Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I couldn't fly a plane that expensive. I'd be too nervous.LOL Heck I'll be nervous when I maiden my little UMX Timber soon...just waiting for the Tx to arrive next week..

Ok enough of this tangent...back to the Corsair!;)

Comment

• those moki 7 cylinder radials r cool as hell ... just the sound on the u tube vids ,, incredable.. hobby shops here ask between $1800 and $2500,, depending size''' would those large planes be a 10 TO 15 thousand doller item?? they seem to be big in europe.. maybe not in slovinia lol''' funny boys they r

Comment

• The CARF Corsair with the folding wing:Drooling: would be the total max. It's the Cadillac of Corsairs. But like Aros said, you'd have to win the lottery for one of those. But the Corsair Aros is building will run a close second.;):corsair

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
          The CARF Corsair with the folding wing:Drooling: would be the total max. It's the Cadillac of Corsairs. But like Aros said, you'd have to win the lottery for one of those. But the Corsair Aros is building will run a close second.;):corsair
          Yes she will! All the wait will be worth it my friend! :Cool:
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• cant wait to c it

Comment

• Here is a teaser video of my Birdcage maiden. The full coming is coming soon, I didn't realize how much work went into editing videos. :)

The weathering was done by Michael Lovero.

Comment

• Well done!! Love the Blacksheep music in the background. Nice touch.:Cool:

Comment

• Yep, nicely done for a pre-maiden video, looking forward to the maiden!
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Here is my full maiden flight video of my 1600mm Flightline Corsair from MotionRC.

This is a great flying plane and I'm so glad that they produced it. The fit and finish is second to none. I can't wait to get more flights on it.

Comment

• Well done my friend! Wow, you really put her through her paces for a maiden! I am a grandma on maidens by comparison! Bravo Zulu! :Cool:
                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                        Here is a teaser video of my Birdcage maiden. The full coming is coming soon, I didn't realize how much work went into editing videos. :)

The weathering was done by Michael Lovero.
                        Awesome.... thanks for sharing.... lots of torque coming from the front end :)

Rich

Comment

• Finally put the upgraded Robart 3.5" wheels on her today. Luckily I didn't run into any issues with the grub screws. Used the dremel to shave off a good portion of the shafts and carved a new depression in each to let the grub screws settle. Taxi tested and everything looks good. Will fly her tomorrow with her new feet. Nice not to have to carve any of the wheel well area. I did have to add the extra two weights to the nose due to the heavier wheels when retracted. Pretty tail heavy without them when retracted. I hate adding weight but I certainly don't want a tail heavy plane in flight.
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                            Finally put the upgraded Robart 3.5" wheels on her today. Luckily I didn't run into any issues with the grub screws. Used the dremel to shave off a good portion of the shafts and carved a new depression in each to let the grub screws settle. Taxi tested and everything looks good. Will fly her tomorrow with her new feet. Nice not to have to carve any of the wheel well area. I did have to add the extra two weights to the nose due to the heavier wheels when retracted. Pretty tail heavy without them when retracted. I hate adding weight but I certainly don't want a tail heavy plane in flight.
                            I added the 2 weights after I did the 3.5 robart upgrade. It seemed really nose heavy. Had to add 17 clicks of up elevator for level flight. The new wheels absorb the landing forces nicely. The landings are real greasers. I may look into adding robart wheels to the rest of my warbirds. :)

Comment

• Hmm, after adding it seemed spot on (CG) with wheels retracted for flight...I anticipate nose heavy with gear down but retracted? :Thinking:
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by apmech1 View Post

I added the 2 weights after I did the 3.5 robart upgrade. It seemed really nose heavy. Had to add 17 clicks of up elevator for level flight. The new wheels absorb the landing forces nicely. The landings are real greasers. I may look into adding robart wheels to the rest of my warbirds. :)
                                I'm trying to understand what you did with regards to the weight. If it was really nose heavy, why add more weight in the cowl? Wouldn't you remove weight if it's nose heavy?

Comment

• Carrying on with the mods!
                                  Tolga
                                  Instagram: @_t01ga_
                                  YouTube: t01ga

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	P_20190428_090301.jpg Views:	0 Size:	128.5 KB ID:	192258 Here's a shot of the prop hub with the new paint. The hub on the real deal looked like polished aluminum so I wanted it to be a little more shiny than stock.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                      I'm trying to understand what you did with regards to the weight. If it was really nose heavy, why add more weight in the cowl? Wouldn't you remove weight if it's nose heavy?
                                      I added the weights when balancing with the gear up. It balanced at 98mm with gear up and the 2 added weights. I didn't check the gear down balance. It seemed way too nose heavy though on my 1st flight. I decided to remove the weights and balance with gear down. It is now 98mm with gear down and 107 with gear up. Hopefully it will fly better. If it is too tail heavy next flight, i will drop my gear. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by apmech1 View Post

I added the weights when balancing with the gear up. It balanced at 98mm with gear up and the 2 added weights. I didn't check the gear down balance. It seemed way too nose heavy though on my 1st flight. I decided to remove the weights and balance with gear down. It is now 98mm with gear down and 107 with gear up. Hopefully it will fly better. If it is too tail heavy next flight, i will drop my gear. ;)
                                        But you can't fly the whole flight with the gear down. It looks weird. The time with the gear down is quite short compared to the rest of the flight. That's why I always balance with gear up. During take off and landing, I'm on the sticks with heavy input anyways, so that's not the time I'm terribly worried about the proper balance with the gear down. I always scratch my head a bit when I see people fly the bulk of the flight with the gear down. Sometimes, it's these same people who adhere to the "scale" code. Real planes lift the gear as soon as they leave the ground and don't put them down again till they are on final.

Comment

• Originally posted by t01ga View Post
                                          Carrying on with the mods!
                                          I gotta thank whomever came up with the red fuel filler cap. I found an old fuel filter from my wife's old focus. I used a small pipe cutter and an old rc plane axle to replicate a fuel cap that doubles as an handle to remove the battery cover.

Comment

Working...
                                          X