Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had to do the tri-color...more weathering to be done but it's a start !

Comment

• Looks great so far!

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• plus one on that!BTW the wing root intakes are usually white vs blue on the tricolor scheme for what it's worth.:Cool:Lets see how many want to disagreeLOL

Comment

• I guess it depends on who painted it. Most I have found, the top of the wing/intakes were dark,
          the bottom white.
          Some even showed the vertical fin dark blue as shown below but most were intermediate blue.
          The separation and coverage of the dark,intermediate and white varied as well.
          Tamiya models varied as did the real planes of the time.

Tom
          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post
            I guess it depends on who painted it. Most I have found, the top of the wing/intakes were dark,
            the bottom white.
            Some even showed the vertical fin dark blue as shown below but most were intermediate blue.
            The separation and coverage of the dark,intermediate and white varied as well.
            Tamiya models varied as did the real planes of the time.

Tom
            Correct your documentation supersedes anything else in a contest. First rule of scale modeling.

Mike.
            \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• I'm enjoying my Flightline Corsair very much, except for the landings. I have found for me and this particular airplane that I have a high number of "bounced" landings if I don't land absolutely perfectly. I don't have this issue with most other taildraggers, especially when they were heavier like the FMS P-51, P-47, and Corsair, all of which landed great.

I'm wondering if the mod several folks have done with the Robart 3.5" wheels might help some?

Another question I have is: how do you remove the axle of the main gear of the Corsair to then put the Robart wheel on? I have removed the set screw underneath of the strut that should release the axle to be pulled out, but it looks like it is flattened on the other end too so I can seem to be able to pull it out. Any help? Thanks, Guys!
              Dave G
              Attached Files

Comment

• DG, Don't have an answer, but wanted to say your Corsair looks awesome, Sir. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post
                  I'm enjoying my Flightline Corsair very much, except for the landings. I have found for me and this particular airplane that I have a high number of "bounced" landings if I don't land absolutely perfectly. I don't have this issue with most other taildraggers, especially when they were heavier like the FMS P-51, P-47, and Corsair, all of which landed great.

I'm wondering if the mod several folks have done with the Robart 3.5" wheels might help some?

Another question I have is: how do you remove the axle of the main gear of the Corsair to then put the Robart wheel on? I have removed the set screw underneath of the strut that should release the axle to be pulled out, but it looks like it is flattened on the other end too so I can seem to be able to pull it out. Any help? Thanks, Guys!
                  Dave G
                  Just unscrew the set screw and pull on the axle.
                  Planes
                  -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                  -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Actually I have found this Corsair to be quite easy to land (assuming you don't stall her a foot off the ground, ask me how I know, lol)...I use full flaps and keep the power around 25-30% depending on head wind and let her settle on her own...

PS...Your bird looks fantastic!
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post
                      I'm enjoying my Flightline Corsair very much, except for the landings. I have found for me and this particular airplane that I have a high number of "bounced" landings if I don't land absolutely perfectly. I don't have this issue with most other taildraggers, especially when they were heavier like the FMS P-51, P-47, and Corsair, all of which landed great.

Dave G
                      Hey dg, nice looking plane. You will have to apple some heat to get those axels out. Allot of them got a little too much loctite at the factory. I just used my plumbibg torch but a soldering iron would work as well. Hey Tom, I see you have the "bible"out. I would defer to that for sure. I was baseing my comment on a couple of Corsairs I took pictures of at Reno.

Comment

• Davegee.: Excellent job weathering and I love the tricolor scheme.
                        As far as the axle, I had to pry one side off by putting a screw driver between the strut and spacer on one side. The other side I grabbed the axle on the wheel side and rotated as I twisted it with a small pair of vice grips.

Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                          plus one on that!BTW the wing root intakes are usually white vs blue on the tricolor scheme for what it's worth.:Cool:Lets see how many want to disagreeLOL
                          That is all top secret squirrel stuff Bro!!! Dang, don't tell someone..... :Silly:

Comment

• The replacement fin/rudder is in stock finally. :P
                            Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Soldering iron heat makes removal of the axle easy. With the robart wheels, they seem to absorb landing shock well. I haven't flown mine with the stock wheels but even on not so perfect landings, mine doesn't bounce, or if it does it is minimal. Be ready to add nose weight if you use the robarts since there is a considerable weight difference.

Comment

• Not sure where the best place to post this question would be, but since it seems most of you that are flying the Corsair are also flying some of the other planes I fly as well so my question is: Are there any tips you guys could give me on taking off and landing on a grass field? I've been a member at Markham Park for a long time and we have a very nice concrete runway, so I've never used anything other than water or concrete (with the exception of a few missed landings off the edge in the grass but I'll never admit to any of those).

Just got talked into also joining AMPS club in Miami (actually closer to my house) and they have a beautiful field and pit area, but it's grass. The majority of members have giant/large scale gas and big jets, so not many electrics or foamies, so I feel like a hobbit amongst giants. I'm not worried about my bi-planes and extreme flight planes (they can take-off and land on a flat-bed truck), but wondering what effects it will have on the Corsair, Spitfire, B-24, F4's, Stinger 90 and 1700mm P-51. I know the take-offs are longer, not worried about that, but wondered if nose overs are something to control against on both take-offs and landings. All the members told me I have nothing to worry about (obviously they haven't seen me fly much, only asked me to join their club after my B-24 won our WWII best warbirds flight-which was fluke-had my eyes closed the entire time), and I'm actually looking forward to trying it as they said the grass is more forgiving then concrete :Silly:. I got 5 "expendable" planes ready that I don't fly much anymore to give it a try as soon as the monsoons stop here, hopefully by the end of the week, so I need lots of all your expert advice that seems to "flow like an unending river to the sea" in this forum LOL
                                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                                  Not sure where the best place to post this question would be, but since it seems most of you that are flying the Corsair are also flying some of the other planes I fly as well so my question is: Are there any tips you guys could give me on taking off and landing on a grass field? I've been a member at Markham Park for a long time and we have a very nice concrete runway, so I've never used anything other than water or concrete (with the exception of a few missed landings off the edge in the grass but I'll never admit to any of those).

Just got talked into also joining AMPS club in Miami (actually closer to my house) and they have a beautiful field and pit area, but it's grass. The majority of members have giant/large scale gas and big jets, so not many electrics or foamies, so I feel like a hobbit amongst giants. I'm not worried about my bi-planes and extreme flight planes (they can take-off and land on a flat-bed truck), but wondering what effects it will have on the Corsair, Spitfire, B-24, F4's, Stinger 90 and 1700mm P-51. I know the take-offs are longer, not worried about that, but wondered if nose overs are something to control against on both take-offs and landings. All the members told me I have nothing to worry about (obviously they haven't seen me fly much, only asked me to join their club after my B-24 won our WWII best warbirds flight-which was fluke-had my eyes closed the entire time), and I'm actually looking forward to trying it as they said the grass is more forgiving then concrete :Silly:. I got 5 "expendable" planes ready that I don't fly much anymore to give it a try as soon as the monsoons stop here, hopefully by the end of the week, so I need lots of all your expert advice that seems to "flow like an unending river to the sea" in this forum LOL
                                  Hugh, Larger wheels work better and for taildraggers it is easier as the grass provides a bit-o-drag and helps keep the ground loops to a minimum. With your experience on a concrete strip, you'll have no problems with grass, especially if it is manicured and maintained well. Best, Steve
                                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• What Elbee said! :Cool:
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• If the Corsair stops and sits in one spot (of grass) for more than a few seconds, it settles in and sinks a bit. The grass acts almost like wheel chocks. To avoid an "endo" when moving off (which happens often on grass with tail draggers), hold full UP elevator on high rates and blip the throttle to get the wheel rolling out of their little divots. Once rolling a few mph, but not fast enough for lift, ease off on the elevator and proceed to take off as if you are on a smooth, hard surface. If you don't let off the elevator and you give it too much throttle, the plane will lift off prematurely and do a wing over (torque roll). The UP ELE is only to get you rolling without it nosing over and to also help with more pressure on the tail (from the prop wash) for ground steering.

Comment

• Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post
                                        Davegee.: Excellent job weathering and I love the tricolor scheme.
                                        As far as the axle, I had to pry one side off by putting a screw driver between the strut and spacer on one side. The other side I grabbed the axle on the wheel side and rotated as I twisted it with a small pair of vice grips.

Tom
                                        Thanks, Tom. It took a lot of "convincing" the axle to come out, but I finally got it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                                          Not sure where the best place to post this question would be, but since it seems most of you that are flying the Corsair are also flying some of the other planes I fly as well so my question is: Are there any tips you guys could give me on taking off and landing on a grass field? I've been a member at Markham Park for a long time and we have a very nice concrete runway, so I've never used anything other than water or concrete (with the exception of a few missed landings off the edge in the grass but I'll never admit to any of those).

haha my neighbor has started an ark. i don't think his name is Noah though.

if it flys good off a smooth surface for grass I shim the aft ear of the retract with a .125-.25in shim. what ever lets it taxi w/o nosing over.

joe
                                          Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

Working...
                                          X