X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hiflyer View Post
    Here is the panel that I am using behind my 3D printed instrument panel. The instruments are about the correct size but have to be cut apart to make them line up with the 3D part. I am clear coating the paper print and glue it to the rear of the 3D part. More when it is complete.
    HF, Is this an actual Corsair Instrument panel layout? I ask only bc I'm sending Callie Graphics a 3DP Front Instrument panel so they can add a photo to their inventory that exactly matches the FlightLine 3DP printed panel. I presume they will research this as well, so any of you who have a great, clear, accurate image should post it here for easy access. Best, LB

ps: Your panel looks great, I'm just sayin'.
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

HF, Is this an actual Corsair Instrument panel layout? I ask only bc I'm sending Callie Graphics a 3DP Front Instrument panel so they can add a photo to their inventory that exactly matches the FlightLine 3DP printed panel. I presume they will research this as well, so any of you who have a great, clear, accurate image should post it here for easy access. Best, LB
      Hey LB,

My replacement decal set is out for delivery so as soon as it arrives I’ll scan the panel n post it for ya.

;)

Comment

• Originally posted by karltrek View Post

Mikey. You must be working now. That’s great! Congrats on your new job and I am glad you are not living in your car anymore.

This is the best Corsair model out there in this size. It was an great deal at $399. Sorry there was a price increase. But it’s understandable with the current economic climate. I exspect the others will be raising their prices soon.
        After that post of his that you linked, he has managed to get himself banned so he won't be responding to you here.;)
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• When balancing the CG on the Flightline F4U-1A/1D Corsairs.
          1. Are the wheels up -or- down.
          2. Is the plane right-sideup -or- Upside down

Comment

• Originally posted by Hobbysquawkspitty View Post
            When balancing the CG on the Flightline F4U-1A/1D Corsairs.
            There are as many answers to this question as there are nearly days in the week depending on who you ask but for me I always balance my models right side up, gear down.

Welcome to the Squawk by the way!
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

After that post of his that you linked, he has managed to get himself banned so he won't be responding to you here.;)
              Yeah, everyone has one, no one needs another. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

There are as many answers to this question as there are nearly days in the week depending on who you ask but for me I always balance my models right side up, gear down.

Welcome to the Squawk by the way!

Be careful... as the gear rotates and retracts to the rear. ( Not as critical on this corsair as its very lite) However if you balance with gear down and you are smack dab level on your GC ( no slight nose down) the gear moving rearward "can "... ( its possible) to move the CG too far back.

That being said as long as you are mindful of your CG gear up and down you should be good. ( This situation much less critical on P-51 . P-47 and the likes where the gear moves inward.)

Not to add to the confusion.. I Balance Gear up right side up. And find the happy medium between gear up and down moving the battery to adjust. Warbirds groove a bit better with a bit of nose heavy ( a bit)

Its an interesting Topic for sure as there are many paths to the center.

Always looking for someone else's experience. Hey I may learn something! :-)
                Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• My preference on a low wing aft tucking gear bird like this is to balance it gear up, upside down.
                  That way when the gear are down the cg is slightly forward for landing...
                  Adjust as necessary after that.

Comment

• Ya know, I haven't seen one of these new Corsairs in person. But from the pictures they look really nice, so does an RC Blitzworks in pictures. LOL, yes I know the difference in quality, Just joking around.

But sincerely I believe they were a little under priced. I think the new prices are pretty much expected, and needed. I'm just a customer, (no "Fanboy" here, I'm going to cease using this term as I think it is derogatory, and I mean no one any disrespect) but I think we all would like to see Motion stay in business. I would like that. I don't think it's really any of our business why they increased their prices, we may not like it, but it is their business. So for what ever reason, I hope it helps you guys (Motion RC), and good luck man. Keep the candle burning.

Best Regards
                    Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Hobbysquawkspitty View Post
                      When balancing the CG on the Flightline F4U-1A/1D Corsairs.
                      As Aros has already commented that there is varied opinions regarding this question, I'll kick mine into the ring.
                      There is two facets to this question, high or low wing orientation and aft/forward or lateral retract operations.
                      Since the Corsair is a low wing airframe it should be balanced inverted in order to minimize the pitch sensitivity of weight being above the reference datum(longitudinal axis). High wings are done upright.
                      Because it has aft retracting gear, the gear should be retracted for CG balance.
                      The reason is because if the CG is set with the gear extend it will immediately have tail heavy handling characteristics when the gear is retracted which is not a good thing.
                      When the CG is set with gear up the bird becomes nose heavy when gear is extend for landing but is an easily controllable flight parameter as the engineers designed it to be on the full size.
                      Since the majority of the time that the bird is in the air with gear up, you don't want to be wrestling with a tail heavy airframe.
                      Hope this made sense.;)
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Listen to OV-10!! :-)
                        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Good advice fellas! Can't really go wrong there. For the record I just finished my second sortie with a different sized battery (Roaring Top 6S 5500 70C...The maiden was on the original Admiral 6S 5000 50C), both shoved to the nose as far as it would go to meet with the CG recommended. This Corsair flies beautifully with both batteries, gear up perfectly balanced. Gear down it's slight nose heavy but not too much, perfect for how I like my warbirds. This one is a jewel. If you are straddling the fence still, ya need to jump! You won't regret it.

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	D90D8D2D-E52B-4604-AF97-E6CCE7A6C946.jpeg
Views:	1089
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	174523Click image for larger version

Name:	F82BBE2A-9441-4781-BDF2-5BB92AAFB308.jpeg
Views:	1114
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	174521Click image for larger version

Name:	CC8EEB6E-9729-4F92-B5DC-3BCDE521DDA9.jpeg
Views:	1101
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	174522

Comment

• Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	D90D8D2D-E52B-4604-AF97-E6CCE7A6C946.jpeg
Views:	1089
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	174523Click image for larger version

Name:	F82BBE2A-9441-4781-BDF2-5BB92AAFB308.jpeg
Views:	1114
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	174521Click image for larger version

Name:	CC8EEB6E-9729-4F92-B5DC-3BCDE521DDA9.jpeg
Views:	1101
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	174522
                              Outstanding detail!!!!

Comment

• This was scanned as an 8 x 10... Instrument panel with additional decals to ensure scale is correct.

Name:	184E5428-718F-43C6-BCD9-C9687C8171CB.jpeg
Views:	606
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	174527

Comment

• Probably better off scaling the original instrument panel source down, it’s clearer.

Name:	6BD5C012-665D-4921-BB55-9F03893776AB.jpeg
Views:	836
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	174532

Comment

• I used 3/16 aluminum tube filled with sand n bent, 14 gauge copper wire for the ignition wire harness. 44 1/16 holes had to be drilled to accommodate all the wires.

Everything fit so snug it probably didn’t need the epoxy on the backside...
                                    Not perfect but at 70mph it’ll do.
                                    Sorry, no 3D files here. :)

Click image for larger version  Name:	661AE36C-4722-4582-880D-35A3464172E9.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	150.3 KB ID:	174544Click image for larger version  Name:	E738BE7A-0ACC-4F32-AC1C-FE55AFA8098A.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	128.7 KB ID:	174543Click image for larger version  Name:	45245E88-DF6C-4EFA-8DDE-5E1E21723282.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	114.3 KB ID:	174545 Click image for larger version  Name:	CA349BCD-A52F-4730-A5DE-C9DBA390BB90.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	136.6 KB ID:	174547
                                    Attached Files

Comment

PW Pictures.
                                      O-T, Keep killin' me. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

I used 3/16 aluminum tube filled with sand n bent, 14 gauge copper wire for the ignition wire harness. 44 1/16 holes had to be drilled to accommodate all the wires. Everything fit so snug it probably didn’t need the epoxy on the backside...Not perfect but at 70mph it’ll do. Sorry, no 3D files here. :)
                                        Nicely done!! Ah man, I did something similar for my ESM Corsair but now you have me thinking I will be doing the same to this one! Nowhere near technically accurate but like you say, at 70mph it will do! LOL

Click image for larger version  Name:	radial20.jpg Views:	1 Size:	166.1 KB ID:	174550
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

O-T, Keep killin' me. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                                          LB, This was strictly to help eliminate those counter weights in the cowl. Really... :Smug: :corsair :)

Comment

Working...
                                          X