Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok thanks i will look to see what i can do just need slight bit more servo travel.

Comment

• Hold elevator UP. As you start going, start to relax. There is very little time between switch wheel to rudder authority.
      Planes
      -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
      -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• I put it on 125 /125 and will try that on my high rates while landing and takeoff dual rates are 100 and 25% mid is 80 and 35 low is 65 35 for rudder.

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
          T01ga,

Great job! You got pure talent!

I had a brown out on mine today, sadly. 3rd touch and go. Got attluide and make a turn running parrallel to the runway. Started a barrel roll and right when started to come down, lost control and down she went.
          Sorry to hear this my friend hope you can get her fixed back up to fly again soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by sethscorsair View Post

Sorry to hear this my friend hope you can get her fixed back up to fly again soon.
            She’s done. Cost to rebuild is close to a new one. What scares me
            is getting another one and it happening again. Probably go with RX and stand alone gyro. Or lemon sat.
            Planes
            -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
            -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Maidened mine today. Was going to get a video but camera failed. Had 2 flights, first one required a lot of down trim. (I think I'll put the remaining weights into the cowl.) Used a 5000 Turnigy Heavy Duty battery all the way forward. Once trimmed, it flew pretty good. Will still require more expo as I found it a bit sensitive, even on low rates. I'm not going to go into it in much detail. It's been done quite a lot already. I'll only add that I flew the FMS 1700mm Corsair with the upgraded 360kv motor and I flew the FW/FL with the 4-blade prop from the FMS Corsair two days apart. As far as speed and performance goes, even though the FMS is a LOT heavier, the two felt very similar on a full throttle fly by. Because the FW/FL one is so much lighter, it was more affected by wind gusts and cross winds but still manageable. I don't think a gyro will be necessary. The 1600mm does loops with more ease due to the light weight - requires less throttle. It was windy enough that I landed with no flaps and took off no flaps. It kinda floated in for the landing, not wanting to drop to the ground for quite a ways. Ground handling was better with the heavier FMS but the FW/FL was not a problem. I think it looks the part much better with the 4-blade on it. My personal preference (and I stress it's just MY choice) would be for the bigger, heavier FMS simply because I feel it's a more stable platform and it has a little more presence in the air. Flight times were similar with the timer set at 5:30 for both and ample battery left on landing. As much as I tried, I could not get the FW/FL to "whistle". I mean, they call it the "whistling death" but only my FMS does it so well. Even my sailplanes whistle on a fly by. I was going to give my FMS away, but as it stands, I'm keeping it and in time, as the FW/FL gets older and more used, I'll sell it or give it away.
              Here's a picture of it with the other planes I flew today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3367.JPG
Views:	873
Size:	234.8 KB
ID:	193834

Comment

• Good job xviper. Nice line up.

Comment

T01ga,

I had a brown out on mine today, sadly. 3rd touch and go. Got attluide and make a turn running parrallel to the runway. Started a barrel roll and right when started to come down, lost control and down she went.
                  That’s terrible, sorry to hear it. From your other posting you are using Spectrum, when was the last time you sent it in for a cleaning & check up? I send mine in every year. Often it’s free and cost less then $25 for shipping both ways, sometimes they ship it back free. Just a thought.

Ken

Comment

• Thank you, I’m more pissed that i don’t know the cause.

my radio is 3 weeks old, DX-9. I’m anal about not putting my radio on the ground. If I’m not using it, it’s in a case. Flew my Bae Hawk after. I’m thinking it was antenna close to the carbon rod in the side. Maybe, I don’t know. I hate having unanswered questions.

I didn't know they did that though:Cool:
                    Attached Files
                    Planes

Comment

is getting another one and it happening again. Probably go with RX and stand alone gyro. Or lemon sat.
                      I have a ar636 in mine and i have been lucky havent had any signal issues, its just steep learning curve for me to work the gyro but im thinking of removing as3x.

Comment

• Hi Guys,
                        I would like to say that I finished the maiden flight on my Corsair today and it was very successful. The airplane definitely fly's great with plenty of power. My first takeoff was without any flaps using some right rudder the plane tracked straight down the runway and lifted off at about 1/2 throttle. I was pretty nervous but it wasn't because of the plane..... it has been a long time for me to get an warbird back in the air. All I can say is this plane is beautiful in the air!! Very predictable flight characteristics and will take some time to get the correct approach angle to put this beauty on the ground without bouncing or ballooning. I am very happy with this new plane and thank you RCAV8R ""Rob"" for his assistance today at our local flying field. He had his F4U1A out for a spin today also. So we had 2 of these planes in the pit area. I have some photos below

Thanks Alpha and MRC for this wonderful airplane!!

Rich

Name:	IMG_2779.jpg
Views:	739
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	193853Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2781.jpg
Views:	724
Size:	211.3 KB
ID:	193854

Comment

Sorry Bro :(:(not cool at all...

Comment

Thank you, I’m more pissed that i don’t know the cause.

my radio is 3 weeks old, DX-9. I’m anal about not putting my radio on the ground. If I’m not using it, it’s in a case. Flew my Bae Hawk after. I’m thinking it was antenna close to the carbon rod in the side. Maybe, I don’t know. I hate having unanswered questions.

I didn't know they did that though:Cool:
                            I shared your photo with Spectrum group and asked what they thought of your install. You can check out answers under radios. Maybe they will have answers, hope you don’t mind.

Ken

Comment

• Here's my latest and greatest. It is the Flightline plane repainted as a Royal Navy Corsair Mk II. Decals are by Callie-Graphics. Added 2 3/4" Robart wheels, scratch-built cowl flaps and the Freewing Antenna wire set. Also printed out the 3D cockpit set, cut the wingtips down and cut the canopy open. Painted with Home Depot samples and weathered with chalk pastels. Only have about 3 flights so far. I'm finding take-offs a little squirrelly even with gentle easing of the throttle on takeoff. Once in the air, she's an honest agent though and landings are very predictable. I noticed that the full scale's retracts cycle one at a time. I'd like to do that but then will have to bypass the multi-connector setup. I disassemble the wings for transport so I don't know if I want to deal with that at this point.

Name:	IMG_1187.JPG
Views:	861
Size:	337.1 KB
ID:	193867Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1186.JPG
Views:	840
Size:	289.6 KB
ID:	193868Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1184.JPG
Views:	784
Size:	315.3 KB
ID:	193869

Comment

So sorry for your loss and to see your post. I was using the Admiral 10channel with sat receiver and it very worked well. Pretty happy with these receivers so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken Smith View Post

I shared your photo with Spectrum group and asked what they thought of your install. You can check out answers under radios. Maybe they will have answers, hope you don’t mind.

Ken
                                  Not at All Ken, thank you for taking the time to do that!

Originally posted by RichJ53 View Post

So sorry for your loss and to see your post. I was using the Admiral 10channel with sat receiver and it very worked well. Pretty happy with these receivers so far.

ive tan Admiral in ever FL plane I have (6) and never had a problem. Today just so many question and not enough answers. I do like gyros but I do like the ability to turn them off if need be. Admirals fit the bill
                                  Planes

Comment

• Would a few of you guys mind posting pictures of how you have your RX installed and antenna placement?

anyone use hobby eagle gyro?
                                    Planes

Comment

T01ga,

So sorry to hear that man!:(Those are the worst kind. Now you have to figure out what caused it to avoid repitition ....then get back on that horse.:Cool:

Comment

Not at All Ken, thank you for taking the time to do that!

ive tan Admiral in ever FL plane I have (6) and never had a problem. Today just so many question and not enough answers. I do like gyros but I do like the ability to turn them off if need be. Admirals fit the bill
                                        Agreed knock on wood they have been nice rx's

These are shots of my Rx and Sat inside the Corsair. Both are mounted with Velcro and removable

Name:	IMG_2783.jpg
Views:	808
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	193887Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2784.jpg
Views:	748
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	193888

Comment

• Originally posted by vduniec View Post
                                          Here's my latest and greatest. It is the Flightline plane repainted as a Royal Navy Corsair Mk II. Decals are by Callie-Graphics.
                                          V, Your Corsair is gorgeous, sir. :)I really like the RAF livery and you've done an outstanding job on her. :Cool: Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X