Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aidez moi !! ou puis je acheter le tableau de bord pour le f4u ???

Comment

• Originally posted by didier galmiche View Post
      aidez moi !! ou puis je acheter le tableau de bord pour le f4u ???
      Didier, Avez-vous accès à une imprimante 3D? Les fichiers stl de toutes les parties du cockpit sont postés au début du forum. Cordialement, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I guys,
        Can anyone please share a good copy of the birdcage F4U1A corsair nomenclature locations. I understand that this FL kit provides basic decals but the placement document is not very detailed. I purchased the Callie Graphics decal set and cannot find any help showing clear locations for most of these decals for this version.

Thanks for any help that can be provided, such as large PDF documents etc.
        Rich

Comment

• I too would love a detailed nomenclature key map...Could be very useful for many of us who would like to add nomenclature decals.
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• :Cool:
            Hope dis helps y’all.

Comment

• Originally posted by theoldALFER View Post
              :Cool:
              Hope dis helps y’all.
              thanks for sharing. But this is not to clear when you zoom in..... at least with my old eyes
              Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                I too would love a detailed nomenclature key map...Could be very useful for many of us who would like to add nomenclature decals.
                this is what I have found so far

Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks Rich, that is helpful!
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Got in 3 flights today after work. Still need to decide on a scheme.

Comment

• Just got around to unboxing my Corsair this week after getting it 3 weeks ago. Initially I just pulled the top wing out to look at it but now that I’ve pulled the fuselage I’ve had one of those awwwww crud moments. The pilot is not glued down well. He’s sitting canted to the left, with the right base up about ¼ inch. Guess I’m going to be prying the canopy off to reseat him but it kind of ticks me off because I don’t want any white spots where the paint is screwed up.

And to top it off, this is the 2nd Flightline plane that I’ve had this happen to. The pilot in my Bearcat came lose within a month of getting it and is not attached at all any longer. He just bounces around the cockpit now.

Comment

• If you take your horizontal stabilizer to your local Home Depot they can mix you a small sample jar of the paint on each side of it and you can use that to touch up future Hangar rash and any spots left from pulling your canopy off and it is a near perfect match

Comment

• I’m wanting to use this scheme on my Corsair but I can’t seem to find anything else other than this photo. #93

Comment

• Md_ Cobra,
                            We all love the Corsair, but up until late 1944, the markings were pretty simple (dull/drab) compared to the Army fighter aircraft in the Southwest Pacific and Solomon Islands. Late 44 and 1945 saw Navy units with more “lively” squadron markings - but then the entire aircraft was one color (Deep Sea Blue).
                            For the F4U-1A or -1D, my choice would be one with the 1943 Red boarders National Insignia. That’s about as colorful as they get.
                            Hope that stears you in some direction.

:corsair

Comment

• Originally posted by Md_cobra View Post
                              I’m wanting to use this scheme on my Corsair but I can’t seem to find anything else other than this photo. #93
                              Please go to https://www.asisbiz.com/Corsair.html you can go to the fighter group you are interested in, you will see that the Corsairs were pretty dull and very weathered.
                              I chose Kenneth Walsh’s Lucky 13
                              Ken

Comment

• This photo from Pacific Wrecks shows an F4U-1A taxiing on PSP taxi way at Torokina Airfield, Bougainville.
                                Note the “dullness” of the aircraft.

Comment

• HELP!!! Still snow bound here in Seattle and as far as I can see....:Angry: we're a couple weeks away from a maiden which is good because I still have some nits to work out. I still need to set / reset my servos and throws but the big issue is with my ESC / Motor so I need some HELP!!. When I plug in the battery everything pulses normally and retracts work normally but I don't get the typical connection tones. My radio says I'm bound properly and the receiver flashes OK to accept bind BUT I get this tone every couple seconds and the motor pulses even with throttle at -0-. I have the motor disabled as a safety when the assigned switch is off then when I turn switch to on (enable) and try to run it up a little, the motor does nothing but I still get that beep every couple seconds. I've checked and rechecked the program settings in my radio for this bird and all looks good but I'm clueless Any ideas?:Thinking:

Comment

• Originally posted by theoldALFER View Post
                                    This photo from Pacific Wrecks shows an F4U-1A taxiing on PSP taxi way at Torokina Airfield, Bougainville.
                                    Note the “dullness” of the aircraft.
                                    Cool - nice photo. Really shows what the South Pacific environment does to a plane huh? Can you imagine what the cockpit smells like?:Scared::Scared::Scared:

Comment

• This photo shows the varying stark contrast in tones and weathering due to the conditions...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vought-F4U-1A-Corsair-VMF-124-White-269-Guadalcanal-13th-Feb-1943-01.jpg
Views:	774
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	179064
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post
                                        Cool - nice photo. Really shows what the South Pacific environment does to a plane huh? Can you imagine what the cockpit smells like?:Scared::Scared::Scared:
                                        LOL Yes, I can imagine! And you'd be surprised what:Scared: falls to the canopy top when inverted as well. True story. Best, LB
                                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post
                                          HELP!!! Still snow bound here in Seattle and as far as I can see....:Angry: we're a couple weeks away from a maiden which is good because I still have some nits to work out. I still need to set / reset my servos and throws but the big issue is with my ESC / Motor so I need some HELP!!. When I plug in the battery everything pulses normally and retracts work normally but I don't get the typical connection tones. My radio says I'm bound properly and the receiver flashes OK to accept bind BUT I get this tone every couple seconds and the motor pulses even with throttle at -0-. I have the motor disabled as a safety when the assigned switch is off then when I turn switch to on (enable) and try to run it up a little, the motor does nothing but I still get that beep every couple seconds. I've checked and rechecked the program settings in my radio for this bird and all looks good but I'm clueless Any ideas?:Thinking:
                                          But did you check the 3 motor wires that go from the ESC to the motor? Are they solid? Is one maybe barely connected?
                                          Are ALL plugs into the RX in the correct polarity? IE, black/brown to (-). Is your bind plug removed after binding?

Comment

Working...
                                          X