X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Austang View Post
    Got my maiden done, I think I need to add in some elevator mix on my flaps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJW_zIXJgx0
    Nice Maiden and landing!

Comment

• Originally posted by apmech1 View Post
      LOL

I ran my flaps way down on my 1700mm fms corsair, yes lots of drag but such a sweet profile on landing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1555263720890.jpg
Views:	1107
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	190037 q
      Awesome still pic! What a beautiful bird!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post

Awesome still pic! What a beautiful bird!
        Ty. My wife takes great pics of my planes!

Comment

• O.K. different subject. What's the secret to removing the stock wheels?:Confused:I was going to put the Robart 3 1/2" wheels on and removed the set screw at the bottom of the strut but the axel won't budge. Thought I'd check with the more experienced guys before I break something.

Comment

• Great shot!

Brad, I have yet to switch mine out so I will be watching any replies closely.
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
              Great shot!

Brad, I have yet to switch mine out so I will be watching any replies closely.
              Hey Todd, off topic but did you see the package Mike is sending me for my birthday? Not going to tell you but the initials are Happy Jack's Go Buggy!:):):)

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                O.K. different subject. What's the secret to removing the stock wheels?:Confused:I was going to put the Robart 3 1/2" wheels on and removed the set screw at the bottom of the strut but the axel won't budge. Thought I'd check with the more experienced guys before I break something.
                It's likely they put some sort of stickem on that screw and likely too much and it has stuck the axle shaft into the end of the strut. So long as the screw is all the way out, I'd suggest you hold the strut assembly firm and take something like a center punch and give the end of the axle shaft a good tap after you put a little heat on it with a Bic lighter.. That's the way all of those sort of axles come out.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                  It's likely they put some sort of stickem on that screw and likely too much and it has stuck the axle shaft into the end of the strut. So long as the screw is all the way out, I'd suggest you hold the strut assembly firm and take something like a center punch and give the end of the axle shaft a good tap after you put a little heat on it with a Bic lighter.. That's the way all of those sort of axles come out.
                  O.K. xviper, I'll give that a try unless, of coarse, someone else comes up with an even more magic answer. Thank You!:Cool:

Comment

• Has anyone here used the Rust-Oleum 2x coat spray paints to do the 3 tone paint jobs? Ive been doing all of my planes with these lately and have been very impressed. Looking to see if I can match spray paints to this type of scheme as close as possible Click image for larger version  Name:	10065_1980903161969_16f0d3ce_9c7e_420c_9e5d_7676ad2af370.jpg Views:	0 Size:	200.4 KB ID:	190133

Comment

Hey Todd, off topic but did you see the package Mike is sending me for my birthday? Not going to tell you but the initials are Happy Jack's Go Buggy!:):):)
                      NICE!! Can't wait to see her in person someday! I am so jealous but in a good way! LOL

My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Right on my man! Hope the Queen gets done soon too!:Cool:

Comment

• Brad.... You made me laugh!!! All my Corsair stuff in being audited!!! Awesome stuff Bro!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

Comment

• Congrats on the 38!
                            :Cool:

Comment

• Thanks for both of those comments Hardway.

Comment

Hey xviper, you were right. I actually put my plumbing torch on the axle for a couple of seconds and tapped the strut end of the axle and was able to pry it out. Now I just have to drill out the supplied axle bushings(they are too small) and go from there.:Cool:Actually never had that issue before but most axle set screws are on the side of the strut so the loctite doesn't run onto the axle. In this case the set screw is at the bottom of the strut and when removing or installing the set screw, the plane is inverted so it's very likely the loctite is going to run down onto the axle.

Comment

Hey xviper, you were right. I actually put my plumbing torch on the axel for a couple of seconds and tapped the strut end of the axel and was able to pry it out. Now I just have to drill out the supplied axle bushings(they are too small) and go from there.:Cool:
                                  :Cool: When you put that hex screw back in, don't use Loctite. Use FoamTac. It won't matter if some gets on the axle.

Comment

:Cool: When you put that hex screw back in, don't use Loctite. Use FoamTac. It won't matter if some gets on the axle.
                                    Thanks xviper!

Comment

• I took some pics of my F4U-1A Corsair today at the field. Got a few flights in after having to replace a flap servo and a retract due to a bad landing. Today was much better, but still figuring out the landings on this plane. Flies beautifully, though! I painted mine up in the colors of one of the planes the top ace in the Corsair (25 kills) flew, Lt. Robert "Killer Bob" Hanson, USMCR. He flew with a bunch of real hotshot aces in VMF-215 in the Solomon Islands before he was killed in action on what would have been his last mission before going home.

Comment

• Nice!!!!! Very cool!!!! :Cool: Love the USMC camo on your pilot....

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                          Nice!!!!! Very cool!!!! :Cool: Love the USMC camo on your pilot....
                                          Thanks, Hardway. Even with foamies, the old addage is true, for me at least. You're never really finished with a warbird!

Comment

Working...
                                          X