Certifications on parts (actuators and hydraulic valves) that we're reverse engineering and redesigning. They move like molasses in winter but when Boeing or any major Mfg. is involved they step it up a notch which is greatly appreciated by us engineers since Boeing has a "Zero" tolerance for delays! ;)

Comment

• Love the gun port mod OT, excellent, well-thought out craftsmanship. Perfectly subtle in the best kind of way.
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Can one of you fine folks with the Birdcage be so kind to deliver measurements of the cockpit tub for Elbee who has been kind enough to offer updated STL files that won't require the trimming that the current files do? The Bubbletop files are about wrapped up but there may be a sizing difference between the two models. Any help is greatly appreciated and will contribute to the greater good of this model!

:Cool:
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Hey Elbee, BTW I hope the Chiefs play the Seahawks in the Superbowl next year!!!
                  DWL, Why would you want to make yourself so unhappy for a whole year? LOL Best, LB

ps: with respect to the gunports, I would probably do those like O-T did as I like the smoothness, but you know I'll give it a go and let everyone know.
                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Next up, scale struts including strut rails. Hey a guy can dream can't he? LOL
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by sethscorsair View Post
                      I had to reverse the elevator and rudder control direction using an ar636 spektrum reciever they were both going the wrong way.
                      I had to do the same thing. I am using a Lemon RX.

Comment

• LB,

I pm’d ya. Birdcage is off...

Click image for larger version

Name:	C67963DE-CEA6-4393-9095-217719746DB7.jpeg
Views:	712
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	178271

Comment

• Isn’t that the same pilot that is found in the F7F and F8F?
                          He’s been retired and replaced with the Parkzone T-38 “Driver.”

Comment

• Yep, that guy has been around for such a baby face. He and his brothers have a line up on my table. Some still fly though...

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                              Can one of you fine folks with the Birdcage be so kind to deliver measurements of the cockpit tub for Elbee who has been kind enough to offer updated STL files that won't require the trimming that the current files do? The Bubbletop files are about wrapped up but there may be a sizing difference between the two models. Any help is greatly appreciated and will contribute to the greater good of this model!

:Cool:
                              Spent two day last week working with Elbee doing just that Bro...….. Measurements are in and a prototype set is being shipped Monday for test fitting before public release! :Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Ah, I thought we only had the Bubbletop specs? Okay all is clear then? Elbee?
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                  Ah, I thought we only had the Bubbletop specs? Okay all is clear then? Elbee?
                                  Aros, my friend, it is all clear as mud at this point, but it will all come out in the wash. I'm beginning to think the cockpits are different lengths depending on whether you have a 'Birdcage or a "Bubble". In either case, the top edges are too high and the front instrument panel is too wide.That has been fixed. I have created a new front instrument panel by removing the small gunsight and adding a slot to accept the "Large Gunsight" So no need to cut way material to get a good fit. If the side panels are differing lengths for the 2 models, we'll just post two (2) separate stl file packages: 1) Birdcage 2) Bubble. What do you think? Best, LB
                                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Brilliant! :)
                                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• ;);) I guess if Motion sends me a bubble top, I can measure it too...… :Silly::Silly::Silly::P:PLOLLOL:Cool::Cool: Just joking, but the only thing I have to measure is the F4U-1 Birdcage.....

Comment

• For those that have the sound system, is it worth the money? Loud enough? Reliability?
                                        thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by brk6188 View Post
                                          Neat gun ports. Bet today's FAA would love that airplane "patch" !

A couple of pics of my sound system install. Plenty of room to put in other positions but very awkward to get to, to do any foam removal etc
                                          Yep! That's the best way I've seen it installed and the way I'd do it if I get one. Thanks for sharing! Good Flying - Grover54

Comment

Working...
                                          X