Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always!! Anyway, I am going to mix a giant pitcher of Bloody Mary mixings and proceed to increase my intake of vitamin C and veggies.... Ha!!! Celery, Olives, Limes, Sea Salt, medium rare sirloin, etc etc.... Get sum!!! Happy New Year Bro!!!! :-)

Comment

• I asked the question early on about being able to use the stock prop from my FMS 1700mm Corsair. That's how the 4-blade came into the picture. It's a direct bolt on.

Comment

• I intend to add a Mr RC Sound Aspire to my Corsair --- somewhere ! TiredIron, I see that you have access to an open wing but most will not so surgery may not end up being just cosmetic ! Maybe Motion can advise a cut position in the wings to accept a TT-25 ? Or, can you see an area in the wing where a TT-25 would fit and if so could you post a pic ? Thanks much.

Comment

• Why would you want to put the speakers in the wings? Looks like there is plenty of room in the fuse. Maybe unscrew the battery platform and look for space under there.

Comment

• Originally posted by MANFRED View Post
            Why would you want to put the speakers in the wings? Looks like there is plenty of room in the fuse. Maybe unscrew the battery platform and look for space under there.
            Amplification baby!
            TiredIron Aviation
            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by MANFRED View Post
              Why would you want to put the speakers in the wings? Looks like there is plenty of room in the fuse. Maybe unscrew the battery platform and look for space under there.
              My preference would certainly be to put in the fuse, if there is room.

Comment

• Have they made it across the water?

Comment

• First flight today was on the Flightline Corsair, 65° sunny morning, wind straight down the runway. I got 19 minutes on the RT 6250 and lowest cell was 3.78:Cool:

Click image for larger version

Name:	F4U_4B_03.jpg
Views:	922
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	169564

Name:	F4U_4B_04.jpg
Views:	912
Size:	190.9 KB
ID:	169565

Name:	F4U_4B_05.jpg
Views:	913
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	169566

TiredIron Aviation
                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I am really looking forward to getting this one! What great endurance... Getting back to the gas flight times!!! :Cool::Cool: Happy New Year!

Comment

• Will there be any 3d printed options for the cowling? Different intakes

Comment

• Printing my Cockpit now.... Alas I ordered the Bird cage so the 4 Blade is not an option.... I hope they come in early!!
                        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                          Printing my Cockpit now... Alas, I ordered the Birdcage so the 4 Blade is not an option... I hope they come in early!!
                          E4DG, I printed mine, too, and I have a question. How did you print the side panels? I 'cut' those (z=52) in my slicer to minimize the support from the print bed, but would rather have printed those as one piece. Any suggestions? Best, LB

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0007.JPG Views:	1 Size:	143.6 KB ID:	169752
                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

E4DG, I printed mine, too, and I have a question. How did you print the side panels? I 'cut' those (z=52) in my slicer to minimize the support from the print bed, but would rather have printed those as one piece. Any suggestions? Best, LB

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0007.JPG Views:	1 Size:	143.6 KB ID:	169752
                            Use the slicer's lay flat option. In Cura is under Rotate object.

Not sure why the side panel objects aren't laying flat to start with.
                            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• FHH, Thank you. Happy New Year, friend. Best, LB

ps: Prusa has an update to Prusa Slic3r. Version: Slic3rPE alpha1+win64-full-201812231738 and this has the 'Object-Lay Flat' option. Going to give it go later today

Thanks some more FHH.
                              Last edited by Elbee; Jan 1, 2019, 02:54 PM. Reason: Added post script.
                              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• yup!! Mine failed in the vertical axis! :-) Going to lay flat! Tomorrow!
                                Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by BRGT350 View Post
                                  Completely agree that the Corsair coming to land on the carrier with everything extended and canopy back is one of the most majestic sights. It is one of the few planes that look so good with the gear and flaps down.

For anyone around the great lakes, the Thunder Over Michigan airshow next year is going to have the Corsair as the featured plane. Rumors are they are trying to get all the flying Corsairs in the country together.
                                  Wow!! I want to know if that happens with the Corsairs. I went to the gathering of Corsairs in Indianapolis years ago and there were only five instead of twenty as advertised!! Still cool but a little dissappointing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                    .stock prop is 18X12X4 and the FMS is 17X10X4... Isn't the stock prop 3 blade? 18x12x3 vs the 17x10x4? All the pics I have seen are three blade from Flightline. Not being a jerk, but just asking!! :Confused:;):Cool: I hope it is a three blade for the model I am going to depict... :Cool:

I had the very same question and I'm glad stock is 3 blade as you said because I already have the decals from Callie for number 29 Ira Kepford's plane! Gave me a start for a minute.:Scared: Also have to say I agree 150% with your assessment of the brotherhood of rc pilots. Back in the fuels days, if someone needed a glow plug or prop or more fuel, you gave it with no questions. I've loaned out the use of my charger many times to the point of missing a flight on my own bird that day. It's just what you do bro. With all the political B.S. these days, it's nice to know that our hobby is still the tie that binds. Happy New Year and go Hawks! Oops, forgot you were from Texas.....my dad was born in Muleshoe if you know where that is.:Cool:I get my vitamin C from Greyhounds when I'm not drinking cervezas! BTW Anybody know if there a sliding canopy coming to show off that cockpit?

Comment

• Base coat of Olive Green Tamiya paint airbrushed on. I haven’t even purchased this plane but the fact that I can print out the cockpit makes me want to buy it. Kudos to the motion RC team for the cockpit files.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdrop20 View Post
                                        Base coat of Olive Green Tamiya paint airbrushed on. I haven’t even purchased this plane but the fact that I can print out the cockpit makes me want to buy it. Kudos to the motion RC team for the cockpit files.
                                        Begging your pardon Cdrop20 but the base coat of most of those surfaces should be zinc chromate. It was used on almost every surface of most warbird interiors, wheel wells, cockpit interiors, etc. to cut down on oxidation. It was sort of a bright yellow/green color,not olive green. Hope that helps in a positive way. Check out the federal standard colors if your interested.

Comment

• Downwindleg. Nothing gets more "debatable" than trying to define a specific aircraft color. Especially those applied before the 1950's when the Federal Standard was created. The "color" of zinc chromate as applied during WWII is no exception. Here's a couple links to get you started.

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazin...colours_us.htm

Here is our Cockpit Color Guide Table to help find the right colors for your next projects.

Comment

Working...
                                          X