Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like to add my vote for an A-26 invader.
    I would like to see it silver in the configuration it was during the Korean War.. A 1600 mm P-39 would get my order as soon as available.

Comment

• Received my Bubble Top this morning. WOW, this thing is freaking beautiful. Have a small dent in the fuse where the aft antenna plugs in.Opened a ticket and will see how I'll proceed.
      Thanks Flightline and Motion for a terrific product.

Tom

Comment

• This is the minor damage (from shipping). I think I'll let it slide since it won't effect flight performance.
        The Corsair is all put together and all flight controls set. All I need to do is put on the decals and balance her.

CG by the book is 100 mm or 3.93701 inches. Pretty darn close to 4 inches lol.

Tom

Comment

• Just ordered the birdcage version. Can’t wait should have it within the week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cub View Post
            Just ordered the birdcage version. Can’t wait should have it within the week.
            Welcome sir
            this is a fantastic airplane and you should be very happy. Lots of good information here and ask the forum if you have any questions :)
            Rich

Comment

• Welcome to Hobby Squawk Cub! Enjoy she's a beauty! I have the Bubble Top but will eventually pick up the Birdcage just for the awesome weathering potential alone!
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Is the tail wheel supposed to turn when it's retracted?

Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post
                  Is the tail wheel supposed to turn when it's retracted?

Tom
                  That's a really odd question. I don't know why it matters. For what it's worth, mine does turn freely when I move it with my finger. However, if yours doesn't, it simply means that it's retracted a bit more than mine and the wheel is touching the foam above it, OR, it's turned a bit more than mine and it's touching something. Again, why is it important?
                  The critical thing is, does it come down and retract without binding? And when it's down, does it steer the plane properly?

Comment

• Just curious. I does deploy and turns when down. Not sure if it will steer the plane since I haven't taxied it yet.

Tom

Comment

Just curious. I does deploy and turns when down. Not sure if it will steer the plane since I haven't taxied it yet.

Tom
                      Whether or not the wheel turns when retracted is neither here nor there unless it's jammed up there, making the servo work against it. What's important is that it turns freely when deployed.
                      This plane is much lighter than the FMS 1700mm version. The FMS steers fine on the ground but when just moving off, you need full UP elevator on high rates so the prop wash will push the tail down to improve steering. On the FW/FL, especially on grass and changing directions from the wind, it is almost a requirement for UP elevator while taxiing. The lighter plane will weathervane badly when the wind is more than just a whisper.

Comment

This is the minor damage (from shipping). Tom
                        Tom,

I have found that joint compound (Sheetrock “mud”) works great for “dings” like that. Shape it while wet; let dry; sand with finishing sandpaper; paint (Home Depot can match. - paint sample); go fly
                        :Cool:

Comment

• xviper:
                          Thanks for the lesson on tail dragger's handling.
                          I manage to keep this one on the runway just fine. I did only ask about a situation with my tail wheel on the FL 1600 mm Corsair.

Comment

• Originally posted by theoldALFER View Post

Tom,

I have found that joint compound (Sheetrock “mud”) works great for “dings” like that. Shape it while wet; let dry; sand with finishing sandpaper; paint (Home Depot can match. - paint sample); go fly
                            :Cool:
                            Thanks for that theoldAlfer, however, I plan to re-paint the entire plane in the future and will patch such dings and dents then. Until then, I'm gonna fly fly fly.

Tom

Comment

• Hey guys:
                              I have two issues with my bubble top.
                              Firstly, I have a HRB 6000mAh 6s all the way forward with all six slugs in the cowl and it's still a tad tail heavy with gear up.
                              Secondly: When putting on the numbers I really messed up and tried to remove one and it started to pull the paint.

I read (on RCG) where the CG location could be as far back as 4 1/4" I have mine by the book at 3 7/8".

Has anyone had to remove any decals? If so did you use any type of de-bonder as to release the decal from the paint?

Headed to home depot shortly for some touch up paint.

Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by Christian62580 View Post
                                Bonjour à tous. Je me nome Christian, et j'habite en France dans le Pas de Calais. Je reprend l'aéromodélisme, après 42 années. Je profite d'être maintenant en retraite pour reprendre cette passion. Je part demain pour les Pays Bas (Hollande) chez Motion RC pour m'acheter un FlightLine F4U-1D Corsair "Bubble Top. Je vous rassure, je ne le piloterais pas de suite. Je me suis d'abord racheté un avion de début, le temps de reprendre la main. Je trouve votre site superbe, et on y trouve beaucoup d'explications. Bravo à tous. A bientôt sur le forum.
                                Christian, Bienvenue chez Hobby Squawk. Excellent conseil ici et tout simplement un grand groupe de dames et messieurs. Si vous n'avez pas accès à une imprimante 3D et que vous souhaitez un kit de cockpit pour votre Corsair, faites-le moi savoir, je vous en imprimerai un si vous paierez les frais d'expédition USPS International. Meilleur, LB
                                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

xviper:
                                  Thanks for the lesson on tail dragger's handling.
                                  I manage to keep this one on the runway just fine. I did only ask about a situation with my tail wheel on the FL 1600 mm Corsair.
                                  I have noticed this on 2 different FW Corsairs. I believe the steering linkage geometry does not correctly line up when the wheel is in the up position. As long as your servo does not bind in either up or down position your okay. I did not look into this any further because it functions correctly :)

So not a big deal to me.....
                                  All the best

Rich

Comment

• With my tailwheel steering, I use ch 7 to control it. So my steering has its own trim separate from the rudder. When the gear is down, the tailwheel is controlled by the rudder stick. When i retract the gear, the tailwheel goes back to center. It stays that way until 5 seconds after the gear extends. I started doing this with my 1700mm p-51 and p-47. Because with those, if I had rudder input while the tailwheel extended the steering control pin would miss the servo. So I do these mixes on all my planes now.

Comment

Hey guys:
                                      I have two issues with my bubble top.
                                      Firstly, I have a HRB 6000mAh 6s all the way forward with all six slugs in the cowl and it's still a tad tail heavy with gear up.
                                      Secondly: When putting on the numbers I really messed up and tried to remove one and it started to pull the paint.

I read (on RCG) where the CG location could be as far back as 4 1/4" I have mine by the book at 3 7/8".

Has anyone had to remove any decals? If so did you use any type of de-bonder as to release the decal from the paint?

Headed to home depot shortly for some touch up paint.

Tom
                                      Hey Tom, had he same issue with my Corsair being a tad tail heavy....mostly because of the Robart 3 1/2" wheels. I used four wheel collars to get the plane to balance. Don't remember what size, maybe 5/32 or 3/16 but the outside diameter of the wheel collars fit perfectly into the extra slug holes in the cowl. Just dropped them in and put a dab of foam tac to hold them in. As to the decals, had the same problem there as well but touched up with some paint matched at my local lumber yard. (no Home Depot here) Just took the rudder in and they matched to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by apmech1 View Post
                                        With my tailwheel steering, I use ch 7 to control it. So my steering has its own trim separate from the rudder. When the gear is down, the tailwheel is controlled by the rudder stick. When i retract the gear, the tailwheel goes back to center. It stays that way until 5 seconds after the gear extends. I started doing this with my 1700mm p-51 and p-47. Because with those, if I had rudder input while the tailwheel extended the steering control pin would miss the servo. So I do these mixes on all my planes now.
                                        How did you do that mix? Assuming you have a spectrum radio. I've been trying to get that done for my new Yellow Aircraft P-38 and haven't gotten there yet. I can't have the nose gear working while the gear is up.

Comment

Working...
                                        X