Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by theoldALFER View Post

Mike,
    i got my pilot from Mike Hicks. His company employs disabled veterans and as a Vietnam Vet, I appreciate that. Here’s his email: bmarkrc@gmail.com
    Check him out. My pilot came painted, so all I need to do is “personalize” him to my tastes.
    I've picked up several of his pilots. Pretty good to deal with.

Mike Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1907.JPG
Views:	767
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	191554Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1906.JPG
Views:	749
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	191555Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1905.JPG
Views:	799
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	191556
    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• je m excuse de reparler du cdg mais pour notre f4u ! il faut 100m/m du bord d attaque avec train rentré ou train sorti ??avec les roues robbart

Comment

• Originally posted by didier galmiche View Post
        je m excuse de reparler du cdg mais pour notre f4u ! il faut 100m/m du bord d attaque avec train rentré ou train sorti ??avec les roues robbart
        Rough translation: "I apologize for talking about the cg for our f4u! It is 100mm from the leading edge with the gear up or down with the robart wheels."
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• A NOSE HEAVY PLANE MAY FLY POORLY, BUT A TAIL HEAVY PLANE FLYS ONLY ONCE.

mine is balanced at 100mm from the le with the lg deployed. not flown yet.

apologize to those that my caps offends (I work in caps only).

joe
          Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• Originally posted by prestonowtm View Post

No. I have not taken the cowl off of it as yet. Even have the two extra in a bag they sent still sitting on the counter
            OK, remove the cowling and take out the 4 pre-installed lead weights. Then put everything back together and place the battery (I assume you are using the 5000mah battery?) all the way forward and see where that balances. If you are now tail heavy, set 1 or more of the weights on the nose while on the balancer until you reach level. If still nose heavy, then just keep moving the battery back until you balance. You should be able to get the correct balance then.

It's best to balance with the battery all the way forward and remove as many weights as possible, that way your plane is as lite as possible.:Cool:
            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Any word on when the popeller blades are due to be back in stock? I trimmed mine a littl in my maiden. Waaaayyy too nose heavy.

Comment

• Originally posted by paladin View Post
                A NOSE HEAVY PLANE MAY FLY POORLY, BUT A TAIL HEAVY PLANE FLYS ONLY ONCE.

mine is balanced at 100mm from the le with the lg deployed. not flown yet.

apologize to those that my caps offends (I work in caps only).

joe
                Shouldn't the plane be balanced with the gear up since the gear rotate backward?:Confused:

Comment

• Gear up.... ;)

Comment

• Hey Pilots – A bit off subject but I need you help.

I’m trying to create a list of the “Top 50 + - “AMA Chartered” fields across the US. I know there’s a generic A-Z list of all the 2400 AMA chartered fields but I’m looking to identify the top fields in terms of number of runways, (grass or asphalt) how groomed they are, available facilities, amenities, number of members etc. etc.

I know this is a very subjective request but an example would be the Triple Tree Aerodrome in SC, Red Apple Flyers in Wenatchee, WA, the Hudson Valley RC - West Haverstraw, NY and the Rosewood RC Flyers in Elizabeth, IN. Please let me know who you feel would fall into the top fields under the criteria I mentioned.

Thanks a million! Grover54

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Shouldn't the plane be balanced with the gear up since the gear rotate backward?:Confused:
                      I'd never disagree with Hardway but I always thought the plane should be balanced with the gear down :Thinking:, as this is the most critical point of a flight, during take-off and landing. The only manual that I've ever seen that even mentions balancing and the position of the gear is on the FMS 1700mm P-51. It does say "Always balance the plane upside down with the retracts down", but then again I don't put much stock in FMS. :Silly: I've balanced all my planes with the retracts down, so if you're smart and see how bad I fly, you won't listen to a word of my advice.:Dizzy:
                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• An even better idea is to stick with planes that have fixed landing gear and you'll never have to worry about up or down.:Ligthbulb: This should also save a lot of money on purchasing replacement retracts, at least in my case.
                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• You should balance this Corsair with the gear up and the model upside down. That way your CG is set for flight. When the gear are down this will cause a slight nose heavy condition for landing.
                          If you balance the model gear down, then your CG will be set for landing and when the retracts are up, the flying CG will now be an aft CG.

As with full size airplanes, there is a range of allowable CG, typically between something like 18% - 33% of MAC or mean aerodynamic chord.

So the chord on this Corsair is 333mm... This means the stated CG in the manual is at 30% of MAC, which is a slightly aft CG for an airplane of this type.

The model should fly with the CG being between 60mm or 18% of MAC to 110mm or 33% of MAC aft of the leading edge. 60mm being way forward and 110mm being way aft.

So just because the manual states it’s 100mm aft of the leading edge, the model will fly with the CG forward or aft of this position, they just decided that 100mm was the sweet spot where it handled best.
                          You may decide that 90mm is better or 110mm is better. It’s how you like the model to respond, personal preference...

When you fly the model, roll her over and see how much down elevator is needed to maintain level flight. Excessive amounts of down elevator indicate the CG is too far forward. On warbirds my preference is a small amount of down elevator during inverted flight. In a stunt type model, no down elevator would indicate a perfect cg during inverted flight. Warbirds are not stunt planes..., choose wisely.

Comment

• Well said Ole-Timer. A great primer for us all.:Cool:

Comment

• Agreed. Good stuff there OT...Great information.
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                Gear up.... ;)
                                +1 .
                                Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• Just for the record, I did balance with gear down right side up and have flown on both Admiral 6S 5000 (old version) and Roaring Top 5500s with no added weight in the nose and it flies perfect for my tastes...
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Am I going CRAZY???? I just stumbled onto this Giant F4U Corsair video from a 2017 Warbirds Classic. Aside from the amazing weathering and the close-ups that make you feel you're looking at a full size bird - the sound is like a "real" radial engine. Do they make such a thing in miniture??? It sounds too good to be a sound card. I'm blown away!!! Check it out.

Well - I guess I just continue to disclose my inexperience. After posting this I found out that Moki makes radial engines among others. I had no idea so I'm editing this to face the whipping post. I'm also guess these engines cost a pretty penny $1,200++? I want one but my budget and experience screams electric! :Cool:

Comment

• Welcome my friend to the expensive world of CARF warbirds...Those are in fact actual radial engines....Moki is the main supplier...I don't know squat about gas engines so I can't go into specifics but these are multi-cylinder bad boys that look and sound the part!

A CARF wing-folding Corsair with Moki radial would be one of my first hobby investments if I ever hit the lotto. ;)

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

A CARF wing-folding Corsair with Moki radial would be one of my first hobby investments if I ever hit the lotto. ;)

https://www.aeroscale.shop/collections/moki-engines
                                        RC Plane: $4000
                                        Moki Radial Engine: $5000

The look on someone's face when you tell them the cost of your toy plane ?: PRICELESS !! LOL;):Whew:

Seriously..Wow....just wow...

Comment

• And to think that's peanuts compared to what some spend on their giant turbine jets! I feel like I shave a couple days off my life every time I total a $600 foamie...Imagine a model worth the price of a new car! Insanity!!
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X