Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got the ok from Motion to dig into the Corsair's problem. Disassembled the entire tailwheel retract assembly and bench tested. Bad retract servo.
    Same procedure for the tailwheel steering servo. Dead in the water.
    Just my luck to get TWO bad servos right out of the box.
    Motion stepped up, as usual, and is providing new parts. Customer service gets a AAA+++ rating in my book.
    If anyone is interested I took pics as I was disassembling for future reference. I can post a couple if anyone wants.

Comment

• Originally posted by 427jimmy View Post
      I got the ok from Motion to dig into the Corsair's problem. Disassembled the entire tailwheel retract assembly and bench tested. Bad retract servo.
      Same procedure for the tailwheel steering servo. Dead in the water.
      Just my luck to get TWO bad servos right out of the box.
      Motion stepped up, as usual, and is providing new parts. Customer service gets a AAA+++ rating in my book.
      If anyone is interested I took pics as I was disassembling for future reference. I can post a couple if anyone wants.
      Glad you found the issue and that MRC is taking care of you!!!! Welcome to Hobby Squawk too!! :Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by 427jimmy View Post
        Pictures would be great!

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

Pictures would be great!
          I agree.:Cool: It would also be great for future search results if anyone needs them.;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

I think you are asking if the battery tray is parallel with the fuselage datum? If so, then yes they are parallel as far as I can tell without putting an incidence meter to the model... Hope that helps. Can I ask why you were wondering? Just curious.... ;):Confused:
            I am installing a small Shelf on top of the existing Shelf where the blue interconnecting box is mounted.
            that interconnecting box is mounted on the CG and there's plenty of room beside where it is now for it to be mounted there. I want to reference to the battery tray if it is level to the aircraft datum.
            I'm making a mount for an autopilot that will return the airplane to me if I get too far out and lose orientation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cws View Post

I am installing a small Shelf on top of the existing Shelf where the blue interconnecting box is mounted.
              that interconnecting box is mounted on the CG and there's plenty of room beside where it is now for it to be mounted there. I want to reference to the battery tray if it is level to the aircraft datum.
              I'm making a mount for an autopilot that will return the airplane to me if I get too far out and lose orientation.
              Awesome!!! Well, that is important then for your auto pilot level reference!!! Thanks for telling me; I was very curios why you asked!!! Very valid!! I will go look at mine again. I have it setting level right now and I will put a bubble level on the battery tray and report back!!! Stand by please.....

Comment

• The bubble doesn't lie!!! ;) It is just about perfectly level. It might have a tiny shift of the bubble, but we are talking about a 1/64th of an inch, and that could be my work table too!! Hope that helps and good luck Bro!! Jerry

Comment

• Thanks Hardway,
                  I have a new autopilot that I'm going to use in this Corsair installed in an FMS Corsair right now.
                  if we ever have another good flying day here I will do an acceptance test flight on it and then transfer it to this plane.
                  I certainly don't want to lose this one.

Comment

• You are very welcome!!! You are my neighbor to the east in Fort Worth!! I am in Willow Park....

Comment

• I actually live south of Fort Worth off of I-35 but I fly out at Thunderbird, Google or whoever tagged my location as Fort Worth

Comment

• I am a member of Thunderbirds too. I have been for two years and have only been out for the airshow last year!! Go figure!! LOL :Confused:

Comment

• There's two or three of us old retired guys that fly in the mornings during the week when the weather is right and it's not crowded out there.

Comment

• Wanted to take a moment and thank everyone for their help & suggestions regarding my canopy masking task.

Best Regards
                            Woody

Comment

• Practicing on my twin f4u-1a on the simulator.

Comment

• Off topic but just to say that these canopies were done using the frisket mask liquid, much easier than masking tape would have been.

Comment

• Just replaced my rudder servo. It just didn't center very good. Always a little one way or the other so I installed a Hitec HS 81 that I had on hand. It is a lot better and faster, but as usual the original servo is a little shorter than the new one and required a little grinding on the plywood mount.

Comment

• I believe someone asked for a this picture. Zoom in to read the labels.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

Pictures would be great!
                                      Here's what I posted on RC groups

Remove the 6 cover screws to access the retract mechanism. The trailing arm trunnion needs to be pried apart with a small screw driver. I was able to get the blade underneath and spread the trunnion and simultaneously push up and pop the arm out. There are grooves cut in the trunnion to facilitate reassembly. One phillips screw in the steering arm and 4 mount screws in the retract plate gets the unit loose. Attach a cord to the servo lead in the electronics bay and pull it through the fuselage while removing the retract unit. The servo lead is right at 30" . No connectors inside the fuse.

The mechanism that allows tailwheel steering only when extended is a linkage marvel. I guarantee somebody stayed up a couple nights thinking that one up.

Comment

• Originally posted by brk6188 View Post
                                        Off topic but just to say that these canopies were done using the frisket mask liquid, much easier than masking tape would have been.
                                        Yep sure is. Made my Avenger a easy to paint.
                                        Mike
                                        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• MikeT,
                                          Like your TBF.
                                          The pilot...would hid twin brother be a fit for our Birdcage?
                                          If so, some details on him would be cool. :Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X