X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post

Robart bushings are simply to act as filler, so then, if the axle fits..., wear it! :Cool:
    They are not bearings so toss em in the spare parts box.

Robart scale tires are all I use on my warbirds, only the Spitfire’s have stock shoes.
    Been using them since the 70’s.
    Thanks a million! I'll post some pics of her new shoes.;)

Comment

• There are occasions where I have an ill fitting combination of axle to hub and in those cases I fabricate my own bushings out of brass tube. Has never failed me.

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
        Wearing the Robarts full time now:Cool:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190128_220903512_iOS.jpg
Views:	1316
Size:	200.6 KB
ID:	175054

Name:	20190128_225405979_iOS.jpg
Views:	1126
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	175053
        Baby has a new pair of shoes!!!! Now on to completing the control surfaces.:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post

I'm no expert Aros, but I think the pre-shade and post-shade effect is the most realistic. Then your "dusting" of color coat allows a peek thru of the darker color and creates the 3-D look of those faded planes. Post shading with lighter shades highlights high spots and tops where sun was most prevalent. Alpha's work is a great example. That is an airbrush thing of course...I think charcoal is good for gunnite and smoke but wouldn't be near as effective for the overall body. Just my $.02! Rob
          Thanks! Appreciate the feedback...
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Could I impose on one of y’all who has the F4U to tell me the measurements of the front gear door?
            I’m having Callie make some graphics and have a 3 digit number (wanna make sure they fit).

Haven’t ordered the Birdcage yet (mi dinero es el shorto ahora). Ordered the cowl ring though so I can attempt toemulate Old-Timer’s excellent job.

Comment

• Where the number would fit it’s 35-36mm across.

Comment

• I hope these photos will explain the patterns on the wing. Also there are footholds on the left side only.

Comment

• Originally posted by theoldALFER View Post
                  Could I impose on one of y’all who has the F4U to tell me the measurements of the front gear door?
                  I’m having Callie make some graphics and have a 3 digit number (wanna make sure they fit).

Haven’t ordered the Birdcage yet (mi dinero es el shorto ahora). Ordered the cowl ring though so I can attempt toemulate Old-Timer’s excellent job.
                  OK. Looking at the bottom of the wing with the leading edge toward you, the leading edge of the gear door is 30mm. (Where it hinges). Then the trailing edge of the door is 41.5mm at its widest point, before it narrows down to fit the gear strut. The height of the door from the LE to the widest part of the TE is 59mm.

Comment

• Here is a picture with the measurements. Hope this helps!! :Cool:

Comment

• One quick question about the Corsair. How easy is it to remove and reinstall the wing for transport? I know it won't go into my vehicle without removing that 63" wing.

Tom

Comment

• I just remembered that Callie Graphics is using a picture of my 1700mm Corsair. It is in VMF223. The HP that Calliie offers was the initials of the civil owner of that corsair. WP was that squadron's actual letter designator. I did that for my dad as he was in VMA-223 when they flew A-4 Skyhawks. Well unfortunately he passed away yesterday, so I can't bring myself to part with the model. This is the livery that I have. My wife took the photo.

Chance Vought F4U-4 "Corsair" (9456) (USMC 97302) (NX68HP) (HP-68) (Howard Pardue) Photo by Erik Lacey

I recently purchased the FW A-4 and ordered the VMA-223 decals from Callie as well. I intended for my 2 sons myself and my dad to complete the plane together. Unfortunately we did not have the opportunity to finish the A-4 together.

Comment

• Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post
                          One quick question about the Corsair. How easy is it to remove and reinstall the wing for transport? I know it won't go into my vehicle without removing that 63" wing.

Tom
                          Pretty straight forward. Four screws and the two ribbon cables.

Name:	WingRemoval.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	175147

Comment

• Originally posted by apmech1 View Post
                            I just remembered that Callie Graphics is using a picture of my 1700mm Corsair. It is in VMF223. The HP that Calliie offers was the initials of the civil owner of that corsair. WP was that squadron's actual letter designator. I did that for my dad as he was in VMA-223 when they flew A-4 Skyhawks. Well unfortunately he passed away yesterday, so I can't bring myself to part with the model. This is the livery that I have. My wife took the photo.

Chance Vought F4U-4 "Corsair" (9456) (USMC 97302) (NX68HP) (HP-68) (Howard Pardue) Photo by Erik Lacey

I recently purchased the FW A-4 and ordered the VMA-223 decals from Callie as well. I intended for my 2 sons myself and my dad to complete the plane together. Unfortunately we did not have the opportunity to finish the A-4 together.
                            My condolenses.

Comment

• Ol-Timer & Hardway: THANKS!!!

Anytime y’all in the Cape Coral area, the brews are on me. :Cool::Cool::Cool: :corsair

Comment

I just remembered that Callie Graphics is using a picture of my 1700mm Corsair. It is in VMF223. The HP that Calliie offers was the initials of the civil owner of that corsair. WP was that squadron's actual letter designator. I did that for my dad as he was in VMA-223 when they flew A-4 Skyhawks. Well unfortunately he passed away yesterday, so I can't bring myself to part with the model. This is the livery that I have. My wife took the photo.

My heart hurts for you and your family. May the Lord give you His peace and comfort and grace... When the time is right, finish the plane with your boys and do it in your Dad's honor!! Jerry

Comment

• Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post
                                  One quick question about the Corsair. How easy is it to remove and reinstall the wing for transport? I know it won't go into my vehicle without removing that 63" wing.

Tom
                                  Four screws and 2 ribbon cables get the wing off, and then you can also take the wing apart into halves with just two additional screws of the same size as the four mounting screws without removing any wiring...

Comment

Sorry for your loss. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Comment

So sorry to hear about your loss. When you do get around to getting that A-4 together with your sons, I am sure your Dad will be there with you guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Four screws and 2 ribbon cables get the wing off, and then you can also take the wing apart into halves with just two additional screws of the same size as the four mounting screws without removing any wiring...
                                        Thanks Hardway: Can't be any worse than my TopFlite 60 Corsair.

Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by Hiflyer View Post
                                          I matched the dark blue of the bubble top at HD. Attached is a photo of the label with the formula. The second photo is a match for Intermediate Blue. I needed this as I was repainting mine in the 3-color camo.
                                          The match is near spot on. For airbrush use I thin with Future floor polish. It is a 100% acrylic clear and works beautifully. Doesn’t change the flatness of the paint either.
                                          Hiflyer - A follow-up question on the dark blue paint you used from HD. As I said in posting #929 your color is spot on. How much did you thin, 50/50 or greater? Also, what did you use as thinner? Water or some sort of acrylic solution? - Thanks - Grover54
                                          Last edited by Grover54; Jan 29, 2019, 06:02 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                                          X