X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
    Guys trust us, if we didn't have to raise the prices we wouldn't. It sucks. However it has to do with tariffs, licensing and other fees that force our hand. Profit margins are already very slim (we like to say we didn't get in this business to get rich but for the passion and love of the hobby). It's a sad fact of the current business climate, China and dealing with licensing contracts among many other factors. Perhaps others can comment more on the matter but that's the quick synopsis.
    As unpleasant as any price increase is your explanation is reasonable considering the current business climate between US and China. Your transparency is appreciated. - Grover54

Comment

• So why not have that price from the get go??

Comment

• Originally posted by Md_cobra View Post
        So why not have that price from the get go??
        Reward for preordering ;)
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I bought an 89 mustang got from a friend first said he wanted 2k. I went to the bank got the money came back and he was like oh I changed my mind. I want 2200.00. I bought the car but we never hung out or spoke since.

Comment

Guys trust us, if we didn't have to raise the prices we wouldn't. It sucks. However it has to do with tariffs, licensing and other fees that force our hand. Profit margins are already very slim (we like to say we didn't get in this business to get rich but for the passion and love of the hobby). It's a sad fact of the current business climate, China and dealing with licensing contracts among many other factors. Perhaps others can comment more on the matter but that's the quick synopsis.

I thought the tariffs kicked in in September. Why did it go up mid run of the plane in January?

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Not everyone can make a big purchase for themselves during the holiday season! I guess it’s a reward for being selfish. Seriously tho could have put it in writing! I

Introductory price of 399.00 for pre-ordering!

See not hard yet informative.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Aros.MotionRC;n174376](Not purposely trying to change the subject but...)

Maiden Success! :Cool:

Took her to the school track after work. The usual nerves prevailed until she left the ground and then it was just FUN FUN FUN from then on! As great as this plane looks with the quality, she flies every bit the part as well. So well behaved with plenty of power to do any of the usual warbird aerobatics. The large prop sounds sweet! After some trimming (primarily due to the camera on my port wing tip) I felt like this was my 50th flight with her, not the maiden. Rolls, inverted, all so simple and effortless. After 6 or 7 patterns or so I dropped the gear, and full flaps on the approach...She just sunk down so easily with a perfect greaser. Even without flaps man the takeoff roll was like 15 feet if that!

Unfortunately my RunCam2 didn't survive the F-22 meeting a light pole last weekend so I had to use my old Keychain Cam #16. The HD isn't as sharp and crisp but better than nothing I suppose. After she landed I was grinning from ear-to-ear like a little kid. Probably what I love the best about this hobby. No matter your age, it makes you feel like a kid on Christmas morning all over again, and again, and again.

Wow! Very cool maiden!!! The pilot was a cool customer...never even moved a muscle.... even when inverted. And he went by those light poles like they weren't even there!!!LOL I was having flashbacks!:Scared::Scared:LOL

Comment

Gotta disagree with ya on that bud because there was never a "preorder" price incentive mentioned liked there was with the A-10 and this one was one of those that was on the across the board 15-20% hike on 8 of the 9 FL warbirds. ;)
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Gotta disagree with ya on that bud because there was never a "preorder" price incentive mentioned liked there was with the A-10 and this one was one of those that was on the across the board 15-20% hike on 8 of the 9 FL warbirds. ;)
                    Oh I know I was just kidding... but can you tell me when they've had a price increase?
                    TiredIron Aviation
                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

The extra fees of selling a product should have been planned for during the development phases of this product. Easily done by looking at other product that are sold. This isn’t their first plane to sell. This is a piss poor excuse of an after thought.

I will say congratulations on the maiden.

Comment

I bought an 89 mustang got from a friend first said he wanted 2k. I went to the bank got the money came back and he was like oh I changed my mind. I want 2200.00. I bought the car but we never hung out or spoke since.
                        And what does that have to do with trade wars with China?LOLGo check out HK prices for inferior products. I'd really rather listen to Aros and others about their enjoyment of the Corsair than complaining about price hikes out of their control. There are other forums for being negative right?:Cool:

Comment

• OK all you sports fans...…. Just spent a couple minutes on a preliminary unboxing of my new FL Bubbletop and let me tell you - MRC and FlightLine hit the skin off the ball on this bird! All the pictures I've seen were sooo good I had to wait and see it myself to believe it. Make NO MISSTAKE - this baby far exceeded my expectations. 1. There is virtually NO texture or "gator effect" on this bird. 2. The color is true and consistent across all the surfaces and the cockpit is more detailed than expected. 3. The detail and scale is unbelievable I'm SO pleased and I thank MRC and FlightLine for investing in the quality of this design. Now, use this standard on your future Warbird products.

Comment

• Hello all I just purchased the birdcage version I have an important question, I have many 3s 2200 lipos and this is my first big 6s warbird! Can I buy a series adapter and just use 2 of my aforementioned 3s lipos in series? And would this equal 4400mah and would this be enough mah?

Comment

Oh I know I was just kidding... but can you tell me when they've had a price increase?
                              increase or INCREASE :Scared: The last sizeable increase like this was about two years ago when FMS started the big rate hikes and it come back to bite them.
                              One example that I was pretty vocal about was this............the FMS 1400 P-40B that came out @ $349 when the equiv hardware appointed FW Stang was sitting at $289.
                              FMS then increase the price to $399. Sales predictably plummeted and pricing was readjusted and ended up where it is at today @ $329.
                              The FW 1410 Mustang now sits $309. So yes, there has been "reasonable" price increases by FW over the past two years as well as by others too.;)
                              These increases today are just a little bit of a shocker to me especially since I'm in the rebuild phase and you know that I roll pretty good with the punches but..............
                              You should know better than to ask an old corporate purchasing/contracts manager pricing questions LOL

OK guys.......I'm off the pricing soap box so back to the thread subject and to those that have this nice bird in hand.........ENJOY
                              Warbird Charlie
                              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

And what does that have to do with trade wars with China?LOLGo check out HK prices for inferior products. I'd really rather listen to Aros and others about their enjoyment of the Corsair than complaining about price hikes out of their control. There are other forums for being negative right?:Cool:
                                I’m really trying to not be a troll here. I think the plane is awesome and would love to have one but I was looking forward to ordering it at the original price. Going over 400 bucks for a foam plane seems ridiculous.

Comment

I’m really trying to not be a troll here. I think the plane is awesome and would love to have one but I was looking forward to ordering it at the original price. Going over 400 bucks for a foam plane seems ridiculous.
                                  Guys - let me tell you, I too am frustrated that the additional tariffs and costs added are to balance the offsets between China and US but you have no idea what "Boeing, Bombardier, Embraer" goes through to stay competitive. We're pissing up a rope over $60 when "THEY" have to integrate $1.2M in offsets per plane so let's go for quality and avoid stepping over a dollar to pick up a nickel. - Grover54

Comment

• Originally posted by sethscorsair View Post
                                    Hello all I just purchased the birdcage version I have an important question, I have many 3s 2200 lipos and this is my first big 6s warbird! Can I buy a series adapter and just use 2 of my aforementioned 3s lipos in series? And would this equal 4400mah and would this be enough mah?
                                    Hello Seth and welcome aboard.

You would need 4 3s 2200’s to achieve one 6s 4400.
                                    Two parallel sets of 2 batteries in series.
                                    Not exactly the best way to get into a 6s warbird but it is doable.
                                    Id spring for an actual 6s 5500 or bigger. I fly em on 6s 8000mAh.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2EE63DB7-3570-4BB3-9513-0A57D8CFCBE6.jpeg
Views:	716
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	174419

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post
                                      OK all you sports fans...…. Just spent a couple minutes on a preliminary unboxing of my new FL Bubbletop and let me tell you - MRC and FlightLine hit the skin off the ball on this bird! All the pictures I've seen were sooo good I had to wait and see it myself to believe it. Make NO MISSTAKE - this baby far exceeded my expectations. 1. There is virtually NO texture or "gator effect" on this bird. 2. The color is true and consistent across all the surfaces and the cockpit is more detailed than expected. 3. The detail and scale is unbelievable I'm SO pleased and I thank MRC and FlightLine for investing in the quality of this design. Now, use this standard on your future Warbird products.
                                      Glad you like and you can guarantee future warbirds will continue this New Gen quality and more as technology continues to advance! As a point of comparison I bought Hobby King's B-17 1875mm V2 because I loved the V1 years ago (flies like a big *****cat with great presence). I know I shouldn't compare the HK B-17 V2 to this Corsair (or our other New Gen product) but years later, released as a V2 I was expecting generally better tech/quality but the gatoring is so bad on the right wing I can't believe it passed QC and I heard all that really changed between the V1 and V2 was a different motor kV. Other than the paneling effect, the mold looks identical. Point is, you would expect the quality and tech to improve from V1 to V2 in that many years that have passed but that is not the case. So I was reminded that indeed you get what you pay for.

My YouTube RC videos:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Then don't buy it dude and stop complaining. If you want to give a dance, you gotta pay the band and you don't walk out on the stage between sets and complain about how much the band charges. That's all I'm gonna say.....sorry.

Comment

• I was going to buy one and had the $400 but sorry Motion you blew the sale for me upping the price. Also not cool that people got it for $399 and that you knew about all the tariffs and etc etc , Guess I will go somewhere else and buy a plane. I reallly dont think its any of those things, cause FMS hasnt gone up or planes from HH.. I think Motion is just getting greedy . Motion isnt Motion like they used to be.
                                          :Angry::Loser:

Comment

Working...
                                          X