Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official FlightLine F4U-1A Corsair 1600mm (63") Wingspan

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sfcfury View Post

Hey... I'm definitely not that guy to point out things (b/c I make lots of mistakes)... but your stars are upside down.
    Not when he's flying backwards.
    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

GC, Is that livery NAS Olathe? If so, looking forward to seeing that on the Flightline Corsair. Best, LB
      Yes it is. I have graphics from Callie already. So next will be graphic application then weathering. So I’m thinking it might be ready to fly next month.

gravy

Comment

• truth is truth ..ya wont upset me....in fact thanx....still learning ..but still looks cool...... its one of the 2 kit options,,, not sure who...but i am the opposite to tirediron,,, i loathe the yellow stickers ,, but dont mind the yellow nose..... have not seen much of either of these livery,, on old footage

Comment

• If anyone interested, there's a 43 minute you tube video (originally a history channel episode) that is called "The True Story of the Black Sheep Squadron" which details Pappy Boyington's life and that of the Squadron. For me, especially after being a huge fan of the Baa Baa Black Sheep TV series, it was very interesting. Many of you may have already seen it, but if not, take a look, it's worth the time, especially if you are a Corsair fan like me. Needed to take a break, working on cowl flaps for the Corsair (no, not 3D printed or operational), so I needed a diversion. Photos to come in a few days (unless it fails miserably and I trash the project)
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• hugh when im not flying backwards..i just watch u tube..awsome to c a ww2 hero ..in his element ..dig deeper their is way cool ww2 ,,vietnam and im guessing gulf real footage ...i dont mean nasty battle footage cheers

Comment

• Some progress with the functional cowl flaps. Very tedious work but worth it.

Tom

PS: Sliding canopy next?

Comment

• Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post
                Some progress with the functional cowl flaps. Very tedious work but worth it.

Tom

OMG you are too much, that is so cool.
                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

Niiiiiiiiiiice!!!

My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Tom

Tom, You're crazy like fox, only not fox, person, and clever like otter, but not otter. Whoa, I gotta stop watching Russian television. Anyway, outstanding, Sir. Best, Steve
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I know NOTHING!!

Comment

I know NOTHING!!
                        Sgt. Schultz... love it

Comment

• Going to have to take a step or two back. Seems the CA doesn't hold the nylon hinges to the PLA very well. Maybe Epoxy would bond better. I'll keep you all posted.

Tom

Comment

• hey guys ran //flew into a tree Wednesday after work,,,,, branch only yeha lucky stuff all foam damage ...needs 1 prop blade easy and an aleron servo 17gram..... got one from local hobby store ,,,, instaled now both aleroins go up or both down .??????? lastly we have an airshow here next sunday the 8th,,,, tyaab melb ... the only f4u here i think,,,, is hangerd here went 4sneek peek and was lucky nuf to c it huge prop and plane absolutely awsome ...7 sleeps to go!!

Comment

• dont like the livery!! much

Comment

• A little tweaking to do but happy where I'm at

Tom

Comment

A little tweaking to do but happy where I'm at

Tom
                                  Un-Freaking Believable, almost can't believe you got it to work so well! You are the master and "I'm not worthy". Can you now get it to spit out some black smoke when you fire the engine up?
                                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Done ..I know it will work. Can now install on my flying Corsair (With some modifications of course).

Tom

Comment

• A better angle..I'm not the best videographer.

Tom

Comment

• You get the gold star of the month! Well done sir, cannot wait to see the final version!
                                        My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• OK, finally finished my version of the cowl flaps, without using a 3D printer (or 98% of my brain-which is mostly dormant). I've always loved this plane, but for over a year, been disappointed in the panel lines that were used to simulate cowl flaps. C'mon, a Corsair has 2 distinctive features, the gull wing and cowl flaps. Ever since Brandon Moon (I think he did a cowl flap mod-forgive me if it was someone else) did his mods over a year ago, I've been itching to do something with mine. Then Tom starts with operational cowl flaps, and I have to admit, never thought it could be pulled off. Well congrats to him, he's a superstar. On second thought, I think he's part of a technologically advanced alien species on this planet just to give us mortal earthlings "cowl flap envy". I can't imagine what he's going to come up with next.

Anyway, couldn't come close to his work, so have to live with my non-functional 2nd rate substitutes, but still better than the stock I think. After finishing, I think I should have made them slightly longer and open wider (but the 2% in my brain insanely had the idea that it would mess up the aerodynamics of a beautifully flying machine-how crazy is that). I used .020 styrene and cut a strip and the flaps into it, then inlaid it into the foam.

I'm almost embarrassed to post these pictures following Tom's work, but what the hell, I ain't shy about showing my .

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200225_142348.jpg
Views:	649
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	239217

Name:	20200225_154001.jpg
Views:	644
Size:	185.0 KB
ID:	239218Click image for larger version

Name:	20200226_214417.jpg
Views:	627
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	239219

Name:	20200301_120111.jpg
Views:	574
Size:	176.1 KB
ID:	239220

Name:	20200301_120541.jpg
Views:	571
Size:	283.8 KB
ID:	239221
                                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

Working...
                                          X