Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Well that's shame on you then! :P;)
    Ugh.... Dunno maybe put her together and fly her B4 I attack her with the Airbrush! :-)
    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post

Ugh.... Dunno maybe put her together and fly her B4 I attack her with the Airbrush! :-)
      Keep talking.... I said I was going to keep mine in the box, but what the heck...… Get er done!!! LOL
      :Confused::Thinking:

Comment

Such a wonderful surprise to come home to !!! Unfortunately its not Next on the list in the shop !! :-)
        Looking good. The wing design seems awesome from your photo. Can't wait to get mine.... it will be here on Wednesday :( and there's a holiday on Monday . Like you, the Corsair will need to wait until I finish up my Spitfire

Rich

Comment

• I wanted to share the files that Callie Graphic's provided. Corsair Nomenclature placement drawings
          Rich

Comment

• The Gun Site in its prominent place on top of the instrument panel glare Shield looked good in my Spitfire, I wish they had put one in my Corsair too.

Comment

• Some interesting photo’s here of an F4U-1 being restored in Australia.

Today I ventured into Classic Jets Fighter Museum to see the restoration of a rare bird indeed, the oldest known surviving Vought F4U Corsair fighter from World War Two. This particular example, F4…

Surprising how much the tropic sun bleached the paint.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E5732C61-07D4-4A3E-9B21-0546E7301FB9.jpeg
Views:	613
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	173014

Comment

• Ok,,, couldn't resist!!! She will be ready to fly this weekend .. However the weather in Chicago isn't cooperating!
                Its their BEST yet!
                Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Nice! Thanks for the link and I love that shot! Someone has to do that bleached-out weathering!

Alpha did a great job with many elements in the design of this Corsair. I wanted to make sure the leading edge of the flaps were rounded like the full scale and he was already on top of it! And the mix of recessed and raised panel lines is just another nice touch that really makes this model pop, especially for those who will be taking advantage of the canvas and weathering. The foot hold in the starboard flap, the window on the cockpit floor, the close-to-scale-sized prop...NOW finally a foam Corsair that hits just about all the right notes!

Now I just need to talk him into an "Elite" version with sliding canopy, scale struts/wheels and so-forth. LOL
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Ok,,, couldn't resist!!! She will be ready to fly this weekend .. However the weather in Chicago isn't cooperating!
                    Its their BEST yet!
                    Niiiiiiiice!! I hear ya on the weather. :Angry:
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• My Birdcage arrived today, So far everything seems to be in excellent condition. I’ve still not decided on the final livery but that’s no issue as there are many other details to work on.

Name:	A0A458DB-EBBD-4151-AAA9-2ADD3A9F44D2.jpeg
Views:	753
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	173031

Comment

• Oh wow, nice pics guys, might just have to get a prop warbird now, flown plenty Corsairs over the years and have to say, it looks very scale detailed, keep those pics coming so I can talk myself into ordering one............:)

Comment

• Originally posted by Cws View Post
                          The Gun Site in its prominent place on top of the instrument panel glare Shield looked good in my Spitfire, I wish they had put one in my Corsair too.
                          Cws, There is 'small' gunsight mounted on the Corsair Cockpit kit 3DPUP front instrument panel and 'large' one included in those same stl files that resembles the Spitfire OEM. Best, LB
                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Ok, OK... got tired of everyone's gloating so I just placed my order for the new Bubbletop. Now I have to wait with a 6G Woodie until it arrives! LOLLOL

Comment

• OK, so I just opened up my F4 Birdcage. It's hard to figure out how Motion/Flightline can raise the bar on each new release but they do. I have the P-38, 1600mm Spitfire and the B-24. I didn't think it could get any better but it did. The pictures do not do the model justice. As others have said the foam finish is flawless. The attention to detail is second to none!! Great job Motion you deserve a standing ovation. LOL :)

Comment

• Originally posted by handyman220 View Post
                                OK, so I just opened up my F4 Birdcage. It's hard to figure out how Motion/Flightline can raise the bar on each new release but they do. I have the P-38, 1600mm Spitfire and the B-24. I didn't think it could get any better but it did. The pictures do not do the model justice. As others have said the foam finish is flawless. The attention to detail is second to none!! Great job Motion you deserve a standing ovation. LOL :)
                                yeah How about it..... its really nice seriously considering the bubble to as well!

Comment

• This can pass for a pacific pilot. Maybe go a little lighter on the kaki color for the uniform

Aces of Iron....

1/8th

Comment

• I assembled the Birdcage to bring it to life and test all the servos. Removed the motor n esc to change the battery plugs over. Motor screws were not exactly what I would call tight and the stuff that serves as a locktite on them is cheap. I always use clear Dap kwik seal on motor mount screws, wing mounts, and any screw that could come loose due to any vibration. Not that I expect any once the prop is balanced but during landings and takeoff in rough conditions. While the esc was removed I tugged on each phase wire connection and all were solid including the motor connectors, I do this because I have found cold solder joints in the past on other brands... Everything worked except for the flaps. Dead as a mackerel. So, I hoped for a small miracle and pulled the MCB board to Rx male / male wire first. That was indeed the culprit as the negative wire connection was bad. I stock those so that was a five minute fix. I could have her flying today but have no plans on that. It’s winter here and all the toys are stored indoors, including the special order 2019 2SS Camaro 6 speed stick that just came in.
                                    2019 proves to be a fun year indeed. ;)

Click image for larger version  Name:	1F9DCB1D-5E13-4BFD-A478-092F733EC2C9.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	131.9 KB ID:	173099Click image for larger version  Name:	AD108394-B9A9-47F6-8C7B-9E81E8FB92EC.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	121.7 KB ID:	173100Click image for larger version  Name:	C69F3DF4-D672-4AE7-A94A-F8840A65CF59.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	127.8 KB ID:	173101 Click image for larger version  Name:	7BCE238D-05A8-40A0-9888-725E6D1826DC.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	236.3 KB ID:	173103

Comment

• Just got my Flightline Corsair Navy Version...Any advice as the best way to place the decals, Reference points and alignment. I've never put decals on a model this big...lol Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Such a wonderful surprise to come home to !!! Unfortunately its not Next on the list in the shop !! :-)
                                        I'm astounded with you guys that have a backlog of builds and projects that take priority and continue to buy new planes but I understand! LOLLOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post
                                          I assembled the Birdcage to bring it to life and test all the servos. Removed the motor n esc to change the battery plugs over. Motor screws were not exactly what I would call tight and the stuff that serves as a locktite on them is cheap. I always use clear Dap kwik seal on motor mount screws, wing mounts, and any screw that could come loose due to any vibration. Not that I expect any once the prop is balanced but during landings and takeoff in rough conditions. While the esc was removed I tugged on each phase wire connection and all were solid including the motor connectors, I do this because I have found cold solder joints in the past on other brands... Everything worked except for the flaps. Dead as a mackerel. So, I hoped for a small miracle and pulled the MCB board to Rx male / male wire first. That was indeed the culprit as the negative wire connection was bad. I stock those so that was a five minute fix. I could have her flying today but have no plans on that. It’s winter here.

Name:	1F9DCB1D-5E13-4BFD-A478-092F733EC2C9.jpeg
Views:	1049
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	173099Click image for larger version

Name:	AD108394-B9A9-47F6-8C7B-9E81E8FB92EC.jpeg
Views:	1083
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	173100Click image for larger version

Name:	C69F3DF4-D672-4AE7-A94A-F8840A65CF59.jpeg
Views:	1009
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	173101
                                          EXCELLENT this is a great reminder to perform the necessary due diligence. :-) Love it....
                                          And if you don't have a service tester.... GET ONE :-)

Comment

Working...
                                          X