X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken Smith View Post
    Not to steal anyone’s thunder but you need to switch between RCGroups and this thread, too lazy to double post, plus others are posting weathering ideas there. There is a great write up on the quality of the plane.
    https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ingspan/page24
    RC Groups does have some good information from time to time, but after thousands of posts and many years there, I will NEVER go back there to post anything. Generally speaking, RCG harbors an inordinate number of extremely unpleasant individuals who think they are the gods of RCG and the "fanbois" there are ignorant and obtrusive and confrontational. So for me, no, there is no need to go there on this topic in any way, shape or form.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
      I originally posed this question and apparently, the FMS 1700mm Corsair prop will go right on this Corsair. However, I believe it was later posted by TI that he had a couple of mid-air prop explosions with it. I'm at a loss as to why this would happen. I'm flying the FMS plane with a 360kv motor and the prop has been working very well for many, many flights. The FL Corsair's motor spins at only 340kv, so it's not subjecting the prop to any more forces than the FMS.
      I have had those props to explode in the past, not on this bird.
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I have had those props to explode in the past, not on this bird.
        Good to know. Were you aware that there were 2 different issues of the blades for the FMS 1700mm Corsair? In the beginning of the plane's life, FMS were selling blades that didn't quite fit the hub. Something about the little dimples being in the wrong place or being the wrong size or shape. This prevented the 2 halves of the blade holder from coming together flush and early adopters had to screw the halves together really tight. This caused stress fractures which made the whole assembly weak and tended to come apart at speed. It was later discovered and FMS issued the correct blades. A comparison clearly showed the difference between the roots of the 2 blades. Maybe it was those blades that you had. I had a set of those but I never used them since I saw the post and pictures first.

Comment

• Man this is such a perfect canvas for weathering! I am so excited to see everyone's talents on display!
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I have been asked about the paint mask I have been using and posting about so here so info on it.
            I buy the Friske at Hobby Lobby, download their app to your phone then get the weekly coupon that will save you 40% off list which is about $16.00 a bottle. After you open it be sure to reseal it with plastic wrap, it will dry out if not careful. You should be able to about 10 planes or more per bottle.

It dries quickly, I use an old brush and keep a bowl of water to dip the brush it so it will not dry out. After I dip the brush, I dry pat it with a paper towel. It will run very little if at all. It is harmless so you can use it to mask paint also. To remove it, just peel or rub it off, is like a thin rubbery film.

If you have an airbrush and you haven’t seen or not using Vallejo model air paints and other products you are missing out. I buy mine at Scale Hobbies. Here is their complete catalog in PDF https://acrylicosvallejo.com/wp-cont..._2019-Baja.pdf

I hope this will answer your questions

Be safe

Ken

Comment

• Hey Y'all, Not certain if this Color Chart has already been posted. It is from CyberModeler https://www.cybermodeler.com/aircraft/f4u/f4u_profile02.shtml and cross-references popular model paints including "Faded" colors with ASA #s. I have used it with some success. Best, LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                Hey Y'all, Not certain if this Color Chart has already been posted. It is from CyberModeler https://www.cybermodeler.com/aircraft/f4u/f4u_profile02.shtml and cross-references popular model paints including "Faded" colors with ASA #s. I have used it with some success. Best, LB
                Great link! Thanks my friend!
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Good to know. Were you aware that there were 2 different issues of the blades for the FMS 1700mm Corsair? In the beginning of the plane's life, FMS were selling blades that didn't quite fit the hub. Something about the little dimples being in the wrong place or being the wrong size or shape. This prevented the 2 halves of the blade holder from coming together flush and early adopters had to screw the halves together really tight. This caused stress fractures which made the whole assembly weak and tended to come apart at speed. It was later discovered and FMS issued the correct blades. A comparison clearly showed the difference between the roots of the 2 blades. Maybe it was those blades that you had. I had a set of those but I never used them since I saw the post and pictures first.
                  I am reading this as the FMS 1700 Corsair prop should be good to go. .....While being watchful of the condition explained above. ! :-)

Thanks everyone!
                  Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post

I am reading this as the FMS 1700 Corsair prop should be good to go. .....While being watchful of the condition explained above. ! :-)

Thanks everyone!
                    I have another FMS prop on the way for this Corsair. I doubt I will even bother with the stock 3-blader.

Comment

I have another FMS prop on the way for this Corsair. I doubt I will even bother with the stock 3-blader.
                      yea... I have the Birdcage. so the three blade is in order! I was thinking if I do something irresponsible and order the other one! :-)
                      Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

yea... I have the Birdcage. so the three blade is in order! I was thinking if I do something irresponsible and order the other one! :-)
                        Quite frankly, the people I fly with (and myself included) wouldn't know the difference between the "birdcage" and the "bubble", which I have. Having a 4-blade on either one wouldn't make anybody lift an eyebrow. I'm remembering back in the days of the first RC Corsairs came with 2-blade props.

Comment

Quite frankly, the people I fly with (and myself included) wouldn't know the difference between the "birdcage" and the "bubble", which I have. Having a 4-blade on either one wouldn't make anybody lift an eyebrow. I'm remembering back in the days of the first RC Corsairs came with 2-blade props.
                          I hear ya brother! My H9 60cc has a 2 bladed LOL.... Buddy of mine just ordered the CARF corsair, will be using a Moki 250 truing a Scale 3 Blade! AWESOME... However that's an FFM. ( Five Figure Model) ..... REALLY happy with my Flight Line corsair! :Cool:

Comment

• Some have said the wheel are too small to be scale, maybe so but they are perfect for my grass field, wide and soft. I need the softness & width to roll over the clumpy grass I have in TX. So I want to ask the tech guys can I put these on my Tigercat? If so, will I need to change out axils?

Ken

Comment

Some have said the wheel are too small to be scale, maybe so but they are perfect for my grass field, wide and soft. I need the softness & width to roll over the clumpy grass I have in TX. So I want to ask the tech guys can I put these on my Tigercat? If so, will I need to change out axils?

Ken
                              Short answer is Yes and No.
                              Ken, FYI........this forum has a good search engine. Using the word wheel would find you a really comprehensive result like Georges(Tired Iron) ;)
                              https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...656#post167656
                              Warbird Charlie
                              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I hear ya brother! My H9 60cc has a 2 bladed LOL.... Buddy of mine just ordered the CARF corsair, will be using a Moki 250 truing a Scale 3 Blade! AWESOME... However that's an FFM. ( Five Figure Model) ..... REALLY happy with my Flight Line corsair! :Cool:
                                Yes and a bit above my pay grade! :(

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Short answer is Yes and No.
                                  Ken, FYI........this forum has a good search engine. Using the word wheel would find you a really comprehensive result like Georges(Tired Iron) ;)
                                  https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...656#post167656
                                  I asked a specific question to a specific group of people and I would appreciate if those people would respond back to me. As far as George goes, no disrespect to him, he didn’t and has not described my question. By the way, yes and no isn’t an answer.

ken

Comment

• YEA!!!!!!! Just heard from Motion..... my Bubbletop SHIPPED! Life is good!

Comment

I asked a specific question to a specific group of people and I would appreciate if those people would respond back to me. As far as George goes, no disrespect to him, he didn’t and has not described my question. By the way, yes and no isn’t an answer.

ken
                                      He qualified his "answer" with a link that provided the "answer". In that link, George stated that:
                                      To recap, the Flightline Corsair and Tigercat have 5.1mm axles and the only difference between their wheels is the color (blue and white).
                                      The FMS Tigercat Wheels are actually a little smaller that the Flightline wheels and the FMS axle is only 4.95mm.
                                      One has to note that you did NOT state whether you had a FL Tigercat or an FMS Tigercat but it doesn't matter, George covered that anyway.

He also stated that:
                                      Stock Flightline wheel is 3.375"
                                      Stock FMS TC wheel is 3.25"
                                      Here was your question:
                                      So I want to ask the tech guys can I put these on my Tigercat? If so, will I need to change out axils?
                                      So ........................ "these", meaning the FL Corsair wheels? My "Tigercat" ----- what Tigercat do you have? You didn't say, but doesn't matter. George already told you that the FL planes axles are 5.1mm and that the FMS axles are 4.95mm. Since you know which Tigercat you have, you know what the axle size is and since you have been told that the FL Corsair wheels fit on the FL Tigercat axles because they are the same, deductive reasoning should tell you that IF you have the FMS Tigercat (with the smaller axles), the FL Corsair tires will fit loose. BUT, if you have the FL Tigercat (which you still haven't told us if you have), it's a direct fit.
                                      I don't see why George didn't describe your question. And because a link was provided, then "yes and no" IS an answer because you did not qualify the specifics in your question (that being, which Tigercat you have). If you have one brand of TC, the answer is YES. If you have the other brand of TC, the answer is NO. He answered you question pretty well given the lack of some critical information.

Comment

• What xviper said...…

Comment

• Both wheels are the same, except for color and the differentiation of the postfix of F4U...
                                          https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...xle-w714172481
                                          https://www.motionrc.com/products/fl...air-main-wheel

Comment

Working...
                                          X