X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by redbarn View Post
    I installed the 3.5 inch Robart wheels today. Ended up using the two extra weights in the cowl and it still goes tail heavy when the gear are up, even with my 5500ma battery in it. Gets worse with my 4500. About right with gear down so I guess it will be okay to fly a maiden with the gear down and see how it reacts when the gear go up. May have to make a couple more weights or bum a couple off of someone who doesn't need them. I think it will be fine but I can always reinstall the original wheels if it doesn't like being so overweight. I seem to remember Yosemite Sam riding an elephant and he didn't much like that beast. lol
    I put the same 3.5" Robart wheels on my bubbletop as TI recommended and they look awesome. They posed no problem to close and though I haven't had a maiden flight yet the CG looks good. Seems very strange the wheels are giving you CG issues. Something else may be at play here or I have a CG issue too and don't know it. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• apmech1, wonderful tribute. Looks fantastic, well done. Welcome 727 Dude, glad to have you aboard! Love the gun sight!

I am holding off on the Robart 3.5's until the CG issue is confirmed/rectified. Right now mine flies perfect bone stock so I don't want to mess with it if it messes with the CG...
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Posting a question or two here for Motion RC folks:

1. Great engineering for weight placement in the cowl for CG management I Only problem is Motion RC does not offer the additional weight for sale if one requires them.

2. While MRC offers the cockpit set as a group of files, some of us do not have access to a 3-D printer. Nor do we have access to someone who has a 3-D printer or printer. At one point I believe it was suggested - and this goes back to the B 24 - that the 3-D parts would be available. What with the popularity of the Corsair, it would be great to have MRC offers the cockpit set to us less fortunate/3-D printer challenged folks.

ANY help in this area would be deeply appreciated by us peasants. :Silly::Cool:

:corsair;)

Comment

• Finally some decent weather aligned with my scheduled. Flew a maiden and two additional flights today. The plane lived up to the hype and expectations. Thanks to all of you who have provided tips on rates and expos as well as your flight experiences. My maiden flight was uneventful.

Comment

• Congrats on the successful maiden!
            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• [QUOTE=apmech1;n177260]
              Originally posted by Hardway View Post

I know this is the Corsair thread, but I wanted you guys to see the finished product for My Dad's A-4 Skyhawk the my kids and I did. Thanks. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190207_031110.jpg
Views:	943
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	177261
              Nicely done! The A-4 is so cool. What a legacy! That makes me want to get an L-19 since that is what my Dad flew in the Army. Time to go on a web search for one. Blessings to y'all!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                apmech1, wonderful tribute. Looks fantastic, well done. Welcome 727 Dude, glad to have you aboard! Love the gun sight!

I am holding off on the Robart 3.5's until the CG issue is confirmed/rectified. Right now mine flies perfect bone stock so I don't want to mess with it if it messes with the CG...
                Thanks for the welcome Aros! I am really enjoying this forum! :Cool:

Comment

• My black walking line is directly on the recomended cg i am just having a hard time finger balancing it but i think i got it leans slightly nose heavy with a 5200 pack and just the factory installed weights. I have a second 4500mah pack i think i am going to tape the two weights to the smaller battery?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post
                    Well..... I told LB in a PM that I feel like Oliver Twist...."Please Sir may I have some more?". I haven't even got my new FL Corsair in the air and I've fallen for the new Hanger 9 P51D 20cc Mustang. https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJGXY&P=3

What the HELL has this hobby got me in to????? Ordered it today and can't wait to get it along side of my Corsair. Please save me guys! LOLLOL
                    I'm jealous Grover. I'm thinking seriously about one of those too. Figures I'd wait and see if I can stand my new P-51 park flyer. Spent to much time with the real ones, kinda in a bad way if you know what I mean.

Sure like the looks of that Corsair!

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post

I put the same 3.5" Robart wheels on my bubbletop as TI recommended and they look awesome. They posed no problem to close and though I haven't had a maiden flight yet the CG looks good. Seems very strange the wheels are giving you CG issues. Something else may be at play here or I have a CG issue too and don't know it. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for sharing!
                      They do look nice. I honestly don't think the plane is going to have a big problem with these wheels but they are quite a bit heavier and do shift the cg aft on mine. It did cg fine with the stock wheels but needs the nose weight with the Robarts. The maiden flight will tell us what we need to know about further adjustments or not. I might need to go cut a couple of chunks of round stock steel for the last two holes on the cowl but that's what they're there for right? A very nice feature indeed. Just glad that we can go back to the original wheels if the plane doesn't like the extra poundage and it will still look great. I guess the folks flying it are using the 100mm suggested cg?

Comment

• Originally posted by theoldALFER View Post

Posting a question or two here for Motion RC folks:

1. Great engineering for weight placement in the cowl for CG management I Only problem is Motion RC does not offer the additional weight for sale if one requires them.

2. While MRC offers the cockpit set as a group of files, some of us do not have access to a 3-D printer. Nor do we have access to someone who has a 3-D printer or printer. At one point I believe it was suggested - and this goes back to the B 24 - that the 3-D parts would be available. What with the popularity of the Corsair, it would be great to have MRC offers the cockpit set to us less fortunate/3-D printer challenged folks.

ANY help in this area would be deeply appreciated by us peasants. :Silly::Cool:

:corsair;)
                        1. ? I would use #9 shot and epoxy, or any other lead thing lying around w epoxy. for that matter any spare steel, brass or bronz and epoxy in the rest of the annular ring where the factory wts are not. which is why they don't carry them.

2. https://www.shapeways.com/
                        Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• I'm now wondering if this prop and motor could be utilized on an electric version of the hanger 9 15cc Hellcat? Maybe just a tad higher kv motor? Hmmm..., Flightline might need to crank out a bunch more of these props. Lol! Yes, with so many holes in my head, will one more bother anything?

Comment

• Anyone got a good idea for guns on this thing?

Comment

• LEDs connected to a flasher unit of some kind?
                              Now all we need is someone who knows electronics...

:corsair

Comment

• Originally posted by paladin View Post
                                Very cool site but the minimum pricing bracket is $400 bucks...Hard to imagine shelling out nearly the same price for a cockpit kit as the plane itself! LOL :Scared::Thinking::Crying:

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by 727 Dude View Post

Ahhhh yes! Final countdown! One of my favorite movies of all time!! Time travel, Zero's and F-14's. Man it just doesn't get any better!! Thanks for the welcome! :)
                                  My crew and I watched that movie more times than I can count sitting on nuc alert with the Air Force. Great movie!

Comment

• Originally posted by redbarn View Post

They do look nice. I honestly don't think the plane is going to have a big problem with these wheels but they are quite a bit heavier and do shift the cg aft on mine. It did cg fine with the stock wheels but needs the nose weight with the Robarts. The maiden flight will tell us what we need to know about further adjustments or not. I might need to go cut a couple of chunks of round stock steel for the last two holes on the cowl but that's what they're there for right? A very nice feature indeed. Just glad that we can go back to the original wheels if the plane doesn't like the extra poundage and it will still look great. I guess the folks flying it are using the 100mm suggested cg?
                                    Actually, Motion has self stick weight strips to add to your cowling but I just looked and they're out of stock but check the link below. They're around $1 more but in stock.:Cool::Cool: Just a thought!

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

I'm jealous Grover. I'm thinking seriously about one of those too. Figures I'd wait and see if I can stand my new P-51 park flyer. Spent to much time with the real ones, kinda in a bad way if you know what I mean.

Sure like the looks of that Corsair!

Woody
                                      Yes, still work in process and the weather here in Seattle is not accommodating for any form of a Maiden, it's like Siberia with more snow coming..... As far as that Hanger 9 P51D 20cc, what closed the deal for me was Tower Hobbies' Easy Pay deal.

Please review the Tower Hobbies policies and procedures here.

Give them a CC and they'll spread the cost over three months no interest, fees or special charges. They just charge your card each month $133 for three months. Done! and it lands here next Wednesday. Sorry Motion, but I did check you first. :):Cool:

Comment

• Added a little more weight up front in the F4-U using some flat weights I had on the workbench,... ended-up with three pieces to get the CG I was looking for, and they fit right behind the cylinders with a little hot glue ( I wouldn't doubt a big 45 slug would fit into the weight holes)

Comment

• Anyone know what page the detailed engine cowl resides?

Comment

Working...
                                          X