Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What he ^^^^^ said.

Comment

• Plus one on the 4 blade.... what are the details? is it the old sky raider prop or is it the prop off the FMS Corsair? And.... what additional hardware did you need to mount if any?
      Details on amp draw would be a plus, Thanks :-)
      Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post
        mudduck, what 4 blade prop you using? cool beans man

Tom
        Hey Tom,

TiredIron posted waaaaaaaay back in this thread, that is the 17" 4-blade prop from the old 1700mm FMS P-47. That plane was discontinued but the prop parts are still available if you're lucky to find them (I got mine on ebay) - you need to purchase the hub, spinner, and the props. Don't buy the FMS prop adapter, it will not fit the Corsair's motor, but the prop will fit the original Flightline prop adapter with some very minor modification. Basically you need to enlarge the hex on the adapter a little (I used masking tape) so that the slightly larger FMS hub fits tight. The FL adapter is a little short but with a little fiddling you can make it work. I carefully shortened the base of the spinner cone so that the recessed nut would engage the threads.

The FMS hub and spinner are black, so I painted them.

The 4-blade prop pulls a little more but the model is not as fast. I love the look and it flies very realistically.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190331_101757.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.1 KB ID:	241184Click image for larger version  Name:	20190331_101757.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.1 KB ID:	241185
        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• TMD ………. No luck required in finding the prop, it is also the same prop assembly that is used on the 1700 Corsair (FMS) that is still in production with parts avail from Horizon or directly from FMS.
          From Horizon:
          The Spinner Blue F4U 1700mm by FMS is a quality built remote controlled airplane accessory. See all our RC product options online at Horizon Hobby!

The Propeller, 17 x10, 4-Blade: 1700mm F4U by FMS is a quality built remote controlled airplane accessory. See all our RC product options online at Horizon Hobby!

From FMS:

Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I'm not sure if this is helpful or not but I have a 16" 4-blade prop from a Skyraider I bought a few years back to upgrade the FMS Razorback but I never did use it. Just sits collecting dust now. If anyone thinks they can use it just let me know. There's no hub/mounting hardware, just the 4-blade prop.

Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	942
Size:	269.8 KB
ID:	241410
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• have my fline parts now from motian ....ailerons working corectly .... thanx to all 4 help advice !!!!! 3.75 robart wheels r cool as heck,,,,, will fly this weekend ,,,,,, and fit them soon that 4 blade does look good ,,,, cya

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                TMD ………. No luck required in finding the prop, it is also the same prop assembly that is used on the 1700 Corsair (FMS) that is still in production with parts avail from Horizon or directly from FMS.
                From Horizon:
                The Spinner Blue F4U 1700mm by FMS is a quality built remote controlled airplane accessory. See all our RC product options online at Horizon Hobby!

The Propeller, 17 x10, 4-Blade: 1700mm F4U by FMS is a quality built remote controlled airplane accessory. See all our RC product options online at Horizon Hobby!

From FMS:

http://www.fmsmodel.com/fmsprop002-p...-17-10-4-blade
                actually you can still buy this FMS 1700mm plane and all the parts from Horizon. Everything is in stock

The F4U Corsair Blue PNP, 1700mm by FMS is a quality built remote controlled airplane. See all our RC product options online at Horizon Hobby!

Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

Hey Tom,

TiredIron posted waaaaaaaay back in this thread, that is the 17" 4-blade prop from the old 1700mm FMS P-47. That plane was discontinued but the prop parts are still available if you're lucky to find them (I got mine on ebay) - you need to purchase the hub, spinner, and the props. Don't buy the FMS prop adapter, it will not fit the Corsair's motor, but the prop will fit the original Flightline prop adapter with some very minor modification. Basically you need to enlarge the hex on the adapter a little (I used masking tape) so that the slightly larger FMS hub fits tight. The FL adapter is a little short but with a little fiddling you can make it work. I carefully shortened the base of the spinner cone so that the recessed nut would engage the threads.

The FMS hub and spinner are black, so I painted them.

The 4-blade prop pulls a little more but the model is not as fast. I love the look and it flies very realistically.

Click image for larger version Name:	20190331_101757.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.1 KB ID:	241184Click image for larger version Name:	20190331_101757.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.1 KB ID:	241185
                  all parts and the Corsair are available see link

The F4U Corsair Blue PNP, 1700mm by FMS is a quality built remote controlled airplane. See all our RC product options online at Horizon Hobby!

Comment

• Thanks guys, that 4 blade is going to look sweet on mine.

Tom

Comment

Thanks guys, that 4 blade is going to look sweet on mine.

Tom
                      Its good to see the parts are listed by Horizon (and FMS) - to repeat, you'll only need the "spinner" (Part# FMMSI310BLU, currently on backorder) and the blades (Part# FMMPROP002, currently in stock).

Then a little modification is needed to make it work. You'll find that the hub's hex mounting hole is too big, its too loose on the original prop adapter. So what I did was carefully wrap several layers of masking tape around the hex on the original prop adapter until the hub fit properly. It seems odd but it works because the main nut holds the hub on very tight. (The hex on the prop adapter just stops it from turning when you're tightening down the nut.) Then the second thing that I found was that there wasn't enough of the bolt sticking out for the acorn hub to grab onto. I thinned the back of the hub a little (its very thick), and shortened the skirt of the acorn hub a little, until the acorn nut could grab the threads. If you guys do this mod this will make more sense when you see it! The acorn nut is just a decoration, so installing it finger tight is all you need. I've had no problem with mine... except I painted the hub and acorn silver and the paint keeps rubbing off!

Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• No flying this weekend. ,, to windy so fit. The robarts instead. ​ ,,, Is there a good way too. Make the raised letters, Goodyear etc;;. White or more prominent!!??? Or just a steady hand and small brush​​​​​​

Comment

• I'mmmmmmm baaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                          Got it sliding manually.

Tom

Comment

I'mmmmmmm baaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                            Got it sliding manually.

Tom
                            Great job!

Comment

I'mmmmmmm baaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                              Got it sliding manually.

Tom
                              Outstanding!!! Are you hooking a servo up to it by any chance? BTW, when do you have any time to fly with working on all these over the top modifications? You need to change your description from "Always Learning" to "Always Teaching".
                              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Outstanding!!! Are you hooking a servo up to it by any chance? BTW, when do you have any time to fly with working on all these over the top modifications? You need to change your description from "Always Learning" to "Always Teaching".
                                Hugh:
                                Flying is over-rated LOL and I enjoy this as much as flying.
                                I have 70 mm of travel. IF I'd want to operate it electro-mechanically I'd use something like a servoless retract drive. Then I'd need to open up the bottom of the fuse and come up with a mechanism to attach the sliders to and re-design the aft channels and sliders.
                                I'm retired and a PT school bus driver so I have time to mess with this stuff.
                                I worked 46 years and many 12 hour shifts and 60+ hour work weeks. 23 of those years on swing shift.
                                Never did much tinkering but did build several planes from kits.
                                Raised two boys but an empty nester now.
                                Never stop learning.

Tom

Comment

I'mmmmmmm baaaaaaaaaaaaaack.Got it sliding manually.Tom
                                  Tom, Outstanding work, Sir. Bravo Zulu. Best, Steve
                                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Hugh:
                                    Flying is over-rated LOL and I enjoy this as much as flying.
                                    I have 70 mm of travel. IF I'd want to operate it electro-mechanically I'd use something like a servoless retract drive. Then I'd need to open up the bottom of the fuse and come up with a mechanism to attach the sliders to and re-design the aft channels and sliders.
                                    I'm retired and a PT school bus driver so I have time to mess with this stuff.
                                    I worked 46 years and many 12 hour shifts and 60+ hour work weeks. 23 of those years on swing shift.
                                    Never did much tinkering but did build several planes from kits.
                                    Raised two boys but an empty nester now.
                                    Never stop learning.

Tom
                                    Tom, at least you're thinking about it, sounds like you already have a concept on how to make it work. Just gives me the chills thinking about your Corsair with operational cowl flaps and an operational canopy, wow.
                                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Fantastic work Tom! Now if FlightLine can just offer these kinds of amenities out of the box for those like myself who lack the patience and skill then life would be splendid!
                                      My YouTube RC videos:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Hmmmm Maybe I can actuate that canopy The schools are closed for a couple of weeks and I just so happen to have a retract unit lying around. Only thing is the jack screw is too short. Time to design a fix.

Tom

Comment

• folding wings next ,,,,that would a task .. but way coooool looks like we will all have some spare time

Comment

Working...
                                          X