X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post

Okay, I'm feeling the pressure!! I know it's Ira Kepford's plane...I shared the photos before on the Squawk of the static model built by Larry Horyna (attached)...it wasn't on display in Reno...I give up???Rob :Thinking:Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN7195 (6).JPG
Views:	1637
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	193298
    You nailed it Rob! That and your avatar. Operable cowling flaps and sliding canopy would be super cool too. I have a giant Yellow Aircraft P-38(100" wingspan) coming my way to finish or I would be all over that. Plus maintaining my field for the guys during the flying season.

Comment

• For those mention video of my landing...I won't be able to fly the Corsair until this weekend. BUT I did get some footage at the house with the E-Flite 1.2 P-47.
      I cut out all the bull and just showed landing. Before going nose down, the throttle is stick is all the way back (to zero)

full video

Planes
      -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
      -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Got a chance to fly today and also had the oppertunity to take a few photos while my friend Jason flew the plane. Love the look of this plane in the air, just awesome.

Comment

• Great shots Hiflyer! Excellent weathering job as well but most importantly THAT is how you land a Corsair!! Or any other tail dragging WWII fighter plane for that matter. Coming down on the mains and let the tail slowly settle. Beautiful!!

Comment

• Beautiful job of weathering Hiflyer! Outstanding profile in the air! Rob

Comment

• Hiflyer, like your pilot where did you get him. Great job weathering & flying, love the way it looks in the air.

Ken

Comment

• Originally posted by Hiflyer View Post
                Got a chance to fly today and also had the oppertunity to take a few photos while my friend Jason flew the plane. Love the look of this plane in the air, just awesome.
                HF, She's Delta Delta Golf. Love it. Best, LB
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20190507_200218.jpg
Views:	913
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	193463Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20190507_200223.jpg
Views:	895
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	193464 O.K. here's some info for all you rattle can junkies(like myself) who would rather pop the lid off, shake it up and spray it on and be done with it instead of mixing, thinning,loading, spraying, cleaning etc. Don't get me wrong, when called for, I break out the airbrush but hey, if I can get a decent color match out of a can, I'm there. So here's some pics of results and the rattle cans I use. Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20190507_200106.jpg
Views:	939
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	193460Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20190507_200129.jpg
Views:	911
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	193461Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20190507_200201.jpg
Views:	991
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	193462 Plus allot of post it notes for masking.;)

Comment

• Looking really nice Brad! It keeps getting better and better! Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post
                      Looking really nice Brad! It keeps getting better and better! Rob
                      Thanks Rob. Just had to do the zinc chromate color in the wheel wells. Starting on weathering next as time allows. Lots of good examples out there.:Cool:

Comment

• Looks fantastic Brad, my fellow Rattle Can Junkie! :Cool:
                        My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Looking awesome Brad....

Where do you fly on the island? I do not remember many large flying fields... I have spend many camping trips in the KOA site in the middle of your homeland :)
                          Rich

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	image_39402.jpg Views:	3 Size:	231.4 KB ID:	193573Click image for larger version  Name:	image_39403.jpg Views:	3 Size:	239.4 KB ID:	193574
                            Originally posted by RichJ53 View Post
                            Looking awesome Brad....

Where do you fly on the island? I do not remember many large flying fields... I have spend many camping trips in the KOA site in the middle of your homeland :)
                            Rich
                            Hey Rich, I pretty much live dead center on San Juan Island on twenty acres I bought back in 94. I have an 800' Click image for larger version  Name:	P_20170610_173920.jpg Views:	0 Size:	226.2 KB ID:	193572 runway on the property which lies on the West end of San Juan Valley exactly four miles West of Friday Harbor. Not sure where the KOA site is. Aros has been here and will be back hopefully this summer to maiden his BIG Corsair at my field. If you come back to Friday Harbor, look me up. You can usually ask just about anyone in town where I live and they will know.(been here 44 years and it's still a small island) The little trail in the second picture is my taxi way back up to the house/hanger.:Cool:

Comment

• I read these posts to see how others balance the plane. I have used several CG machines and the best one so far is the Xicoy CG machine. This machine requires three measures and uses sensors to calculate the actual CG based on three measurements you do.
                              1) Distance between the center of the sensors under the main wheels and the center of sensor under the nose wheel.
                              2) Distance between the center of the sensors under the main wheels and the desired position of the CG.
                              3) Distance between the center of the sensors under the main wheels and the place where the correction weight will be added/removed.
                              The first two variables are critical for accuracy and actually takes care of the gear up or down issues. Here is the web site if interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pheonix View Post
                                I read these posts to see how others balance the plane. I have used several CG machines and the best one so far is the Xicoy CG machine. This machine requires three measures and uses sensors to calculate the actual CG based on three measurements you do.
                                1) Distance between the center of the sensors under the main wheels and the center of sensor under the nose wheel.
                                2) Distance between the center of the sensors under the main wheels and the desired position of the CG.
                                3) Distance between the center of the sensors under the main wheels and the place where the correction weight will be added/removed.
                                The first two variables are critical for accuracy and actually takes care of the gear up or down issues. Here is the web site if interested.
                                https://www.xicoy.com/catalog/produc...roducts_id=365
                                I don't understand how it takes care of gear up or down issue. You are only checking cg with gear down. I do this with food scales. With gear down I am at 98mm. I then place foam rubber pieces on the scales and use the tare function to zero the scales with the foam pieces on them. I then place the model gear up on the scales and my cg calculates at 107mm. (I have the robart wheels that are heavier than stock)

When any gear retracts forward or aft it will shift the cg. On a p-51 if the tail wheel moves forward or aft, it will shift the cvg albeit a minute amount.

The A-4 will become considerably more nose heavy when its gear retracts.

The F-4, cg moves aft slightly when the gear retracts.

The P-40 is in the same boat as the corsair, moves aft when gears are retracted.

Most full scale planes cg with wheels down. Because when your gears are down you are usually much slower, near stall speed / critical AOA. You can obviously enter a high speed stall by increasing AOA beyond the critical AOA which with an aft cg can make it difficul to recover from.

Comment

• Hey guys, among the decals provided in the package are some red,green, and white plain round decals. Are these recognition lights and if so where do they go? I'm guessing the small ones go under the right wing and the larger one under the left?:Confused:

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                                    Click image for larger version Name:	image_39402.jpg Views:	3 Size:	231.4 KB ID:	193573Click image for larger version Name:	image_39403.jpg Views:	3 Size:	239.4 KB ID:	193574

Hey Rich, I pretty much live dead center on San Juan Island on twenty acres I bought back in 94. I have an 800' Click image for larger version Name:	P_20170610_173920.jpg Views:	0 Size:	226.2 KB ID:	193572 runway on the property which lies on the West end of San Juan Valley exactly four miles West of Friday Harbor. Not sure where the KOA site is. Aros has been here and will be back hopefully this summer to maiden his BIG Corsair at my field. If you come back to Friday Harbor, look me up. You can usually ask just about anyone in town where I live and they will know.(been here 44 years and it's still a small island) The little trail in the second picture is my taxi way back up to the house/hanger.:Cool:
                                    Hi Brad
                                    That is so beautiful !! Thank you for sharing
                                    The KOA is located Lake dale resort, and also used some local B&B ….. I spent my share of time in the Washington ferryboat line up :) So I have not been up there for many years since my friend in Canada has passed away (Surrey near King Georges hwy.)

I would be honored to see you and the nice area on the San Juan island. If I can get my wife to travel north sometime for vacation …. I will let you know !!

All the best
                                    Rich

Comment

• Yeah Brad's grass field is one worth being envious over! It's beautiful with plenty of takeoff and roll out space, and with that tall grass on the boundary I can think of a million things worse to bump into such as chain link fences, curbs, berms, rocks, poles, trees...Just ask me how I know!

LOL

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by apmech1 View Post
                                        Most full scale planes cg with wheels down. Because when your gears are down you are usually much slower, near stall speed / critical AOA. You can obviously enter a high speed stall by increasing AOA beyond the critical AOA which with an aft cg can make it difficul to recover from.
                                        And this is why I almost always CG with gear down on my models.

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by RichJ53 View Post

Hi Brad
                                          That is so beautiful !! Thank you for sharing
                                          The KOA is located Lake dale resort, and also used some local B&B ….. I spent my share of time in the Washington ferryboat line up :) So I have not been up there for many years since my friend in Canada has passed away (Surrey near King Georges hwy.)

I would be honored to see you and the nice area on the San Juan island. If I can get my wife to travel north sometime for vacation …. I will let you know !!

All the best
                                          Rich
                                          Yeah Rich, if you look close in the first picture, you can see the tracks in the grass from my A-10.:Cool: Lakedale is a cool spot. It's about 2 miles due North of me. I understand about the travel thing. Neither my wife or I want to travel in the summer anymore since our kids and grandkids live here and besides, we're already in paradise right?;)

Comment

Working...
                                          X