Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCF, An absolutely gorgeous classic and that airframe looks good, too. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• UPDATE ON FUNCTIONAL COWL FLAPS:

Last Monday I received the Fuselage from Motion. I proceeded to remove 2mm from the faux cowl flaps. In my design there is a channel for the music wire to operate the flaps. The channel is an additional 4mm which I needed to remove to have the cowl flaps to be flush with the fuse/cowl. When removing the additional 4 mm I went through the foam. I"ll need to redesign the cowl flaps. At a loss right now as to how to get them to work.

Tom

PS: I've has the flu for the last 3 days which has hapmered my progrtess.

Comment

• Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post
        UPDATE ON FUNCTIONAL COWL FLAPS:

PS: I've has the flu for the last 3 days which has hapmered my progrtess.
        I've dodged it so far this season but feel your pain. Hope you get better quickly!

Comment

• Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post
          UPDATE ON FUNCTIONAL COWL FLAPS:

Last Monday I received the Fuselage from Motion. I proceeded to remove 2mm from the faux cowl flaps. In my design...
          Tom, Your design IS the design. Get well soon, Brother Best, Steve
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• ​​
            Anybody know what these springs are for?

~ Neil

Comment

• Originally posted by Seahawk One View Post
              ​​

~ Neil
              For some reason, I can not see your attached photo, however, the 1600mm Corsair (and I'm assuming you are referring to the 1600mm Flight Line Corsair) only has springs in one location. The springs are attached to the main landing gear posts close to the wing and then to the small "front" gear cover facing forward. Without the springs, that piece will not close when the main gear is retracted into the wheel well. Not talking about the 2 main gear door covers, but the small one at the front of the main landing gear posts. Hope that helps and sorry I'm not using the actual names for things, I'm sure most of you know the correct names, but I'm not in that company.
              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

​​

~ Neil
                Without being able to see your image I can't be sure but this is a picture of the little spring that Hugh was referring too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GearDoorSpring.jpg
Views:	599
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	237589

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

Without being able to see your image I can't be sure but this is a picture of the little spring that Hugh was referring too.

Name:	GearDoorSpring.jpg
Views:	599
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	237589
                  That's it Beeg, nice photo and label, that is what I was referring to. BTW, nice Robart's on there. 3 1/2 or 3 3/4? I used the 3 1/2 Diamond myself cause I didn't want to trim out the wheel well for the larger one, which is more true in size for the scale.
                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Is it just me being the unlucky one? My Freewing Corsair 1600mm Corsair is magnificent in many ways.....but the Freewing 17g servos, in my experience, do it no favours. In my plane they simply do not centre adequately from opposite directions, and the fine trimming is let's say....a bit ragged. Is this just me??? Two servos have been removed from the model and tested with a different Rx with the same result. Other Rx's (albeit just literally a couple of pounds more expensive) have been pretty good at centering in the same set up. Particularly on the elevator, where a very small throw is required, I found it really irritating in the air. Am I an isolated case????

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

That's it Beeg, nice photo and label, that is what I was referring to. BTW, nice Robart's on there. 3 1/2 or 3 3/4? I used the 3 1/2 Diamond myself cause I didn't want to trim out the wheel well for the larger one, which is more true in size for the scale.
                      3.75 diamonds on the first set. I had a slightly lopsided tire on that set so switched them out and currently using 3.75 straight tread.

Comment

• Thanks for the replies, but not so sure they are the same springs.
                        Here they are out of the bag- roughly 54mm or just over 2 inches long.
                        Maybe for the struts as a spare set or different spring rate than stock?

Name:	B411DA26-F125-4DCC-AF5A-0A6C9FC760FB.jpeg
Views:	536
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	237691

Comment

Thanks for the replies, but not so sure they are the same springs.
                          Here they are out of the bag- roughly 54mm or just over 2 inches long.
                          Maybe for the struts as a spare set or different spring rate than stock?

Name:	B411DA26-F125-4DCC-AF5A-0A6C9FC760FB.jpeg
Views:	536
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	237691
                          Yah, those look like the springs for the main struts. Curious that they would come in as "extra" parts. Assume the struts that came installed have springs in them, yes? I sure didn't get any extra springs with mine, guess your just the lucky one.
                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Got some pictures today from my buddy who is painting mine up for me. It’s coming along nicely.

Gravy
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Hey guys found the need to post couple pics after more weathering.... Also. I cut mains springs. 5 mm. .. bit softer now Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200223_164028.jpg
Views:	612
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	237745
                              Attached Files

Comment

• That looks great! Subtle but definitely weather/war worn. I like how you haven’t overdone it. It’s always tricky knowing when to stop and you’ve nailed it 😎.

Regards
                                Kurt

Comment

• i hav spent many hours thanx kurt great to hear from acros our pond ....do u watch x jet ??his roban heli vid was good

Comment

• im told the yellow tokyo nose was a one day deal then?????

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
                                      i hav spent many hours thanx kurt great to hear from acros our pond ....do u watch x jet ??his roban heli vid was good
                                      Yeah I’ve seen a few x jet vids but not the one you mentioned. You’ve just given me something to search for 😎. I was just thinking this morning I’ve gotta bite the bullet and get the thumbs used to helis again at some point. Happy flying and good to hear from you also mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
                                        Hey guys found the need to post couple pics after more weathering.... Also. I cut mains springs. 5 mm. .. bit softer now Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200223_164028.jpg
Views:	612
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	237745
                                        Hey... I'm definitely not that guy to point out things (b/c I make lots of mistakes)... but your stars are upside down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
                                          Got some pictures today from my buddy who is painting mine up for me. It’s coming along nicely.

Gravy
                                          GC, Is that livery NAS Olathe? If so, looking forward to seeing that on the Flightline Corsair. Best, LB
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X