X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
    It has right thrust. It helps counter the torque on take off and other situations.... You can see it is 1-2 degrees in your pic... I always built that into warbirds, along with down thrust, but on the aerobatics, it is all 0 0 0. Zero on the thrust, zero on the wing and zero on the horizontal stab....
    RichJ53, its definitely got some right thrust like Hardway said. No down thrust. The other day I noticed, if you look carefully at the replaceable cowl part, you can see that its not symmetrical in the center, the entire center part is angled to the right just a bit on order to accommodate the slight right-thrust angle of the motor. Its obviously very carefully designed.
    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• That is a big ole prop.... I remember using a 18 x 6-10 pitch or an 18 x 12 two blade on a Quarda 40cc engine. A three blade was unheard at that size for that size gas engine. Now a 55 electric is kicking it!!!! Go figure... :Cool:

Comment

• Update for everyone I had a faulty left gear on my corsair and called motion rc and they are taking care of my bird, meanwhile I will be working on getting my as3x gains set just right. Motion rc definitely has the best customer service of any rc plane dealer!

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
          In most cases, making one's self "happy" (especially in RC) and keeping "the wife" happy are two opposing things. It's a hard balancing act unless you have a wife who understands and doesn't feel threatened by your hobby and doesn't feel you are taking up family finances for "dumb" things. If she can't understand, your attitude will have to change or you're headed for misery. If you have to ask, "How will I explain ................................. to the wife", I think there are other things you must ask and answer first.
          Actually, my wife is pretty good about it. She ribs me hard and often about my addiction, but always good naturedly. She knows she can't go hard on me cause she also has some economic addictions with shoes, clothes and purses. Besides that, she has her own plane and loves to fly it, or sometimes she just goes to the field with me to watch all the flying and listens to all the BS talk everyone in this sport seems to live by.
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: Mig 29 "Cobra", 8S EuroFighter-Bronze Tiger, A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, 8S F16 Wild Weasel, 8S F4 Jolly Rodgers & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, B-24, Stinger 90, Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 62" Extra 300, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, 62" Edge Demonstrator. FMS-SU-30,1700mm P-51, Corsair, Viper, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P51.

Comment

• Originally posted by RichJ53 View Post
            Hi Guys,

Did you notice some right thrust angle on your FW Corsair ? I think my prop has about 3/8" angle. Thanks for any help from the diehards :)

Took a couple of photos before the snowfall

Rich Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpeg
Views:	1409
Size:	258.1 KB
ID:	180205Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2319.jpg
Views:	1397
Size:	270.0 KB
ID:	180206

I would be concerned if it didn’t.

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

I would be concerned if it didn’t.
              Right on..........There isn't a foam ARF warbird as well most others out there that I'm aware of that doesn't have thrust offset:Smug:
              As a matter of fact, full size warbirds have propeller thrust offset designed into them ;)
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• The fin and rudder on Corsairs was offset 2 degrees to port which helped counteract torque from that huge prop.
                Its the first thing I looked for when I pulled this model from the box. But, the fin was straight and the usual motor offset of around 2 degrees was there instead.
                I’ve only been able to find a 3 view drawing showing this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E427F366-9BE9-4856-9939-18578C5AD669.jpeg
Views:	2387
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	180250

Comment

• Ordered two more batteries from China Hobby Line. They were having a sale, got them for $51.49 each. I also worked out a scheme with Callie graphics to do #93 with the red line around the insignias. I also opted to do the white line design that is just in front of the cockpit. No it won’t be true to scale but I like it. Will post pictures once they come in.

Comment

• Got the Boss in his office, weathering is pretty good...Overall happy with the look. Now it's time to just fly and enjoy! :Cool:

My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                      Got the Boss in his office.:Cool:
                      Now you gotta Pilot that see over the steering wheel. Lookin' Sharp, Sir. Best, LB
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Yeah and he didn't need a booster seat like Mr. 1/8 scale did. LOL Thanks Elbee!
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Got the Boss in his office, weathering is pretty good...Overall happy with the look. Now it's time to just fly and enjoy! :Cool:
                          :Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

Got the Boss in his office, weathering is pretty good...Overall happy with the look. Now it's time to just fly and enjoy! :Cool:
                            One of my favorite USN scheme's for the bent wing bird, nicely done.

S.

Comment

• Very realistic, looks like a airstrip in the Aleutian Islands in World War II
                              :)

Comment

• Thanks gents!
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• For those that got touch up paint from home depot was it house paint? Did you brush on and what sheen should look best? I want to get some for both top and bottom colors.

Comment

• Originally posted by sethscorsair View Post
                                    For those that got touch up paint from home depot was it house paint? Did you brush on and what sheen should look best? I want to get some for both top and bottom colors.
                                    I buy the latex house paint "Behr" in flat. Comes in a 7.5 oz jar for about $3.50. After painting you can spray MinWax to seal. This comes in matte, satin and glossy. It also comes in two versions - oil base and water based. I always get the water based. Easy clean-up, fast drying and no fumes.

Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by borntoolate View Post

I buy the latex house paint "Behr" in flat. Comes in a 7.5 oz jar for about $3.50. After painting you can spray MinWax to seal. This comes in matte, satin and glossy. It also comes in two versions - oil base and water based. I always get the water based. Easy clean-up, fast drying and no fumes.

Bob
                                      Thank you sir!

Comment

• This is the one that I use Click image for larger version

Name:	20190131_141512.jpg
Views:	1089
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	180434

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	180473

Originally posted by sethscorsair View Post
                                          For those that got touch up paint from home depot was it house paint? Did you brush on and what sheen should look best? I want to get some for both top and bottom colors.
                                          HighFlyer posted these two colors and respective formulas for the BT and BC. I got them from Home Depot. They're small quantities for samples ($3) and will last forever. They only come in one sheen (flat / satin) which is perfect. The Dark Blue for the Bubble Top is spot on. I've touched up and feathered out a couple spots from assembly and gently blow dried it and you couldn't tell it was even touched up. Use a very fine brush or airbrush and thin the paint down about 50%. NOTE! Don't rush w/ the blow dryer or over overheat the area or you'll begin to see some minor gatoring. I was lucky it was on an area that wasn't noticeable and could repair it easily. Good Luck!

[ATTACH]n36051[/ATTACH]
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X