Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dang Hugh if that's your idea of I would hate for you to see what I would come up with! Looks fantastic!!
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Looks great Hugh, nothing to be embarrassed about. Nice work!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
        Dang Hugh if that's your idea of I would hate for you to see what I would come up with! Looks fantastic!!
        Yah, but compared to what Tom is doing, I got the aging high school cheerleader and he's got the latest Victoria Secret Model, all of them at once!
        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
          OK, finally finished my version of the cowl flaps, without using a 3D printer, I ain't shy about showing my .
          Hugh, Now that's some great poop. Outstanding, Sir. Best, Steve
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Looks good Hugh.

Tom

Comment

• Next up....a Sliding Canopy........manually of course unless Elbee forces me to actuate it.

Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post
                Next up....a Sliding Canopy........manually of course unless Elbee forces me to actuate it. Tom
                Tom, Now how could I possibly do that? Besides, I think you've done enough. Love your work, Sir, very Cool! Best, Steve
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Tom, you have to send me your Pay Pal account... I said I would pay for your fuselage if you got the cowl flaps to work!!! Jerry

Comment

• Payment sent!!! Thanks for the design work!

Comment

• Much appreciated Jerry, Thank You.

Tom

Comment

• Maiden mine yesterday with 6000mAh.
                        What a great plane! A joy to fly! Her ability for slow fly-byes wow!
                        Attached a few pics, of which a couple are from the raw video that was taken.

Time to weather her up!

Neil

Comment

• nice livery,,,,,, and correct star orientation...unlike dopey me.....must get some new stars... full faps flies very slow... 3.75 staight cuts robart on the way with new prop and aileron servo; should of got stars too.... next order from Motion RC.

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
                            hey guys ran //flew into a tree Wednesday after work,,,,, branch only yeha lucky stuff all foam damage ...needs 1 prop blade easy and an aleron servo 17gram..... got one from local hobby store ,,,, instaled now both aleroins go up or both down .??????? lastly we have an airshow here next sunday the 8th,,,, tyaab melb ... the only f4u here i think,,,, is hangerd here went 4sneek peek and was lucky nuf to c it huge prop and plane absolutely awsome ...7 sleeps to go!!
                            I think we're all distracted by Tom's cowl flaps... anyway mate, regarding your post - the aileron servos on this plane come in "regular" and "reverse" so if you install a replacement servo you've got a 50% chance that it will be moving opposite of what you need, and your ailerons will be moving in the same direction. So what you need to do is electronically reverse one of those servos. You can use a gizmo (a servo reverser) or you can open the servo case and remove and re-solder some of the wires. There are some videos on YouTube showing how to reverse a servo by rewiring it. Its really not hard, just 6 connections (its a small space inside and you'll need a small soldering iron and a steady hand).
                            Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• The light should shine on any custom or quality work....itchin to see it finished & painted..... Anyway, I have 2 servos on order from Motion RC..... 1 surely will be correct... will u tube how to change them ...... thanx mudman....

Comment

• Hey guys: I plan to design functional cowl flaps of which any owner with moderate skills could install. It will take some time for me to come up with it because I'm very very new to CAD. I use Fusion 360. If anyone is willing to assist me in a workable design I'm all ears.

Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post
                                  Hey guys: I plan to design functional cowl flaps of which any owner with moderate skills could install. It will take some time for me to come up with it because I'm very very new to CAD. I use Fusion 360. If anyone is willing to assist me in a workable design I'm all ears.

Tom
                                  Tom, You know I am all in on this mod, I am still building my Freewing F-18C, but you can certainly count on me for an assist here though I haven't even broken the 'blue tape' on the model. Anyway, let me know what I can do to help if needed. Best, Steve

ps: You're keeping me awake at night on the 'Operating/Sliding Canopy Mod. Not a biggie for my model, but I do like a challenge and if any model deserves that mod, it's this airframe.
                                  Last edited by Elbee; Mar 3, 2020, 01:27 PM. Reason: Added a post script.
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Awesome!!
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

The light should shine on any custom or quality work....itchin to see it finished & painted..... Anyway, I have 2 servos on order from Motion RC..... 1 surely will be correct... will u tube how to change them ...... thanx mudman....
                                      Hey there,

Please watch this video, it shows how to do it.
                                      Every servo is a little different (and many are smaller) but this shows you exactly how. You have to reverse the motor wires, and 2 of the potentiometer wires.
                                      Its a very small working space but its really not that difficult. This can be a very handy thing if you're stuck with this problem.
                                      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• looks easy enough ,,do need to improve my soldering skills ....small stuff mainly do u guys leave the l out when u say it solder ??????? thanks duck

Comment

looks easy enough ,,do need to improve my soldering skills ....small stuff mainly do u guys leave the l out when u say it solder ??????? thanks duck
                                          Here's an informative thread if you're looking for equipment.

There's plenty of us around here at the Squawk if you need any help with tools or techniques.

Comment

Working...
                                          X