• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This one.

Comment

• Originally posted by redbarn View Post
      This one.
      COOL!! I have pictures I took of that plane at the Reno Air Races back in 1988. Love the checkered nose and tail AND Yosemite Sam! My care package from MRC showed up about 3p.m.:Cool:Gonna wait on it 'til I get the F 22 done.

Comment

• Plainview Texas is only 50 miles southwest from where I live. Small world !

Comment

• Originally posted by Hiflyer View Post
          Tim K nice work! I to am doing the tri color version. I got the Callie graphics for “Marines Dream”. I’m still working on the weathering and then will do the cockpit. By the was, the easiest way to remove the canopy without damage is to squirt a little lighter fluid (naphtha) around the edge and wait about 30 seconds. It softens the glue for easy removal and does not damage either the plastic or the paint.
          Really nice paint and weathering job. What paints did you use?

Comment

• Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
            Plainview Texas is only 50 miles southwest from where I live. Small world !
            Yeah my dad grew up there on a 5000 acre wheat farm. One of those towns at the time that if you blinked while driving through it you would miss it!! Still remember going through Amarillo on the way there as a child and that yellow brick road down main street. Later found out that Amarillo means yellow in espanol.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
              No kidding that's more than some peoples' mortgage payment. You gonna electrify it or pull that ASH 31 up with your Corsair? :)
              Not going to power it. I have enough powered planes. I like the purity of soaring with a straight sailplane. Having a “save” lever kind of takes away some of the challenge in my mind. I have extra tow pilots in my area but for those that don’t have tow planes or pilots the power option is nice to have.

Comment

• Originally posted by redbarn View Post
                Gettin' mine tomorrow. Think I'm gonna try the Skyboss graphics from Callie.
                I had Byron Corsair yrs ago, it had a big Saito 450 radial on the front and weighed in at 34 lbs dry, sold it when I got out of giant scale but it had the Skyboss livery, was sorry I ever sold it that's for sure, never seen another one, I got excited when you posted that picture of the full scale, would love to do this new Corsair the same as my old Byron, so when you get yours done could you post some pics for me to see?? Thanks

Comment

• Speaking of Byron.... 20 Years ago! I was thinner then.....

Jason G. Rigney from Arlington Hts, Ill. gives us a look at his nicely finished Byron Corsair. Byron fiberglass and foam, 23lbs and an 86" wingspan complete the package.. This beauty is powered by the ever popular G-62.
                  Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Really nice paint and weathering job. What paints did you use?
                    The repaint of the airframe was with latex from HD. I posted the color numbers back a page or so. The weathering is a combo of model paints. The exhaust streaks are a color called smoke and some gunmetal as well as black. The variations of the main colors was just done by modifying the base colors to different shades. I made two lighter shades of the dark blue by adding a little of the Intermediate Blue to it. I still have a ways to go but better to sneak up on it rather than over do it.

Comment

• Hiflyer,
                      Are you brushing the bade coat HD paint?

Comment

• Base coat I ment...
                        fat thumb syndrome :(

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

Yep, mine didn't show up till late last night. Had to intercept the UPS driver and make a bee line to the barn before the wife caught site of it. I spent my model allowance on a 6.4meter glass sailplane last month...;)
                          OMG!...…..I'm picking up some very bad habits from Hardway and the guys. Just got notified my Bubbletop is arriving Friday between 2:00 and 5:00 PM PST. Callie Graphics and the new Robart wheels should land on Thursday. What the Hell have you guys got me in to?!!!!!! Oh well.... I need to lose weight anyway so chicken broth here I come...…..:PLOL

Comment

• :)Just remember......There is half a loaf of bread in every beer. So Ramen and a cold brew and that is dinner! ;)

Comment

• Glad your stuff is inbound!! Fun times...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                :)Just remember......There is half a loaf of bread in every beer. So Ramen and a cold brew and that is dinner! ;)
                                Throw in bubble gum dental floss and you've got the full meal deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                                  Speaking of Byron.... 20 Years ago! I was thinner then.....

Jason G. Rigney from Arlington Hts, Ill. gives us a look at his nicely finished Byron Corsair. Byron fiberglass and foam, 23lbs and an 86" wingspan complete the package.. This beauty is powered by the ever popular G-62.
                                  Good times from back in the skinny days! ;)Remember them well! LOL:Cool: Nice bird!

Comment

• LOL

You guy's are cracking me up. I too remember the skinny years. Sigh...

Weather was crappy so I couldn't even taxi test today. All that is left to do is get the rates set. Other than that it's just waiting for a decent weather day to maiden. This is a great-looking Corsair! Love the close-to-scale prop and many of the added details and scale appeal. I have plans to repaint and weather down the road but she's so nice looking stock I may just keep her that way for a few months. Eventually I am going to turn her into this...

Click image for larger version  Name:	lgardner-170121-58838a88df63e.jpg Views:	2 Size:	65.0 KB ID:	173883
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                      LOL

You guy's are cracking me up. I too remember the skinny years. Sigh...

Weather was crappy so I couldn't even taxi test today. All that is left to do is get the rates set. Other than that it's just waiting for a decent weather day to maiden. This is a great-looking Corsair! Love the close-to-scale prop and many of the added details and scale appeal. I have plans to repaint and weather down the road but she's so nice looking stock I may just keep her that way for a few months. Eventually I am going to turn her into this...

Click image for larger version Name:	lgardner-170121-58838a88df63e.jpg Views:	2 Size:	65.0 KB ID:	173883

You could make in time....had some friends from Kansas escape the cold and snow last weekend.
                                      Warbirds of all eras flown in Military schemes. WW1 to modern jets

Comment

• Nice looking bird. Does anyone have any ideas on how we can make the canopy slide back. I'm sure magnets are in play like a lot of the FMS birds have. Ideas?

Comment

• Got started on the weathering, lots more to do....

Comment

Working...
                                          X