Clear All

• Love you Bro!!!!

Comment

• Nice! Diggin the cowl flaps!
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post
        Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1077.JPG Views:	0 Size:	87.0 KB ID:	234851Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1078.JPG Views:	0 Size:	86.3 KB ID:	234850 Here's my 3D printed cowl flaps (non-functional). A little paint and glue needed.

Tom

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1079.JPG Views:	0 Size:	86.5 KB ID:	234849
        WOW Tom, that's all this baby needed. Wish they sold these on Motion's upgrade parts, I get them immediately. Tried cutting plastic pieces to simulate them but they came out like and ended in the trash.
        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Here's my 3D printed cowl flaps (non-functional). A little paint and glue needed.Tom
          Tom, I didn't figure adding those would make such an amazing difference, simply gorgeous. Great work, Sir. Best, Steve
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• .Stl??
            Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
              .Stl??
              Needs some adjustments to the design...too flimsy.

Tom

Comment

Needs some adjustments to the design...too flimsy.Tom
                Tom, Are you going to try different types of filament? Best, Steve
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Needs some adjustments to the design...too flimsy.

Tom
                  All good!
                  No rush sir!
                  Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Tom, Are you going to try different types of filament? Best, Steve
                    Steve, No sir. The wall is too thin where it meets the ring. I had designed it with a taper which looked good but didn't print very well. So, designed it without the taper. Will send it to the printer and see how it turns out.

Tom

Comment

Steve, No sir. The wall is too thin where it meets the ring. I had designed it with a taper which looked good but didn't print very well. So, designed it without the taper. Will send it to the printer and see how it turns out.

Tom
                      Tom, I have not started my Corsair, but I dinked around with a 3DP design for a functional assembly. I didn't have the correct cowl radius so I used 8" just for giggles. And dimensional, it all basically a SWAG from pictures. If these ideas and STLs work, feel free to redesign or adjust to your liking. Once I start the model, I will continue with the design if you haven't already done it. I just couldn't get the idea out of head this morning. Also, if I am just way off the mark, let me know. Best, Steve

Flightline Corsair Cowling Flap Hinge Base.stl
                      Flightline Corsair Cowling Flaps Assembly.stl

Click image for larger version  Name:	Flightline Corsair Cowl Assembly.JPG Views:	0 Size:	172.5 KB ID:	235172
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Elbee you are the "Bomb" Thanks man !!

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                          Elbee you are the "Bomb" Thanks man !!
                          E4DG, Yeah well, I haven't printed it and I haven't even opened the shipping box on my Corsair, so the design in reality might be the 'bomb'. There is still the 'narrower flap' to design and the pivot arm is a random length and angle. And there's that little thing about actuating it, but I would start with a round cam with angled slots that connect to connecting rods to each flap. Again, it is all moot until I start the build and look at the firewall area and cowl attachment, blah,blah,blah. Best, LB
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Elbee, quite the design I must say. Perhaps a bit too complicated at least for me. Your forcing me to design my own functional flaps in a more primitive way.

Tom

Comment

Elbee, quite the design I must say. Perhaps a bit too complicated at least for me. Your forcing me to design my own functional flaps in a more primitive way.

Tom
                              Yeah sure, I am forcing you like that's me standing next to you in a ninja suit. BTW, who is that? As you know, a simpler design is the best design, my friend. Again, I just got this thought for a design in my head and couldn't shake it out, so I did it yesterday and slept better last night as a result. Believe me, I was not trying to get you to redesign, I was really going to give it shot for my build and used your beginning as motivation to rethink it. As I wrote, I have yet to open the packing box on mine. I think I can speak for a lot of Corsair Owners when I say, I hope you noodle it out. Best as always, LB
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I-fly-rc-aircraft

Tom, Looking at the videos and pictures of the Flightline Corsair, it looks to me that where the fuselage meets the cowling the fuselage is not radius-ed like the actual. That would change my thinking on a design for functional cowl flaps if I could not attach the 'moving' parts to the firewall which was/is my thought on the design. I figured I would have to do some 'sculpting' and change some of the OEM set-up to incorporate functional flaps. Again, I am literally clueless until I open the boxes and begin the build. Best, Steve
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                  I think I can speak for a lot of Corsair Owners when I say, I hope you noodle it out.
                                  You sure do!

My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I was just thinking. "Maybe I should order a fuse to "experiment" on." It's only money right.

Tom

Comment

I was just thinking. "Maybe I should order a fuse to "experiment" on." It's only money right.

Tom
                                      Whoa, You 'are' the consummate R & D Builder. Sounds like something I might do. This is making me want to stop my Hornet build, but that's not really my style, but all this sure is getting me stoked for the Corsair build. Post pictures if you want of your progress. Best, Steve
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I just ordered a spare fuse I can "dig" into. No sense f^*&^ing up my flying one. $60.00 for "peace of mind" . You can call me crazy but that's not the worst thing I've been called.

Tom

Comment

I just ordered a spare fuse I can "dig" into. No sense f^*&^ing up my flying one. $60.00 for "peace of mind" . You can call me crazy but that's not the worst thing I've been called.

Tom
                                          Tom, Crazy like a fox, crazy. I call it logical and possibly a bit-o-genius. Best, Steve
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X