Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loving my Birdcage, but I am so doing this thing all out scale-masters (for foam) that I am bogged down!!! More and more details. I sanded every foam mold mark off, and the I filled and primed the entire fuse. I am sanding it now and she is looking fantastic!!! I want Alpha to see and go "where did you get THAT plane from" LOL LOL

Comment

• Why not, right??? Go BIG or GO HOME!!!!!!!!!!!! :Silly:;)

Comment

• Trying to do a working landing light and all the navigation lights, all around!! :Drooling:

Comment

• Time for a beer!!!! :Drinks::Drinks::Drinks::wacky:Sleeping:

Comment

• Using a 2 gram micro servo to lower the landing light when the gear is deployed. Pics to come later!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
              Loving my Birdcage, but I am so doing this thing all out scale-masters (for foam) that I am bogged down!!! More and more details. I sanded every foam mold mark off, and the I filled and primed the entire fuse. I am sanding it now and she is looking fantastic!!! I want Alpha to see and go "where did you get THAT plane from" LOL LOL
              Soooooo - Let's see a pic!:Cool:

Comment

• Yeah Hardway, pics or it didn't happen!!! LOL LOL LOL
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Why not, right??? Go BIG or GO HOME!!!!!!!!!!!! :Silly:;)
                  That's what she said right??? LOLLOLLOLLOL

Comment

Loving my Birdcage, but I am so doing this thing all out scale-masters (for foam) that I am bogged down!!! More and more details. I sanded every foam mold mark off, and the I filled and primed the entire fuse. I am sanding it now and she is looking fantastic!!! I want Alpha to see and go "where did you get THAT plane from" LOL LOL
                    Good for you man! I've gotten myself bogged down on mods many times(and wished I hadn't at the time) but ultimately it gives you a sense of satisfaction that's hard to beat. And if you can blow Alpha's mind with your outstanding work, so much the better. And that's all she wrote!:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                      A photo from said yesterday for posterity. :)

Best looking foam Corsair on the planet.

Click image for larger version Name:	beauty.jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.1 KB ID:	189889
                      Want to ask how much down do you have on the flaps? I am sure it’s more then what the manual calls for.

Thanks, Ken

Comment

• We typically do not put the flaps down as far on a model as they can go on the full scale aircraft.

Most model setup manuals will say about 30 deg, when the full scale might drop them 60 deg

I've played with extreme flaps. I converted a Sig Kadet Sr to 4 servo wing (added ailerons and flaps) and hinged the flaps below the lower surface so they swung back and down. (not quite Fowler) Past 30 deg you are essentially just adding drag.
                        So we generally don't go there with the models. (but sailplane modelers do...)
                        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Just finished my winter project and made a start on the Corsair. Thought this day would never gonna arrive.
                          Can’t wait to get down and dirty!
                          Tolga
                          Instagram: @_t01ga_
                          YouTube: t01ga

Comment

• Originally posted by t01ga View Post
                            Just finished my winter project and made a start on the Corsair. Thought this day would never gonna arrive.
                            Can’t wait to get down and dirty!
                            You go Bro!!!! Love it!!! :Cool::Cool:

Comment

• I could post pics, but would have to redact them because it is all TOP SECRET!!!!!!!!!! :Confused::Whew::Scared:

Comment

You go Bro!!!! Love it!!! :Cool::Cool:
                                Thanks bud. I have done my research re weathering, full body pilot is on standby and the new cockpit interior is in the bodyshop. Looking forward to the end result of mine and yours for sure !!!
                                Tolga
                                Instagram: @_t01ga_
                                YouTube: t01ga

Comment

I could post pics, but would have to redact them because it is all TOP SECRET!!!!!!!!!! :Confused::Whew::Scared:
                                  Yeah!! Plus your under audit and can't release the pictures right?LOLLOL

Comment

• Got my maiden done, I think I need to add in some elevator mix on my flaps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken Smith View Post
                                      Want to ask how much down do you have on the flaps? I am sure it’s more then what the manual calls for.
                                      Oh it most certainly is. All due respect, ignore fhhuber (even though he may very well be the smartest man in the room) when it comes to this model. First off, the Corsair deserves FULL FLAPS. It's part of what makes it so beautiful and iconic. Drag? Sure! But it's also LIFT. The paradox of flaps on any airplane. Increases the camber thus why flaps are a good thing at lower speeds. I want my Corsair to match the 1:1 as much as feasible and that includes a flap setting far beyond the manufacturer's recommendations. If I could get the servos to stretch them to 90 degrees I would do it.

LOL

Just know if you want them like I have them, you must counter with airspeed. I found out the hard way. 25-30 percent power on approach with those glorious flaps will treat you right every time. Not just in a great landing but one of the most beautiful profiles on approach any warbird can offer.

My YouTube RC videos:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• LOL
                                        Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Oh it most certainly is. All due respect, ignore fhhuber (even though he may very well be the smartest man in the room) when it comes to this model. First off, the Corsair deserves FULL FLAPS. It's part of what makes it so beautiful and iconic. Drag? Sure! But it's also LIFT. The paradox of flaps on any airplane. Increases the camber thus why flaps are a good thing at lower speeds. I want my Corsair to match the 1:1 as much as feasible and that includes a flap setting far beyond the manufacturer's recommendations. If I could get the servos to stretch them to 90 degrees I would do it.

LOL

Just know if you want them like I have them, you must counter with airspeed. I found out the hard way. 25-30 percent power on approach with those glorious flaps will treat you right every time. Not just in a great landing but one of the most beautiful profiles on approach any warbird can offer.
                                        I ran my flaps way down on my 1700mm fms corsair, yes lots of drag but such a sweet profile on landing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1555263720890.jpg
Views:	1107
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	190037 q
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by apmech1 View Post
                                          LOL

I ran my flaps way down on my 1700mm fms corsair, yes lots of drag but such a sweet profile on landing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1555263720890.jpg
Views:	1107
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	190037 q
                                          Same with mine.

Comment

Working...
                                          X