Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W714172481-F4U Corsair Main Wheel (White)

W714172481 Tigercat Main Wheel (Navy Blue)

:Cool: So your question was "
    So I want to ask the tech guys can I put these on my Tigercat? If so, will I need to change out axils?"

So Charlie's answer was correct. YES they fit the Tigercat and NO you do not need to change out axles...

Hope this helps clear up the confusion. Everyone here tries to help...

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
      He qualified his "answer" with a link that provided the "answer". In that link, George stated that:

One has to note that you did NOT state whether you had a FL Tigercat or an FMS Tigercat but it doesn't matter, George covered that anyway.

He also stated that:

Here was your question:

So ........................ "these", meaning the FL Corsair wheels? My "Tigercat" ----- what Tigercat do you have? You didn't say, but doesn't matter. George already told you that the FL planes axles are 5.1mm and that the FMS axles are 4.95mm. Since you know which Tigercat you have, you know what the axle size is and since you have been told that the FL Corsair wheels fit on the FL Tigercat axles because they are the same, deductive reasoning should tell you that IF you have the FMS Tigercat (with the smaller axles), the FL Corsair tires will fit loose. BUT, if you have the FL Tigercat (which you still haven't told us if you have), it's a direct fit.
      I don't see why George didn't describe your question. And because a link was provided, then "yes and no" IS an answer because you did not qualify the specifics in your question (that being, which Tigercat you have). If you have one brand of TC, the answer is YES. If you have the other brand of TC, the answer is NO. He answered you question pretty well given the lack of some critical information.
      I stand corrected my apologies, didn’t see the link. The Corsair wheels feel much softer then the wheels on the FL Tigercat. By the way I usually don’t go on a Vendor’s website to talk about competitors products. Yes I know this is suppose to be an open site but it doesn’t seem right to me, that why I didn’t bother to identify which brand of Tigercat I was talking about.
      Thank you for the information

Ken

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
        W714172481-F4U Corsair Main Wheel (White)

W714172481 Tigercat Main Wheel (Navy Blue)

:Cool: So your question was "
        So I want to ask the tech guys can I put these on my Tigercat? If so, will I need to change out axils?"

So Charlie's answer was correct. YES they fit the Tigercat and NO you do not need to change out axles...

Hope this helps clear up the confusion. Everyone here tries to help...
        Yes I was wrong not having a good morning. I looked at both wheels but the Corsair wheels look and feel softer the the wheels on the FL Tigercat UPGRADED main landing gear. Plus wasn’t sure if those were the wheels that Tired Iron was talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken Smith View Post

Yes I was wrong not having a good morning. I looked at both wheels but the Corsair wheels look and feel softer the the wheels on the FL Tigercat UPGRADED main landing gear. Plus wasn’t sure if those were the wheels that Tired Iron was talking about.
          Sorry about your day!!! It is all good here. I just wanted to give you actual part numbers instead of just a written answer with nothing to back it up!!! Have a better rest of the day and a blessed week!!! :Cool: Jerry

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
            I've had several questions about what wheels will fit on the F4U so I put this together...

I usually keep a set of 2.75" through 4" Robart Diamond thread on hand I like them so much :o

To recap, the Flightline Corsair and Tigercat have 5.1mm axles and the only difference between their wheels is the color (blue and white).

The FMS Tigercat Wheels are actually a little smaller that the Flightline wheels and the FMS axle is only 4.95mm.
            Stock Flightline wheel is 3.375"
            Stock FMS TC wheel is 3.25"

The Robart 3.5" wheel will fit but the axle will need to be shortened and new flat cut in it.
            The Robart 3.75"wheel will also need the axle mod and may require some reworking of the gear door servo linkage.

The Flightline wheels weigh 28g
            The FMS TC wheels weigh 30g
            The Robart wheels weigh 74g

I think the 3.5" Robart is the sweet spot for this plane and even though it is much heavier it still has good cushion. The added weight doesn't bother be as I like the feel of it with the heavier Admiral Carbon 5100 much better.

Click image for larger version Name:	Tires01.jpg Views:	2 Size:	112.0 KB ID:	167658

Click image for larger version Name:	Tires02.jpg Views:	2 Size:	132.6 KB ID:	167657

Click image for larger version Name:	Tires03.jpg Views:	1 Size:	139.4 KB ID:	167661

Click image for larger version Name:	Tires04.jpg Views:	1 Size:	129.4 KB ID:	167659

Click image for larger version Name:	Tires05.jpg Views:	1 Size:	128.4 KB ID:	167660

Click image for larger version Name:	Tires06.jpg Views:	1 Size:	226.4 KB ID:	167662
            Great detail TI, Thanks! That Robart 3.5" wheel looks so much nicer too! This may be a dumb question but I assume if we go with your recommendation for the Robart 3.5" wheel it will fit nicely in the wheel well or is some mod required?

Comment

I stand corrected my apologies, didn’t see the link. The Corsair wheels feel much softer then the wheels on the FL Tigercat. By the way I usually don’t go on a Vendor’s website to talk about competitors products. Yes I know this is suppose to be an open site but it doesn’t seem right to me, that why I didn’t bother to identify which brand of Tigercat I was talking about.
              Thank you for the information

Ken
              Understood and realize that everyone can have a "bad" morning.
              Although this site is owned and run by Motion RC, they freely allow discussion of products that are not sold by them. In fact, there are threads on both the Flightline and FMS Tigercats. Both are equally well received by Motion. Unlike RC Groups, where vendor reps get very "uppity" and obnoxious whenever a poster says something negative about their products or service (eg, HobbyKing), Motion takes it in stride and act in a dignified and diplomatic fashion, although I am quite surprised when an RC Group type of malcontent comes here, that they aren't slam dunked into the next galaxy where they belong.

Comment

I asked a specific question to a specific group of people and I would appreciate if those people would respond back to me. As far as George goes, no disrespect to him, he didn’t and has not described my question. By the way, yes and no isn’t an answer.

ken
                Ken Smith - Welcome to HSquawk. Don't worry, I stepped on my D*%K too early on and the guys here we're all forgiving. The key is to keep it real. I'm a member of several forums and as XViper points out many of those other forums have a tendency to let users develop bad habits. HSquawk is VERY different. You actually get a lot of good solid information and recommendations and if something or someone is mistaken about a subject most members check their arrogance and sarcasm at the door and address things professionally. I found this very refreshing which is why I now spend more time here than any other forum. Welcome again and good luck!

Comment

• How about this pic for a color reference? I thought it was pretty nice!! My Warbird Pilots' life vest is WAY too bright yellow... :-)

Comment

• And a black & white pic, but great reference for weathering....

Comment

• Cockpit details....

Comment

And a black & white pic, but great reference for weathering....
                        This subject is very interesting and brings up an observation. I don't recall ever seeing a Corsair, Mustang or any Warbird factory fresh. Even photos of planes that were recently deployed / delivered by those beautiful WASPs looked weathered. Wonder what it was like to get a factory fresh plane with that "new" smell? LOL

Comment

Cockpit details....
                          H, this going in your Flightline? I must say it is much nicer than the 3DP set. I want one. :( Best, LB
                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• No!!! It would be nice... Just a static model pic from the interweb… It is a nice job though!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post

Ken Smith - Welcome to HSquawk. Don't worry, I stepped on my D*%K too early on and the guys here we're all forgiving. The key is to keep it real. I'm a member of several forums and as XViper points out many of those other forums have a tendency to let users develop bad habits. HSquawk is VERY different. You actually get a lot of good solid information and recommendations and if something or someone is mistaken about a subject most members check their arrogance and sarcasm at the door and address things professionally. I found this very refreshing which is why I now spend more time here than any other forum. Welcome again and good luck!
                              Grover, you made me laugh!!! Ken, it is all good Bro. Glad you both are here!!! LOL

Comment

• I got my Corsair this weekend and got to start working on it. I am painting it in the three color scheme and have decals on the way from Calie Graphics for the plane of Ira Cassius Kepford of VF-17. I got most of the plane painted up and am now working on getting the 3d printed cockpit parts installed. I am having to a bit of modifications to get them to fit. One thing that is bugging me is the two cockpit pieces on the sides extend above the foam and the back side can be seen through the canopy. I was thinking I would have to mod the canopy a bit in order to hide this. Anyone else have this issue?
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	f4u corsair1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	130.4 KB ID:	173623Click image for larger version  Name:	f4u corsair 2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	79.7 KB ID:	173622Click image for larger version  Name:	f4u cocpit3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	91.7 KB ID:	173621Click image for larger version  Name:	f4u cocpit2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	94.8 KB ID:	173620Click image for larger version  Name:	f4u cocpit.jpg Views:	1 Size:	85.2 KB ID:	173619

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post

Great detail TI, Thanks! That Robart 3.5" wheel looks so much nicer too! This may be a dumb question but I assume if we go with your recommendation for the Robart 3.5" wheel it will fit nicely in the wheel well or is some mod required?
                                  Fits perfectly :Cool:
                                  TiredIron Aviation
                                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim K View Post
                                    I got my Corsair this weekend and got to start working on it. I am painting it in the three color scheme and have decals on the way from Calie Graphics for the plane of Ira Cassius Kepford of VF-17. I got most of the plane painted up and am now working on getting the 3d printed cockpit parts installed. I am having to a bit of modifications to get them to fit. One thing that is bugging me is the two cockpit pieces on the sides extend above the foam and the back side can be seen through the canopy. I was thinking I would have to mod the canopy a bit in order to hide this. Anyone else have this issue?
                                    Click image for larger version Name:	f4u corsair1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	130.4 KB ID:	173623Click image for larger version Name:	f4u corsair 2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	79.7 KB ID:	173622Click image for larger version Name:	f4u cocpit3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	91.7 KB ID:	173621Click image for larger version Name:	f4u cocpit2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	94.8 KB ID:	173620Click image for larger version Name:	f4u cocpit.jpg Views:	1 Size:	85.2 KB ID:	173619
                                    Tim K - Nice work there cowboy! Looks like you didn't have any issues removing the canopy. How did you do it? What tools and release agent did you use? Thanks!

Comment

Grover, you made me laugh!!! Ken, it is all good Bro. Glad you both are here!!! LOL
                                      G54, What HW said. LMAO. And Ken, Grover gives sage advice. ;) Love all these Guys. Best, LB
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Fits perfectly :Cool:
                                        TI - Great! I just ordered a pair from MRC and should get them about the time my Bubbletop arrives. :Cool: BTW - In terms of weight, the Robart wheels are 2.64X heavier (74g) as compared to the FL Corsair stock wheels (28g). In your opinion, could the weight increase contribute to potential problems with the retracts? I'd be interested to know what the specs call for along w/ the tested cycles. Hope they can handle the load increase w/o any long term ill effects but at some point I'm sure the increase load over normal cycles may require a beefier retract? What say you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim K View Post
                                          I got my Corsair this weekend and got to start working on it. I am painting it in the three color scheme and have decals on the way from Callie Graphics for the plane of Ira Cassius Kepford of VF-17. I got most of the plane painted up and am now working on getting the 3d printed cockpit parts installed. I am having to a bit of modification to get them to fit. One thing that is bugging me is the two cockpit pieces on the sides extend above the foam and the back side can be seen through the canopy. I was thinking I would have to mod the canopy a bit in order to hide this. Anyone else having this issue?
                                          TK, I like the Tri-Color, big time. As for your cockpit, it looks like you've already added some extra material to the cockpit sides to increase the height, so does the portion of the canopy that's OEM painted NOT cover the exposed 3DP cockpit panel and any material you have added? Am I seeing this correctly? Best, LB
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X