X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post
    Thanks man. Lost mine at Fall Nall in the grass but didn't notice it until I was back home.
    How did you make out with the scissor links?

Tom
    Hey Tom,

I started with the links - and I did print the parts and so far it seems OK. During setup I enlarged the one part like you mentioned to make it the same size as the other, I think it was set at 109% or 110% on my slicer (so 9 or 10% larger) and it seems ok. I've cleaned up the parts and everything looks good, I just need to take off a gear leg from my plane and play around with it to see how it goes together. Perhaps this weekend!

If you make a 3D part to replace that antenna that will be very handy! I've lost mine once (and replaced it).

-Marc
    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Fortunately I had a spare strut assembly so I didn't have to take apart the gear leg on my plane for the trial fittings.
      I had also printed the links at 22 mm vs 25 mm and liked the 22s better.
      Here is the .stl for the front antenna. I printed it at .2 resolution with 5 bottom and five top layers.

Tom
      Attached Files

Comment

Fortunately I had a spare strut assembly so I didn't have to take apart the gear leg on my plane for the trial fittings.
        Here is the .stl for the front antenna. I printed it at .2 resolution with 5 bottom and five top layers.

Tom
        IF, Thank you for this. Always great when the community steps up like this. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Fortunately I had a spare strut assembly so I didn't have to take apart the gear leg on my plane for the trial fittings.

Tom
          Super! You're amazing.

Tom, here's a few pics. This took me only 12 minutes to print just now. Your mast is the correct length and width and the taper looks good. It fits!
          But you notched the base, and I think you should just delete the notches. (the bottom section should be rectangular, no taper) --Marc

Click image for larger version  Name:	Mast v1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	39.1 KB ID:	227326Click image for larger version  Name:	Mast v1-b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.7 KB ID:	227327
          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Thanks Marc.
            I didn't have the old antenna to copy. I'll redesign the next one if the need arises. Great job on the print.

Tom

Comment

• I did redesign the Front mast but have yet to print it. This should work.
              Attached Files

Comment

I did redesign the Front mast but have yet to print it. This should work.
                Brilliant! Well I just printed it and its perfect. Here is a picture showing the original, the most recent version, and version 1 with the cutouts.

All I need to do is paint it... thank you!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-01-12 11.48.02.jpg
Views:	606
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	227536

Comment

• Designed these today. Any idea why?

Tom
                  Attached Files

Comment

Designed these today. Any idea why?

Tom
                    Maybe cause it's more fun than watching "My 600 pound Life"
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                      Maybe cause it's more fun than watching "My 600 pound Life"
                      Well for some, maybe...

I-fly-rc-aircraft, Canopy Latch, I'm thinkin'. Best, LB
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• And the winner is....LB

Comment

• hey guys hope ur all well,,,, im not in4 sooky la la stuff...just noticed couple other complaints ... luv flying it just put my first 6000 pack in the air 6 or 8 minutts awsome .. i think about 8th flight alltogrther.... first landings to a crawl,,, all good . bu next couple just tad faster on grass t b fair ,,but first landing ,, arealighn and fiberglass sheet req one of the retracts ... happy as a pig in ..well u no...... but next land same the . other side land gear .. the floating end of jack screw punched thru the plastic body ,,,, is it me landing too fast// or u guys having same troublE ???? THOUGHT I HAD IT FIGURED OUT JUST IN CASE IT IS 1600 F4U FLINE THANX

Comment

Tom
                            Heh - the name of the file is "Hatch remover.png" - hmm..that could be a clue.

LB figured it out and he didn't look at the file name, I guess!

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
                              hey guys hope ur all well,,,, im not in4 sooky la la stuff...just noticed couple other complaints ... luv flying it just put my first 6000 pack in the air 6 or 8 minutts awsome .. i think about 8th flight alltogrther.... first landings to a crawl,,, all good . bu next couple just tad faster on grass t b fair ,,but first landing ,, arealighn and fiberglass sheet req one of the retracts ... happy as a pig in ..well u no...... but next land same the . other side land gear .. the floating end of jack screw punched thru the plastic body ,,,, is it me landing too fast// or u guys having same troublE ???? THOUGHT I HAD IT FIGURED OUT JUST IN CASE IT IS 1600 F4U FLINE THANX
                              Hey mate, the big F4U really requires a fine touch on landing. Come in with flaps down and some power on (like 15-20%) and fly it in, land on two wheels...don't cut the power all the way. The gear on this bird isn't strong enough to take a hit, it will be fine on grass but you need to land it like a feather. If you bang it down or bounce hard, you will crack or break the plastic case of the retract.

Comment

• thanks i thought that ,, a little Tlc a screwdriver and epoxy ....all retracts fixed just gear doorset req wil order set of gear ,,,,just incase // no wind igota fly thanx again...

Comment

Tom
                                  Are these .stl's available? I checked the 3D forum... didn't seen them.
                                  Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post

Are these .stl's available? I checked the 3D forum... didn't seen them.
                                    I will post the .stl files here this evening.
                                    Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
                                      hey guys hope ur all well,,,, im not in4 sooky la la stuff...just noticed couple other complaints ... luv flying it just put my first 6000 pack in the air 6 or 8 minutts awsome .. i think about 8th flight alltogrther.... first landings to a crawl,,, all good . bu next couple just tad faster on grass t b fair ,,but first landing ,, arealighn and fiberglass sheet req one of the retracts ... happy as a pig in ..well u no...... but next land same the . other side land gear .. the floating end of jack screw punched thru the plastic body ,,,, is it me landing too fast// or u guys having same troublE ???? THOUGHT I HAD IT FIGURED OUT JUST IN CASE IT IS 1600 F4U FLINE THANX
                                      I guess everyone has their somewhat unique preferred 2 point landing technique, but for me, what works best is to come in at just under 40% throttle and slowly bring it down the last foot or so on the mains, then cutting the throttle. This allows me to have a smooth touchdown at my discretion, while anything slower and it will touchdown no matter what I do, or end up as a three pointer. My bird is considerably heavier than the stock, with the robart wheels, Mr. RC sound card and transducers, my full body warbirds pilot and 4 coats of spar urethane and I love maximum flap extension ala Aros, so no doubt more throttle is required to keep it from dropping like a "wounded duck" than the stock Corsair. I have some of the same extra weight in my Spitfire and it comes in at only 25% throttle, so "to each his own" for every plane and pilot.
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Here are the .stl files for the hatch release.
                                        Tom

Attached Files

Comment

• Elbee
                                          Elbee commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          IFRCA, I thank you, Sir. Best, LB

• My next endeavor is to design cowl flaps.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                                        X