Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• been lookin a while, but found it.. vought f4u corsair .mov bit old but most of that stuff is hope it helps ... we have 1 here in melbourne ,, but it crash landed 2 weeks b4 the airshow oh well

Comment

• Originally posted by F4ucorsair View Post
      been lookin a while, but found it.. vought f4u corsair .mov bit old but most of that stuff is hope it helps ... we have 1 here in melbourne ,, but it crash landed 2 weeks b4 the airshow oh well
      Can you give more info?

Ken

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

O.K. my bad on that. When you said larger, I thought you meant the larger control rod and linkage rather than the width of the surface. Turns out we were actually agreeing with each other.:Cool:So nice when two adults can have a meaningful discussion, in the interest of learning, without the adversarial part. I doff my Seahawk hat to you sir.
        And I doff my Broncos hat to you, sir! We were both correct!

Comment

• Broncos? February 2nd 2014 must have been an awful day for you. My (in)sincere apologies! LOL :P;)
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• ken go to u tube ..chanel comaz

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
              Broncos? February 2nd 2014 must have been an awful day for you. My (in)sincere apologies! LOL :P;)
              Yeah, we don't talk about that day much...

Comment

• We had ours against the Patriots with the interception in the end zone when we were on our way to winning the second Super Bowl!!!:Scared:

Comment

We had ours against the Patriots with the interception in the end zone when we were on our way to winning the second Super Bowl!!!:Scared:
                  I was convinced we were winning that game, and even when Russ threw the pick from my vantage point it looked like a TD and I started celebrating. Yeah, that lasted all of 2.4 seconds. :Crying:

Okay, hijack over, sorry...Back to the Corsair for the rest of you who could give a rip about our football woes, I am definitely going to do those scale details...Perfectly understated and seems easy enough to do. Those are the kinds of little details that other scale nuts will appreciate.
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

I was convinced we were winning that game, and even when Russ threw the pick from my vantage point it looked like a TD and I started celebrating. Yeah, that lasted all of 2.4 seconds. :Crying:

Okay, hijack over, sorry...Back to the Corsair for the rest of you who could give a rip about our football woes, I am definitely going to do those scale details...Perfectly understated and seems easy enough to do. Those are the kinds of little details that other scale nuts will appreciate.
                    They actually look pretty cool, don't take very long to put something there that enhances the scale look. Since I don't have operating balance tabs (or elevator trim tabs, either) I just put the connection of the balance tab rod (that's the longer of the two rods) just short of the stabilizer on the top and the bottom, gluing it to the elevator so that it couldn't interfere in the movement of the elevator in flight. But few would notice that, I would guess. Go ahead and try it if you have some spare time on your hands, I recommend it!

Comment

• Will do, thanks for the tip!
                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Hey MRC, any idea when some of the spare parts for the Corsair will hit our shores? :Thinking: It seems that when I purchased this bird a couple of months ago, several items were "out of stock" already and remain so. Always a good indicator of what everyone if having trouble with. Fortunately, I have yet to require any spare parts, but the way I fly, I'm always one landing away from needing a new retract or prop. :Silly:
                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                          Hey MRC, any idea when some of the spare parts for the Corsair will hit our shores? :Thinking: It seems that when I purchased this bird a couple of months ago, several items were "out of stock" already and remain so. Always a good indicator of what everyone if having trouble with. Fortunately, I have yet to require any spare parts, but the way I fly, I'm always one landing away from needing a new retract or prop. :Silly:
                          Hey Hugh, I have found the secret to not requiring any spare parts after all these years of flying. Just don't put a battery in it!LOLLOLLOL;)

Comment

• Well I pulled the trigger. I bought one. I was really really going to get away from the foam, going more 30cc and up stuff. Just could not resist a corsair. I love the FMS 1700mm Mustang and Tigercat. The 1700mm Corsair was just way to much wing loading imo. I have been watching vids of the flightline Corsair, so i got to try it out. Got the callie graphics coming, ordered some rustoleum varathane to. I am in Baltimore working right now, but will be home Thursday-Sunday and drive back Monday. I hope to have enough time to get the build completed in that time. Make sure I do it right

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	image_37759.jpg
Views:	786
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	191185Click image for larger version

Name:	image_38779.jpg
Views:	858
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	191184Click image for larger version  Name:	P_20190421_091737.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.4 KB ID:	191186 O.K. here's a before and after of Corsair with some of the decals and the new Robart 3 1/2" wheels. I painted the wheel covers silver and put some flat black on the inner wheel for more contrast. Was going to use washers for spacers but wound up drilling out a couple of wheel collars and replacing the original spacers with them to make up the extra spacing needed...looked a little cleaner. I'm going to take the wheels off one more time to redo the wheel bushings. I drilled out the ones supplied with the wheels but they were to flimsy to drill out properly so the wheels don't spin as freely as I would like. I'm thinking of replacing them with brass tubing if I can get the right sizes. Next is the rest of the decals, a repainted prop hub, and some weathering. Gonna try something I learned from 70ragtop from the P-38 thread.

Comment

• Ben you won't be disappointed. That much I know. Brad, the new wheels look great. I have mine in the que, still waiting to be brave enough to make the mod in case there are issues like you encountered. Looks great!
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_37759.jpg
Views:	786
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	191185Click image for larger version

Name:	image_38779.jpg
Views:	858
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	191184Click image for larger version Name:	P_20190421_091737.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.4 KB ID:	191186 O.K. here's a before and after of Corsair with some of the decals and the new Robart 3 1/2" wheels. I painted the wheel covers silver and put some flat black on the inner wheel for more contrast. Was going to use washers for spacers but wound up drilling out a couple of wheel collars and replacing the original spacers with them to make up the extra spacing needed...looked a little cleaner. I'm going to take the wheels off one more time to redo the wheel bushings. I drilled out the ones supplied with the wheels but they were to flimsy to drill out properly so the wheels don't spin as freely as I would like. I'm thinking of replacing them with brass tubing if I can get the right sizes. Next is the rest of the decals, a repainted prop hub, and some weathering. Gonna try something I learned from 70ragtop from the P-38 thread.
                                  Brad, those Robart wheels look awesome, but don't forget to re-check the CG as they're quite heavy.
                                  Tom

Comment

• Good point. I actually haven't done the CG yet.

Comment

• I love Callie Graphics!

Name:	IMG_4286.JPG
Views:	684
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	191305

Name:	IMG_4248-1.jpg
Views:	641
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	191306

Comment

• There I was. The big Corsair 100%. Twenty minutes until sunset...perfect. Rolled out of the shop after prefight..no tail wheel movement but the rudder was working. Crap..no odd wires loose, cant find an issue, running out of time for the maiden. Back in the shop quick and on the stand. Still no loose connections, getting dark fast. Damn. I closed everything up and went into full diagnostic mode...my gear switch was in the wrong position when I hooked the battery up. So the tail wheel does not rotate when it's in the fuse. And if the gear toggle is in the wrong position when you hook the battery the tail wheel has no action. It's raining the rest of the week. hahahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by prestonowtm View Post
                                          There I was. The big Corsair 100%. Twenty minutes until sunset...perfect. Rolled out of the shop after prefight..no tail wheel movement but the rudder was working. Crap..no odd wires loose, cant find an issue, running out of time for the maiden. Back in the shop quick and on the stand. Still no loose connections, getting dark fast. Damn. I closed everything up and went into full diagnostic mode...my gear switch was in the wrong position when I hooked the battery up. So the tail wheel does not rotate when it's in the fuse. And if the gear toggle is in the wrong position when you hook the battery the tail wheel has no action. It's raining the rest of the week. hahahaha
                                          But you lived to fly another day!:Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X