Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys, I don’t own nor do I have access to a 3-D printer. Is there anyone who would be willing to print up an interior set for me? I would certainly be willing to cover any expenses incurred.
    If you have any interest, please “PM” me. (I have to admit though that I’m not up to speed on how “PM” works, so just let me know and I’ll try to figure it out.
    Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Here is the final paint on my Corsair. I will still do more weathering in the future. The maiden went ok. The field was muddy and someone had tore up the main part of the field and then everything froze. I was having to take off and land on a fairly small smooth spot. She took off and flew great, but on the last flight I hit a rut or a soft muddy spot on the landing and collapsed a landing gear. The plastic housing on the retract broke, so I have a replacement ordered. No damage to the air frame or anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by theoldALFER View Post
        Guys, I don’t own nor do I have access to a 3-D printer. Is there anyone who would be willing to print up an interior set for me? I would certainly be willing to cover any expenses incurred.
        If you have any interest, please “PM” me. (I have to admit though that I’m not up to speed on how “PM” works, so just let me know and I’ll try to figure it out.
        Thanks in advance.
        At the top right of this page, once you are logged in, you will see "messages". Click on the DOWN arrow and go to your message center. There, you will find all your PMs in your inbox and sent messages in your outbox. Just make sure you don't fill them up to full capacity or you won't be able to receive or send any more. Delete old ones. Now, if you click on the DOWN arrow next to your name, you can go to your "user settings" and make sure you get an email anytime someone sends you a PM or click on the place where it allows a "pop-up" telling you when someone has sent you a PM. To send a PM to someone, go to any of their posts and click on the envelope and you can send them a message.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim K View Post
          Here is the final paint on my Corsair. I will still do more weathering in the future. The maiden went ok. The field was muddy and someone had tore up the main part of the field and then everything froze. I was having to take off and land on a fairly small smooth spot. She took off and flew great, but on the last flight I hit a rut or a soft muddy spot on the landing and collapsed a landing gear. The plastic housing on the retract broke, so I have a replacement ordered. No damage to the air frame or anything.
          Beautiful paint job! Glad to hear the damage was minimal.
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Thanks xviper :Goodbye: :corsair

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

Yep. Got the same message. Just ignore. It's his modus operandi appealing to what is right and good but it is the worst sort of lie. Apologies, excuses, I'll try to do better, I'm in dire straight's, etc. A couple years ago I got the same sort of message from him over at RCGroups when I called him out over there. The infuriating part is he's probably just chuckling at his keyboard waiting to deceive the next person into giving him something he doesn't deserve for free.
              He'll be back in time with a new name. Just beware and on your guard.
              Interesting you mention "That's Funny" When I saw TFunny appear it was such an ambiguous handle I knew it was him. Very strange person.

Comment

• I like to get paint sample from Lowes to experiment on, at my daughters store there is a person that can match colors spot on. This sample is done in satin paint but good enough for this, have quart of matte coming tomorrow.
                I am trying to get this effect, I used Vallejo Air Model Blue Gray # 71.304, you may want to get some Airbrush Flow Improver # 71.262. Just a few drops of that needed, keeps the tip clean. I buy mine at Scale Hobbies.
                I fogged this on this maybe a little light for the top of the fuselage but too heavy for wings. Gotta keep playing with it. I learned a long time to remove paint is hard but you can always add a little more. Less in weathering is good.
                Photos taken in different angles to the sun. It looks darker in the photos but I see now you could get heavy fast.

Ken

Comment

Here is the final paint on my Corsair. I will still do more weathering in the future. The maiden went ok. The field was muddy and someone had tore up the main part of the field and then everything froze. I was having to take off and land on a fairly small smooth spot. She took off and flew great, but on the last flight I hit a rut or a soft muddy spot on the landing and collapsed a landing gear. The plastic housing on the retract broke, so I have a replacement ordered. No damage to the air frame or anything.
                  magnifique !! c est comme cela que je veux peindre le mien( quand je l aurais!!) mais quelle teinte de peinture as tu pris ??

Comment

• Originally posted by didier galmiche View Post

magnifique !! c est comme cela que je veux peindre le mien( quand je l aurais!!) mais quelle teinte de peinture as tu pris ??
                    Beautiful!! This is how I want to paint mine (when I have it!!) but what tint of paint did you take? :Cool: Or something along those lines!!!

Comment

• I'm still in the process of assembling my bubbletop and have made some observations specific to the servos and linkage. So far the rudder, elevator and aileron servos had all required major centering and length adjustments in order to attach to the horns as per the manual. All my previous planes needed some minor adjustments which is no big deal but the adjustment required on this bird is much more than expected. I'm I doing something wrong or have the rest of you experienced the same thing? - Thanks for your inputs - Grover54

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post
                        I'm still in the process of assembling my bubbletop and have made some observations specific to the servos and linkage. So far the rudder, elevator and aileron servos had all required major centering and length adjustments in order to attach to the horns as per the manual. All my previous planes needed some minor adjustments which is no big deal but the adjustment required on this bird is much more than expected. I'm I doing something wrong or have the rest of you experienced the same thing? - Thanks for your inputs - Grover54
                        Rods all in the right spots?
                        TiredIron Aviation
                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post
                          I'm still in the process of assembling my bubbletop and have made some observations specific to the servos and linkage. So far the rudder, elevator and aileron servos had all required major centering and length adjustments in order to attach to the horns as per the manual. All my previous planes needed some minor adjustments which is no big deal but the adjustment required on this bird is much more than expected. I'm I doing something wrong or have the rest of you experienced the same thing? - Thanks for your inputs - Grover54
                          As for the rudder and elevator you did just loosen the friction screws until you bound your receiver right? Then center the flight controls and re-tightened the rod friction screws?
                          I think my ailerons were fine but may have pulled the arms and turned them maybe one notch on the servo spline. The flaps required pulling the arms and significant angle adjustment of the servo arms before reattaching them with flaps in full up position. Since your flaps and pretty much one way it works out perfectly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F4U_1600_ServoArms01.jpg
Views:	715
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	174794

Name:	F4U_1600_ServoArms02.jpg
Views:	682
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	174795

Comment

Beautiful Job!!!! Very talented young man you are! :Cool:

Comment

Hey Tim, already got some great advice from Ole timer on "softening" the edges between colors but still looking for new tidbits. How did you "soften" your edges?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

As for the rudder and elevator you did just loosen the friction screws until you bound your receiver right? Then center the flight controls and re-tightened the rod friction screws?
                                I think my ailerons were fine but may have pulled the arms and turned them maybe one notch on the servo spline. The flaps required pulling the arms and significant angle adjustment of the servo arms before reattaching them with flaps in full up position. Since your flaps and pretty much one way it works out perfectly.

Name:	F4U_1600_ServoArms01.jpg
Views:	715
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	174794

Name:	F4U_1600_ServoArms02.jpg
Views:	682
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	174795
                                Thanks Beeg. Great help and input! The worst habit I have is questioning and second guessing myself so I always defer to the experienced. I'm one of those guys that really gets rattled when there's one screw or nut left in the bag...…LOLLOLLOL

Comment

• Got my repainted bubble top out for its maiden today. Flight went great but it did Rage a bit of aileron trim to keep it from rolling. Landings were a breeze, slowed down very well and landed lightly. I’m impressed with the flight time, easily 8 minutes minimum with variable throttle settings. For me the minimum settings were more than enough. Looking forward to flying this again.

Comment

• HF, Love the livery and Congrats on the First Check Flight. Best, LB
                                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Hiflyer View Post
                                      Got my repainted bubble top out for its maiden today. Flight went great but it did Rage a bit of aileron trim to keep it from rolling. Landings were a breeze, slowed down very well and landed lightly. I’m impressed with the flight time, easily 8 minutes minimum with variable throttle settings. For me the minimum settings were more than enough. Looking forward to flying this again.
                                      Very nice!!!! Looks great!!! Weathering is very convincing!! :Cool:

Comment

• Here is my pilot for the Bubbletop. www.warbirdpilots.com He has the turning head feature. It is very smooth! ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Fits perfectly :Cool:
                                          TI - Ok got my Robart wheels in and was ready to swap them out but wanted to check with you first. The set screw at the bottom of the strut shaft holding the axel seems really, really tight. I looked in the manual to double check the screw size to avoid stripping it but find nothing. Experience tells me if something is extraordinarily tight or doesn't give under reasonable force, extra force is not the solution. Do you think they may have put some Loctite or threadlock on the screw or something? Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                                          X