X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cdrop20 View Post
    So I ordered some model master “green zink chromate”. What do you guys think of this color?
    CD20, I 'zinc' the color is great. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Sorry George.... Trying to right the ship here..... LOL Happy New Year Bro!!! Many Blessings!!! I am ready for my Birdcage to get here. I have several different "shades" of silver, aluminum, steel, metallic gray, just waiting to start chipping away. Also some yellow chromate primer to peek thru here and there!!! :Cool::Cool:
      Hardway! These look awesome! What beautiful work!!!! I'd never fly them just leave them on the ground for everyone to enjoy, especially yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Oh I have too, I've had one of these and the P-51 blow apart. I like the HSD Skyraider one piece 4 blade props.
        TI - I may be misunderstanding everyone's experience and concern about the props coming apart in flight but based on your unboxing video on the new FL Corsair it looks like the new hub and the front and back plate with all the deep set screws will minimize or may even eliminate this problem. Is this correct? However, it's always a good thing to never assume a problem has been 100% resolved. It may be good to occasionally check the prop's connecting points for cracks or any fractures before going up? Grover

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post
          They really need to bring back the Pacific pilots.Mike
          MT, I just got back into RC and didn't know AoI had Pacific Pilots at one time or I would have written that we need the "Specific Pilot for the Pacific"! Or something like that. Does anyone make a Pacific Theater Pilot in this scale for this Corsair? I had to use the Euro USAAC pilot and disguise him as an RAF pilot for the Spit. Best, LB
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

MT, I just got back into RC and didn't know AoI had Pacific Pilots at one time or I would have written that we need the "Specific Pilot for the Pacific"! Or something like that. Does anyone make a Pacific Theater Pilot in this scale for this Corsair? I had to use the Euro USAAC pilot and disguise him as an RAF pilot for the Spit. Best, LB
            Been looking myself and just came across this site. Check them out unless you're already aware of them.

http://www.warbirdpilots.com/product...lot-figure.htm

1/6 Scale Pilot Figures with Servo Operated Moving Heads. Check them out at WWW.WARBIRDPILOTS.COM
            Last edited by Grover54; Jan 13, 2019, 10:56 AM. Reason: Additional link

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post

TI - I may be misunderstanding everyone's experience and concern about the props coming apart in flight but based on your unboxing video on the new FL Corsair it looks like the new hub and the front and back plate with all the deep set screws will minimize or may even eliminate this problem. Is this correct? However, it's always a good thing to never assume a problem has been 100% resolved. It may be good to occasionally check the prop's connecting points for cracks or any fractures before going up? Grover
              The FMS props are the ones that come apart, the Flightline Spitfire and Corsair have the metal plates so no worries with the stock 3 blade propellor.
              TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Guys,since I don’t have the Birdcage on order -YET-, I have some time on my hands and “two cents” to add to the conversation re cockpit colors, to wit:

Sorting out the interior colours of the Corsair is particularly tricky. For the F4U-1 Birdcage Corsairs, photos taken at the time show the cockpits being a very dark colour, most probably black. Analysis of some crashed examples of F4U-1s indicates black, while the factory Erection & Maintenance Instructions called for Dull Dark Green.

As mentioned before, early production Corsairs had their interior surfaces in areas other than the cockpit covered with Salmon primer. This colour mixture was used relatively long into Corsair production. It would seem that all F4U-1s and a number of early F4U-1As were finished this way.

Somewhere during the production of F4U-1A model Vought discontinued the use of Salmon primers and switched to Zinc Chromate Yellow with cockpits in Interior Green.
                US Navy aircraft of the World War II had the interiors painted in Interior Green. Interior Green was initially a Navy colour and when the ANA series of paints was adopted in 1943 the colour agreed upon for tinted zinc chromate was Interior Green. (Tinted = zinc chromate darkened with black). Vought definitely went with darker shaded cockpits.
                Model Master 4852 green zinc chromate green + a dah it two of black (I use M M Acrylics) or 50/50 mix of MM4853 and Tamiya XF-67 NATO Green.
                The F4U1 and F4U1A definitely had a darker green shade then the good old Zinc Chromate Green we all love.
                ENJOY! ????????????
                Guess I’ll go back to my F7F rebuild and dream of the second shipment of Birdcages...

Comment

• The Warbird Pilots are great. A bit costly but you get what you pay for. I have had three or four of them from WWII to civil. Always giant scale though. It always seems such a shame to have to chop off at the torso to fit some birds. That would most definitely be the case for this 1/8 Corsair but if you want the Pacific Pilot, that's a legitimate route to follow. I can attest to the quality.
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                    The Warbird Pilots are great. A bit costly but you get what you pay for. I have had three or four of them from WWII to civil. Always giant scale though. It always seems such a shame to have to chop off at the torso to fit some birds. That would most definitely be the case for this 1/8 Corsair but if you want the Pacific Pilot, that's a legitimate route to follow. I can attest to the quality.
                    Aros - Any experience with the servo head? They really look cool for just another $40 but I don't know.

Comment

• Love all these LOWER post counts! Welcome Everyone..... Total positive for our HOBBY!
                      Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post
                        Aros - Any experience with the servo head? They really look cool for just another $40 but I don't know.
                        No not directly but knowing the quality of these pilots I am sure they are great and worth the extra $40.

My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I have one in my Spitfire and the head works as advertised. It is supposed to be a Hitec servo, and every one of those I have works great! I am ordering one for the Corsair! :Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Anybody want to by me a Birdcage corsair for my really early Bday which is way in Sept :Crying::Crying2:

Comment

Aoi pilots look very nice but unless I'm missing something they only have (1) Pilot offering? Are you saying they used to have many more?

Comment

• G54, Unknown to me, though disguising their USAAC Euro pilot should be easy presuming my pilot doesn't mind wearing an A-2 in the South Pacific. LOL Disguised that pilot as an RAF pilot for the Spittie. :Cool:Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	Flight Leader b.jpg
Views:	701
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	172155
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

G54, Unknown to me, though disguising their USAAC Euro pilot should be easy presuming my pilot doesn't mind wearing an A-2 in the South Pacific. LOL Disguised that pilot as an RAF pilot for the Spittie. :Cool:Best, LB

Click image for larger version  Name:	Flight Leader b.jpg Views:	2 Size:	72.3 KB ID:	172155
                                  Hey EllBee that looks really nice!

FYI, there is an airport in Salina just about 80 miles north of you that has a beautiful Lockheed Constellation sitting on the Ramp that is being restored. If you ever find yourself in the area you might stop by and take a look. Not sure your into those sorts of planes. I've always thought it was truly one of the most beautiful planes ever built. FYI.

Woody

Crap! it's an airliner. Never mind. : )

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	image_33890.jpg Views:	1 Size:	66.1 KB ID:	172169
                                    Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Sorry George.... Trying to right the ship here..... LOL Happy New Year Bro!!! Many Blessings!!! I am ready for my Birdcage to get here. I have several different "shades" of silver, aluminum, steel, metallic gray, just waiting to start chipping away. Also some yellow chromate primer to peek thru here and there!!! :Cool::Cool:
                                    Howdy all!!! I just saw some of the comments on these beautiful corsairs.... They ARE NOT MINE!!! :-) I just found a few pics on the internet that showcased the weathering I am hoping to replicate.... Thanks anyway, but no stolen credit here!! Jerry

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Hey EllBee that looks really nice!, there is an airport in Salina just about 80 miles north of you that has a beautiful Lockheed Constellation sitting on the Ramp that is being restored. If you ever find yourself in the area you might stop by and take a look. Not sure your into those sorts of planes. I've always thought it was truly one of the most beautiful planes ever built. FYI.Woody Crap! it's an airliner. Never mind. : )
                                      WC, We get by there some, I will drop by next opp. As for the Connie, went to Pomona CA via LAX as a kid via a Connie out of ICT. I thought it was the greatest thing in the world. I remember how big it was and how noisy, but loved it. beautiful airframe. Also, it has the same 2 beginning consonants as CORSAIR. LOL Anybody thinking of doing the folding wing mod? I thought about it for about 2 seconds, but ya never know. I understand that there is/was another 1600mm Corsair that has that feature. Not certain if it would be worth the time. Best, LB
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• The weathering is going to be just plain fun!!!! And the warbirds pilot will be just the ticket... http://www.warbirdpilots.com/product...lot-figure.htm

Comment

• Just placed my order with Warbird Pilots for the 1/7-1/8 Navy pilot with servo operated head.... :Cool::Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X