X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
    FWIW, I have flown nothing but Admiral rx's exclusively in all the recent releases (Phantom, F-22, Corsair, etc) without a single issue. Good luck!
    I haven't either I have them in my 1600mm Spitfire, 850mm P-51, F-22 90mm, Corsair and have worked well. I just have the evidence (ESC) question is was it on failure mode or mulitple. I'll never know, so just have cold feet.

How do you have your admiral installed?
    Planes
    -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
    -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken Smith View Post
      T01ga
      Great job really like it. I can you if they let you get close to it at your field on low pass, about 15” it will be a kick in the butt. It flies so good and looks so real, just don’t forget to fly it. Sometime I have remind myself.

Ken
      Thanks Ken. Oh I will be flying alright, there are not enough flying days in the UK. The weather is so unpredictable. If it is not raining, it is windy. And it feels like I am always at work when the weather is nice!
      Tolga
      Instagram: @_t01ga_
      YouTube: t01ga

Comment

• Originally posted by RichJ53 View Post

Wow that is an amazing job and beautiful weather detailing. Thanks for sharing

Rich
        Thanks Rich, appreciate it buddy!
        Tolga

Comment

• Originally posted by t01ga View Post

Thanks Ken. Oh I will be flying alright, there are not enough flying days in the UK. The weather is so unpredictable. If it is not raining, it is windy. And it feels like I am always at work when the weather is nice!

Well isn't that the friggin TRUTH!! :Straight-Face:
          Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by t01ga View Post
            Click image for larger version

Name:	00937BF1-0A59-462F-B201-3EF3D02DAA27.jpeg
Views:	1363
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	194978 I have finished the weathering and looking forward to the maiden. I have seen great examples of weathering on this thread and I would like to thank everyone who had shared their ideas. Thanks for the inspiration.
            Here is my interpretation...
            T, Bravo Zulu...You done good, Sir. Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
              Can you tell us how you set up the flaps? Did you do one of the following?

Did you start with the aircraft (wing) type in the primary menu? In doing so, you allow the flap menu to be opened up in the secondary menu. This now allows you to start to "zero" the flap servos (without removing the servo arms) starting with the servo sub-trim. This helps to get the servo to the starting point or near the starting point (level with the rest of the wing), which should be "0" position on the flap switch. If this doesn't get the flaps even with the wings, you can now change the % flaps in the flap menu for position "0". Next, you flip the switch to position "1" and dial in the % to whatever it needs to be to get your take off flaps. To finish, you switch to position "2" and change the % till you get the desired landing flaps. These may not necessarily correspond to "0%, 50% or 100%". This method should NOT have made it necessary to remove the servo arm and re-position it.

If you didn't open up the flap menu by selecting the proper aircraft type (which should be 1 AIL, 1 FLAP), then channel 6 (Spektrum - AUX1 or flaps) defaults to the flap switch (switch D) and percentages of "0, 50 and 100%" and gives no ability to alter the %'s or to dial in elevator compensation or deployment time. It doesn't allow you to change the percentages to "zero" the flaps, but to only mess with the servo arm repositioning and servo sub-trim. The flap servos, like all the other control surface servos, are "centered" from the factory, which corresponds to a middle position but not necessarily "neutral" or any specific percentage deployment. Requiring you to remove the arm so you can "zero" the flaps may result in insufficient travel to get the flaps from "level" to full or near full deployment (for landing flaps).
              Yes, I did set it up and I am using the flap menu. Impressed your knew I was using spectrum! I set my speed like I wanted as well. I think its pretty close now.

Comment

• Finally flew Skyhog a couple of weeks ago. It flies very nicely and looks amazing of course. Does not tend to bounce on landing. It just plants itself there. Plenty of speed and power and the CG seems very good with the extra weights up front and the Robart wheels tucked in. A very good foam model indeed. Sorry for the poor photos. My phone only does so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

T, Bravo Zulu...You done good, Sir. Best, LB
                  Thanks mate
                  Tolga

Comment

• Hey I can't resist posting this shot of our favorite subject (this is not a model) because it just looks totally cool!!

Name:	49202860_2418580315035853_1574035626276159488_n.jpg
Views:	702
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	195159

Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Love it! Notice how much exhaust weathering there is!
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                        Hey I can't resist posting this shot of our favorite subject (this is not a model) because it just looks totally cool!!

Name:	49202860_2418580315035853_1574035626276159488_n.jpg
Views:	702
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	195159
                        TMD, Ditto on the exhaust weathered bottom. We got this! Excellent photo, Tango Yuma. Best, LB
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                          Love it! Notice how much exhaust weathering there is!
                          but the correct way to paint this is not black at all. So many people ruine things with black. Black should be thrown in trash and never used. But what do I know right.
                          AMA 1102566

Comment

• Yeah the guys who are into weathering will say you should use some various grays and smoke colors. But not black
                            That picture is a perfect reference for the exhaust stains. I need to break out my airbrush and try it!
                            Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Agreed, black is the cheap, easy way out but to do it right, there's really no black involved at all. Browns, grays, yellows, etc...It's impressive to consider what colors are truly involved to emulate true weathering/oil-fuel stains/exhaust...It's an art all by itself.
                              My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• If it were me it would get hit with a outline of German grey. Then a mix of German grey and a deep purple then German grey and German field green. Then mists of buff right at the nozzles for heat effect.
                                AMA 1102566

Comment

• Had some time this weekend to get the Corsair together. Got the Lemon rx installed.

Name:	517ED6EF-BAD2-458A-B87F-08FEC6C1075F.jpg
Views:	718
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	195467Click image for larger version

Name:	7C2C0E45-CABB-4CFA-B8B0-4305AFD7BF7C.jpg
Views:	734
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	195468
                                  Attached Files
                                  Planes
                                  -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                                  -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Just received my Birdcage F4U and am beginning the “process” of making her a “dirty bird” that’s seem some “rode hard and put away wet” action.
                                    Would have started sooner, but a distraction took me off line for a while...
                                    Distraction = P-400 Airacobra

Now now back to work :Cool: :Silly: - Callie has set me up and I’m ready to go. To1ga and others have set high standards to emulate for sure!

Comment

• First step (no pun intended):
                                      No step in flap on this Birdcage Click image for larger version

Name:	67B03EEF-1666-4505-9F54-583E3B0BEABA.jpeg
Views:	721
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	195517

Comment

• Originally posted by theoldALFER View Post
                                        Just received my Birdcage F4U and am beginning the “process” of making her a “dirty bird” that’s seem some “rode hard and put away wet” action.
                                        Would have started sooner, but a distraction took me off line for a while...
                                        TOA, Looking forward to watching your progress. I have yet to start either, though there might be a "Freewing Flying Fortress Spring Project" beforehand and then there's that new F/A 18C. Yes, distractions abound.LOL Best, LB
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Can anyone tell me what went wrong with my new Flightline 1600mm Corsair? As soon as I deployed the retracts I lost all control. I did not lose the radio signal. I was having a beautiful flight when I decided to do a touch and go. As soon as I was line up and on approach, the plane stopped responding right as the gear extended. The plane has minor damage but $70 worth of retracts are toast. After the crash, everything was working fine. So I am guessing the damn Multi-Function Control Box must have malfunctioned. I am so disappointed right now. Here is the video for your enjoyment. :Angry:

Comment

Working...
                                          X