Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey folks, is there a certain kind of Krylon spray can paint that I can spray over the paint on this plane without causing an issue? Will it stick without any prep?

Comment

• I haven't had an issue with any enamel spray cans not sticking to the factory paint. Some colors obviously are harder to paint over a dark surface...Spraying a few base coats of primer first is never a bad idea though.
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post

Nice Cockpit but I'm sure the center console avionics is an add? ;) Not sure the Corsair had that in WWII. :Confused: Thanks for sharing.
        Sharp eye there Grover54. Along the same lines I was looking at the stock decals on Todd's steed and noticed the "tape" over the seams in front of the cockpit, applied on the real bird to stop leaking, seem a little wide. Checked the ones I got from Callie and they are quite a bit narrower. Just an observation.

Comment

Nice Cockpit but I'm sure the center console avionics is an add? ;) Not sure the Corsair had that in WWII. :Confused: Thanks for sharing.
          Yes I know I just thought it was funny that when I did a Google image search for Corsair Cockpit the same image they used for the sticker popped up. ;) It looks to me that just about all of those instruments are modern.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

TK or G54, Additionally, did you/anyone cut away the 'small gunsight' to install the large one from the 3DP Cockpit kit? I am wondering if the 'small' gunsight is for the Birdcage version and the 'large' one is for the Bubble version. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Best, LB
            I removed the small gun site and added the large one in 3d Studio Max and then printed it as one piece. PM me with a e-mail address and I could send it to you.

Comment

• Here are some photos of my reworked canopy. I raised the bottom canopy frames up about a 1/8" to cover the parts of the cockpit side that were showing through. While I was at it I added the two frames on the top of the canopy that were there in earlier bubble top Corsairs and I add a frame where the back and front parts of the canopy would come together if it opened.

Comment

• Did some weathering tonight. More to follow with an airbrush. This was just a wash. I'm a novice at weathering so critiques are welcomed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim K View Post
                  Here are some photos of my reworked canopy. I raised the bottom canopy frames up about a 1/8" to cover the parts of the cockpit side that were showing through. While I was at it I added the two frames on the top of the canopy that were there in earlier bubble top Corsairs and I add a frame where the back and front parts of the canopy would come together if it opened.
                  Looks sharp, well done. I am sure I will have to do the same thing or something similar when I get mine...
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Excuse me again for an off topic question but I've looked at most of the HSquawk threads relative to P51D Mustangs and found most of the information and discussions on a P51D is very dated (8 - 10 moths old). I bought a FMS 1450 V8 P51D from MRC. Unfortunately, FMS didn't deliver the real detail and scale AND particularly the "Quality" I expected. I actually just sold it to cover (in part) the cost of the new FL Corsair. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a really quality P51D? THX - Grover54

Comment

Excuse me again for an off topic question but I've looked at most of the HSquawk threads relative to P51D Mustangs and found most of the information and discussions on a P51D is very dated (8 - 10 moths old). I bought a FMS 1450 V8 P51D from MRC. Unfortunately, FMS didn't deliver the real detail and scale AND particularly the "Quality" I expected. I actually just sold it to cover (in part) the cost of the new FL Corsair. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a really quality P51D? THX - Grover54
                      The Freewing Stang is slightly better than the FMS but the sad fact is because how dated both of those are they still happen to be the best foamy Stang avail. :Straight-Face:
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Excuse me again for an off topic question but I've looked at most of the HSquawk threads relative to P51D Mustangs and found most of the information and discussions on a P51D is very dated (8 - 10 moths old). I bought a FMS 1450 V8 P51D from MRC. Unfortunately, FMS didn't deliver the real detail and scale AND particularly the "Quality" I expected. I actually just sold it to cover (in part) the cost of the new FL Corsair. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a really quality P51D? THX - Grover54
                        Hangar 9 is one of the nicest I have seen

The P-51D Mustang 60cc ARF, 89" by Hangar 9 is a quality built remote controlled airplane. See all our RC product options online at Horizon Hobby!

sorry for competition plug

Comment

• Originally posted by Fallguy44 View Post
                          Did some weathering tonight. More to follow with an airbrush. This was just a wash. I'm a novice at weathering so critiques are welcomed.
                          What is there to criticize? Nice work there FG44!:Cool:
                          Subtle, not to much and not to little!
                          Looks great to me!:Cool:

Comment

You'll really need to build if your looking for "quality" Lots of plans and kit cutters out there. Bates and Vic R/C have a REALLY nice P-51B.
                            Mike
                            \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• I have had my eye on the Top RC Model 89" P-51D Mustang for a long time. All composite...Looks nice.

The P-51 RC scale plane is available in in three styles; P-51 Blondie, P-51 Gunfighter, P-51 old Crow. The 89 inch wingspan is an easy to build and easy to fly scale plane.

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• My wife would kill me. .

General Information Improvements Fuselage Wings Engine Hardware Scale Accessories Flying Performance     General Information The P-51 D ...

Mike
                                \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dual Prop Dave View Post

What is there to criticize? Nice work there FG44!:Cool:
                                  Subtle, not to much and not to little!
                                  Looks great to me!:Cool:
                                  Thanks Dave, really appreciate it!

Comment

• :Cool:Roger!

Comment

• But I do love my FMS mustangs! Four of them! Tower Hobbies has nice ones, but they are little...

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post
                                        My wife would kill me. .

General Information Improvements Fuselage Wings Engine Hardware Scale Accessories Flying Performance     General Information The P-51 D ...

Mike
                                        I didn't even have to click on the link, when I saw CARF I just laughed. LOL

CARF is the first thing I am buying if I ever win the lottery! :Cool:
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post

You'll really need to build if your looking for "quality" Lots of plans and kit cutters out there. Bates and Vic R/C have a REALLY nice P-51B.
                                          Mike
                                          I think I've come to that same conclusion that a "build" is my best shot. I was hoping to find a quality ARF like my P-6E Hawk from Great Planes or similar but outside of Hanger9 I haven't found much. Also, Hanger9's P-51 is a nice plane w/ a 69" WS but it's $399 for just a covered shell so I'll definitely have to budget for it. Thanks for your inputs! Grover54

Comment

Working...
                                          X