Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=theoldALFER;n189465]
    Originally posted by apmech1 View Post
    I ...home depot...paint samples. I like using acrylics because it seems to be easier to shoot with an airbrush...

Apmech1,
    How do you thin out your HD acrylic paint? :Thinking:
    Thanks.
    50 /50 water to paint. Works great.

Comment

• If you’ve installed the 3D cockpit, can you post a picture of your installation? I can’t figure out where the gunsite goes.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Answered on FB Dave.

So the panel already contains a gunsight for one model of F4. The other one is for a different model. To use the separate one you have to cut out the one printed to the frame. After looking at some images on Google, I think the full panel is for the -1A, and the additional gunsight is for the -1D.
        Pat

Comment

• Thanks Pat, I found some pics in this thread and it looks like just what you said. I’m going to just use what’s already part of the panel and not use the extra gunsite that was printed.

Comment

• [QUOTE=theoldALFER;n189465]
            Originally posted by apmech1 View Post
            I ...home depot...paint samples. I like using acrylics because it seems to be easier to shoot with an airbrush...

Apmech1,
            How do you thin out your HD acrylic paint? :Thinking:
            Thanks.
            I also use the viejo thinner as well (50 /50), especially uf I want it to dry quicker.

Comment

• Thanks guys. I’ll do some experimenting using all y’all’s information. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20190331_113354.jpg
Views:	1321
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	187650Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20190331_113444.jpg
Views:	1306
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	187651Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20190331_113427.jpg
Views:	1185
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	187652 Finally got the basic tricolor scheme done on the bubble top. Still some touchup to do but she's finally on her feet. Got paint on the tires through the gear doors but the Robart 3 1/2" new shoes are next. I used an antique white underneath as straight white just seemed to stark. Even this looks pretty stark in the pictures but oh well. It will probably calm down with some weathering.
                How did you paint this? spray? what did you use?

Comment

• Originally posted by p51mustangman View Post

How did you paint this? spray? what did you use?
                  O.K. I sprayed the other two colors. I did the bottom part with an antique white from the hardware store first before the plane was assembled. I used the Model Masters Intermediate Blue using stencils held off an 1/8" to soften the edges and the rudder also before assembly. The dark blue was stock. For touchups, I just sprayed either the white or light blue into a paint cap and used a small artist's brush. I'm currently in the decal stage but progress is slow since I'm also working on the Raptor.:Cool:

Comment

• I got my Robart 3.5" wheels...Can anyone either link to the post that talks about what all is needed for the mod or let me know? I tried searching but couldn't find the post(s) specifically...We need a more robust search engine, lol.
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                      I got my Robart 3.5" wheels...Can anyone either link to the post that talks about what all is needed for the mod or let me know? I tried searching but couldn't find the post(s) specifically...We need a more robust search engine, lol.
                      3.5 requires either cutting the axel a bit and creating a flat spot for the Allen screw to lay flat on OR I just went to a local hardware store and got a few nylon washers to shim it a bit. Diameter was a bit off but came out perfect. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9498.jpg
Views:	757
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	189643Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9497.jpg
Views:	770
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	189644

Comment

• they actually look like the prop adapters from the Pandora, which I have a bunch of and have used them for just that scenario

Grossmand56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Thanks! I will likely go the washer route...What size did you get? Also it looks like a little dremel work is needed for it to fit in the wells?
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Thanks! I will likely go the washer route...What size did you get? Also it looks like a little dremel work is needed for it to fit in the wells?
                            no Dremel required. fits perfectly in mine. Sorry but I am not sure on the size, I just took the axel in with me to a ace hardware and tested them out

Comment

• Copy that...Thanks again.
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Interestingly, there was linkage on the real Corsair that compressed the oleo strut as it came up in the retraction cycle so it would fit into the wheel well. If you look closely in some pictures, you can see the vertical rod alongside the strut that pulled up the strut.

Comment

• Perfect! I was searching for this info last week and couldn’t find it. Here’s a photo of my WIP. I h Click image for larger version

Name:	9FDDE8C9-07F6-4344-A26A-F6E80C3B9162.jpeg
Views:	707
Size:	155.8 KB
ID:	189802 ave the wheel on hand but haven’t started the Mod yet because I was lacking this info.

Originally posted by p51mustangman View Post

3.5 requires either cutting the axel a bit and creating a flat spot for the Allen screw to lay flat on OR I just went to a local hardware store and got a few nylon washers to shim it a bit. Diameter was a bit off but came out perfect. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9498.jpg
Views:	757
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	189643Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9497.jpg
Views:	770
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	189644

Comment

• Flew her tonight next to a baseball field were these poor coaches were trying to have practice with their 13-14-15-year-old players. I did not expect anyone at the school at that time of night but dangit, I have bad weather coming in for the next week or more so when there's a window there's a window!

LOL

I kept the Corsair plenty far away from them but I could not help but overhear the comments. It went something like this:

COACH: "Hey! Stop looking at the airplane! PAY ATTENTION! Is it any wonder why we are 0-5 this year! It's this kind of lack of focus that happens during games!"

RANDOM KID #1: "Wow, look! He's flying upside down!"

RANDOM KID #2: "I bet he crashes."

RANDOM KID #3: "Whoooaaa!"

COACH: "That is pretty cool. OKAY PAY ATTENTION!"

On and on it went. I finally felt too bad to continue so I landed about 3 minutes earlier than I would have normally. I am not sure what was more important. The fact that this was actually a great lesson for the coach to utilize in order to bring home the importance in focus during games or the fact that I greased my landing.

LOL

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Flew her tonight next to a baseball field were these poor coaches were trying to have practice with their 13-14-15-year-old players. I did not expect anyone at the school at that time of night but dangit, I have bad weather coming in for the next week or more so when there's a window there's a window!

LOL

I kept the Corsair plenty far away from them but I could not help but overhear the comments. It went something like this:

COACH: "Hey! Stop looking at the airplane! PAY ATTENTION! Is it any wonder why we are 0-5 this year! It's this kind of lack of focus that happens during games!"

RANDOM KID #1: "Wow, look! He's flying upside down!"

RANDOM KID #2: "I bet he crashes."

RANDOM KID #3: "Whoooaaa!"

COACH: "That is pretty cool. OKAY PAY ATTENTION!"

On and on it went. I finally felt too bad to continue so I landed about 3 minutes earlier than I would have normally. I am not sure what was more important. The fact that this was actually a great lesson for the coach to utilize in order to bring home the importance in focus during games or the fact that I greased my landing.

LOL
                                      Greasing the landing obviously!;)LOLLOL

Comment

• I concur! LOL
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• A photo from said yesterday for posterity. :)

Best looking foam Corsair on the planet.

Click image for larger version  Name:	beauty.jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.1 KB ID:	189889
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X