X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post

Ok, Tim K and the guys.....excuse me if this has already been covered but I can't find the details. It sounds like all these beautiful detailed cockpits are produced by a 3D printer? I'm not ready to invest in that or start eating Top Ramen like HardwayLOLLOLLOL My question is where do you get the image or file to print 1:8 scale and where do you go to use a 3D printer? Kinko's? UPS? or should I just wait until Hardway gets his 3D printer in February and pay him to do it for me? LOL;)
    I have a 3d printer so I downloaded them from Motion and printed them myself. Wasn't MotionRC selling the 3d printed parts for some of the planes?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post
      Technically the red, green, amber lights were the recognition lights located only on the bottom right wing. The "Formation" lights, on the wing, were amber and located on the tops of both wings.
      Beeg. What reference sheets are you using? I would like to have access to those for my build, sir. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Beeg. What reference sheets are you using? I would like to have access to those for my build, sir. Best, LB
        LB, Check your PM's.

Comment

• Tim K nice work! I to am doing the tri color version. I got the Callie graphics for “Marines Dream”. I’m still working on the weathering and then will do the cockpit. By the was, the easiest way to remove the canopy without damage is to squirt a little lighter fluid (naphtha) around the edge and wait about 30 seconds. It softens the glue for easy removal and does not damage either the plastic or the paint.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim K View Post

I have a 3d printer so I downloaded them from Motion and printed them myself. Wasn't MotionRC selling the 3d printed parts for some of the planes?
            Downloaded them from Motion? What and Where?

Comment

• [QUOTE=Beeg;n173732]

Yes. Technically the the red, green, amber lights were the recognition lights located only on the bottom right wing. The "Formation" lights, on the wing, were amber and located on the tops of both wings.

Good morning guys!!! You are both right... I said "formation lights" and I know better. I have the recognition lights on the bottom rear fuselage of my giant B-17, and her formation lights are blue and on top of the horizontal stab and vertical spine... Good documentation!!! :Cool: I was really preoccupied with that brisket and everyone was waiting on me to get it sliced up for supper!!

Comment

Downloaded them from Motion? What and Where?
                Go to the product page for this plane, then click on "support". There, you will find a link that will download the "STL" files directly to your computer.
                FlightLine F4U-1D Corsair "Bubble Top" 1600mm (63") Wingspan - PNP - FLW3041P The F4U Corsair was a carrier-based and land-based aircraft developed during WWII. Its unique inverted sea-gull wing is its distinctive feature, as well as its maneuverability and versatility to operate in many areas. Its powerful engine, pro

Comment

• [QUOTE=Hardway;n173760]
                  Originally posted by Beeg View Post

Yes. Technically the the red, green, amber lights were the recognition lights located only on the bottom right wing. The "Formation" lights, on the wing, were amber and located on the tops of both wings.

Good morning guys!!! You are both right... I said "formation lights" and I know better. I have the recognition lights on the bottom rear fuselage of my giant B-17, and her formation lights are blue and on top of the horizontal stab and vertical spine... Good documentation!!! :Cool: I was really preoccupied with that brisket and everyone was waiting on me to get it sliced up for supper!!
                  Man I know how important brisket is. Even though I was born in Virginia, grew up in central Washington, I moved to Texas as fast as I could 35 years ago! Figured you'd be a little busy.. :Cool:

Comment

• Thanks everyone for the info on the lights. Wonder why the decal set came with two red, one green and a larger white instead of red/green/amber. Certainly won't see them in the air anyway.

We have a full scale P-51 here that has Red/White/Amber lights under it's right outer wing.

Comment

• Follow-up question on the Cockpit. I see that everyone is using Model Master's "Green Zink Chromate" as a base but in terms of exterior paint, is it published somewhere (regardless of Mfg.) the correct colors and paint to use when touching-up your warbird? I've seen some paints and coverings listed in user's manuals before but the FlightLine manual doesn't have anything listed. I'm interested specifically in the dark blue for the Bubbletop. Anyone know the color name?

Comment

Follow-up question on the Cockpit. I see that everyone is using Model Master's "Green Zink Chromate" as a base but in terms of exterior paint, is it published somewhere (regardless of Mfg.) the correct colors and paint to use when touching-up your warbird? I've seen some paints and coverings listed in user's manuals before but the FlightLine manual doesn't have anything listed. I'm interested specifically in the dark blue for the Bubbletop. Anyone know the color name?
                        FLRC typically uses a custom color based on scale, scale chroma and resistance to "gatoring". It's up to us to either match it with something from one of the big box stores or sort through a bunch of factory model paints till someone posts what works closest. I usually have something matched from Home Depot or Lowes with a good exterior house paint from Behr products usually.

Ask TI. He may have already got something mixed from one of the big box stores...

Comment

Follow-up question on the Cockpit. I see that everyone is using Model Master's "Green Zink Chromate" as a base but in terms of exterior paint, is it published somewhere (regardless of Mfg.) the correct colors and paint to use when touching-up your warbird? I've seen some paints and coverings listed in user's manuals before but the FlightLine manual doesn't have anything listed. I'm interested specifically in the dark blue for the Bubbletop. Anyone know the color name?
                          In all the foam ARF's that I've owned, there has never been any color listings published in the manuals including FlightLine and Freewing.
                          Awhile back it was requested that this be documented or at least some touch up paint provided and with both cases it was a no go for several technical reason which is now the reason almost all modelers as a matter of SOP do paint matching scans at Lowes/H-D.
                          Even when someone does get "their" model scanned and posts the color code, the probability of an exact match to yours is a variable.
                          This is because the mix of colors at the factory is batched and every batch can/will have a slight variance with sheen/hue which is one of the technical reason reasons for not providing color details.
                          Hope this helps motivate you to just go invest in the approx. $4 - 7ish ounce sample from a scan of your models exterior surface. ;)
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I matched the dark blue of the bubble top at HD. Attached is a photo of the label with the formula. The second photo is a match for Intermediate Blue. I needed this as I was repainting mine in the 3-color camo.
                            The match is near spot on. For airbrush use I thin with Future floor polish. It is a 100% acrylic clear and works beautifully. Doesn’t change the flatness of the paint either.

Comment

• Thanks guys. I have done the HD and Lowes path and most seemed ok but I was hoping to find some official listing. I do know you sometimes need to have HD do a match a couple times to get it right. Thanks for your inputs

Comment

Thanks guys. I have done the HD and Lowes path and most seemed ok but I was hoping to find some official listing. I do know you sometimes need to have HD do a match a couple times to get it right. Thanks for your inputs
                                Hey Grover...Here's my previous post with the FS numbers attached (both two tone and tri color)! https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...792#post166792

And again, here's the Model Master acrylic interior green, FS# 34151 (As opposed to straight zinc chromate) Rob

Comment

• The Eagle landed on my porch today. Preliminary look (on my break of course, lol), wow she's a beauty!! One of those models you have to see in person to appreciate the scale details and quality.

:Cool:
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                    The Eagle landed on my porch today. Preliminary look (on my break of course, lol), wow she's a beauty!! One of those models you have to see in person to appreciate the scale details and quality.

:Cool:
                                    Yep, mine didn't show up till late last night. Had to intercept the UPS driver and make a bee line to the barn before the wife caught site of it. I spent my model allowance on a 6.4meter glass sailplane last month...;)

Comment

• Thanks!!!!!

Comment

• Gettin' mine tomorrow. Think I'm gonna try the Skyboss graphics from Callie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post
                                          I spent my model allowance on a 6.4meter glass sailplane last month...;)
                                          No kidding that's more than some peoples' mortgage payment. You gonna electrify it or pull that ASH 31 up with your Corsair? :)

Comment

Working...
                                          X