Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not world class stuff but It's gonna have to do. Still have a few details to wrap up before gluing canopy back on, and I need to get down in there with the little computer vacuum to get the dust specks out of there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	_E3A4723.jpg
Views:	581
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	250652
    Attached Files

Comment

• I say leave the dust make it look like its used. just my 2 cents

Comment

• Yeah, keep that office dirty! Nice work!
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• It's world class compared to mine. Next step 4 me. Fancy up the cockpit

Comment

• We have a world class modeler in my little RC club, so I pale in comparison to him. Also a world class modeler in a nearby club where I fly sometimes.

Haven't glued canopy back on yet. Need to decide whether o paint the built up side blue or leave it the same green as the cockpit interior. Any thoughts?

Name:	_E3A4735.jpg
Views:	600
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	250761

Comment

• KatManDEW , Why not cut the exposed sides down to the canopy silhouette and repaint the green? Best, LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I ended up painting mine blue FWIW...
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                  KatManDEW , Why not cut the exposed sides down to the canopy silhouette and repaint the green? Best, LB
                  For my 2 cents, I agree with LB, I think it would look best if you cut the exposed sides down to the canopy and repaint. I did that as well, it shows more of the inside of your detailed work, so show it OFF!

Name:	20190317_152508.jpg
Views:	760
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	250837Click image for larger version

Name:	20200301_120410.jpg
Views:	746
Size:	263.7 KB
ID:	250838
                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Cutting it down to match the canopy is not a good option now because the pilot and everything is glued in place now, and that 3D printed PLA does not cut/machine easily. I think I'm going to paint it fuselage blue and see how it looks.

Cutting it down was what I was trying to decide upon back at this point.

Name:	20200410_213827.jpg
Views:	562
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	250841

Comment

• 3D printed gas cap hatch release installation complete 👍 One less thing, as Forrest Gump's mother would say :-) It works and looks every bit as well as I hoped for.

I applied the first Callie Graphic vinyl this evening. My first time using vinyl... Also my first time using a "buck converter" and a "level shiftier" today (electronics stuff - different project).

I'm probably going to live with the fuselage-blue cockpit size enlargement. I need to wrap this up and get this bird in the air ASAP.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200423_002454.jpg Views:	2 Size:	93.5 KB ID:	250883
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	20200423_002503.jpg Views:	2 Size:	60.8 KB ID:	250884

Comment

• KatManDEW, Blue was certainly the better choice. Diggin' the "Cap" Conversion. Is that your own design? Looks really good. Post pics when she's airborne. Best, LB
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                          KatManDEW, Blue was certainly the better choice. Diggin' the "Cap" Conversion. Is that your own design? Looks really good. Post pics when she's airborne. Best, LB
                          Yes, I threw that together based on the similar gas cap setups that others used. It's connected to a piece of push rod that runs thru a piece of fuel tubing in the hatch. It pulls up about 3/8 inch to get a hold of it while pulling the hatch off.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	406D8AEC-E3D6-4116-8B2B-E6B3D9FBC7F2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	151.1 KB ID:	250961Click image for larger version  Name:	0B609609-1F14-41E9-81A6-F415182684CF.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	129.2 KB ID:	250959Click image for larger version  Name:	406D8AEC-E3D6-4116-8B2B-E6B3D9FBC7F2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	151.1 KB ID:	250958Click image for larger version  Name:	0B609609-1F14-41E9-81A6-F415182684CF.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	129.2 KB ID:	250957 Hello. I have the FMS 1700 mm corsair. I painted it to look like a really worn pacific island bird. Anyone have a 3-D printed scale cockpit for that one? I would love to add that to really complete it. Oh, also, maybe a 3-D printed engine front?

Comment

• [QUOTE=Hello. I have the FMS 1700 mm corsair. I painted it to look like a really worn pacific island bird. Anyone have a 3-D printed scale cockpit for that one? I would love to add that to really complete it. Oh, also, maybe a 3-D printed engine front?[/QUOTE]

That is spectacular!

What does the inside of your cockpit look like? I can scale mine up a little for you.

Comment

• Unbelievable Aces! Excellent work!

Comment

• That is the dirtiest Corsair I have ever seen and I LOVE it!
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Aces Posting an FMS bird in this thread is almost a malediction on the Flight Line Corsair but Dude......…...GOOD ON YOU, that is one freakin awesome paint job.
                                    Makes what I'm doing with the rebuild of my 1700 FMS Corsair look pathetic...…..I need to do better on mine
                                    Warbird Charlie
                                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Clearly that Corsair was stationed in the Dustbowl lol..

Comment

• Originally posted by Aces View Post
                                        Hello. I have the FMS 1700 mm corsair. I painted it to look like a really worn pacific island bird.
                                        AC, Outstanding! Clearly, that is the dirtiest RC Corsair model I have ever seen. Suggest adding a little dirt to the tires and tread as well to finish her out. Absolutely great work. Best, LB
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hey Aces that bird is awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                          X