Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it me or did the B-24 start out at $399.00?
    it is currently $459.00.

I’m just gonna have to save up bit more before I hit the ‘buy’ button ​​​​​​​

Comment

• I’ve been slowly picking at my Birdcage and while I did the pre-order and paid less, the quality of the model is such that if I wanted a Bubble canopy, I’d pay the new price. I have both FlightLine P-38’s, the Tigercat, and two Mk IX Spitfires and I love them all. The best foam warbirds I’ve ever owned and each release continues to improve. This Corsair is beautiful and I expect it will fly as good or better than the rest. Been building and flying models for 50 years now and it’s never really been a cheap hobby. I only expect things to continue going up in price so budget wisely if you expect to be in this for the long run. I’ll take quality over quantity.

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Then don't buy it dude and stop complaining. If you want to give a dance, you gotta pay the band and you don't walk out on the stage between sets and complain about how much the band charges. That's all I'm gonna say.....sorry.
        BS. He has a right to complain. Regardless of whose fault, suddenly raising a price by $60 right after a pre order is significant. Especially since he was planning to but one and didn't pre order. I'd be pissed too.

Comment

• Look at the Bearcat, it was $199.99 and then they raised it to $219 because they said it was the tariff, why is it $255 now . Not looking good Motion

Comment

• Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post

Hello Seth and welcome aboard.

You would need 4 3s 2200’s to achieve one 6s 4400.
            Two parallel sets of 2 batteries in series.
            Not exactly the best way to get into a 6s warbird but it is doable.
            Id spring for an actual 6s 5500 or bigger. I fly em on 6s 8000mAh.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2EE63DB7-3570-4BB3-9513-0A57D8CFCBE6.jpeg
Views:	715
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	174419
            Thank you I will just order a new charger and at least 5000mah or greater battery for my birdcage.

Comment

• Originally posted by fieldofdreamsflyer View Post
              I was going to buy one and had the $400 but sorry Motion you blew the sale for me upping the price. Also not cool that people got it for $399 and that you knew about all the tariffs and etc etc , Guess I will go somewhere else and buy a plane. I reallly dont think its any of those things, cause FMS hasnt gone up or planes from HH.. I think Motion is just getting greedy . Motion isnt Motion like they used to be.
              :Angry::Loser:
              Mikey, Are you kidding me?

Comment

• Ok, Just because I've had a couple martinis I'm going to go out on a limb and agree that some of the price increases may be due to tariffs and trade imbalances but in my 40 years of business I can't ignore the fact that you have some Harvard Business School wannabe that has no idea what a Spektrum radio is, 9g servos, or binding procedures and has never had to pick up his $400+ investment in a trash bag making strategic market and pricing decisions. :P:P:P Hope things get back to being real. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

Mikey, Are you kidding me?
                  No, just kidding himself...

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                    Don't have this bird yet cause it is not the next one in cue for the fleet incinerator rebuild program but I did have to buy the prop assembly on the latest support equipment replenishment order to check it out.
                    Just received the Motion "care package" LOL and this prop assembly is a HOMERUN Flight Line. :Win: :Stars::Stars::Stars:
                    For modders of warbirds like myself, TI and DeltaDart this is absolutely phenomenal. :)
                    From the front/rear metal cross bracing tapped for 6 screws supporting these nice looking blades there should be no issue with blow aparts like there was with the FMS 17" 4 blade on the 1700 Corsair ;)
                    I got a couple of Varimoser 18.5" 3 blades that I acquired a year ago for the EMS F7F build and those buggars cost over a C note each.:Vomit::Loser:
                    Didn't have a choice then but we do now. :Cool:
                    I know that DD is looking to shortened this(like 17") for use on his FMS F7F.
                    Great write up WC! I love seeing the metal reinforcements implemented. Hopefully we see a few more props like this, would love to see a 4 blade around this size. Currently out of town in Yellowknife Canada, but as soon as I get back, the props are going on the Tigercat!

Comment

• Originally posted by Md_cobra View Post
                      So why not have that price from the get go??
                      There was a set date for it to go into effect, just glad I got mine before the jump

Comment

• Ne vous plaignez pas ! vous l avez chez vous !! nous ,en France,nous n'avons toujours rien ...

Comment

• Hey guys the price increase is what it is. Everyone seems to think there's money in this business . It just ain't so, the margins are very very small and few would even consider getting into the hobby business after actually seeing that.
                          Thanks Motion for the effort.

Mike.
                          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• I was looking at the Corsair and saw the price at 399.
                            Checked back last night and saw it is now 459. For the quality and scale of this offering I'll pay the increase.
                            It's not only Foam planes that have gone up, I believe it's anything imported from China.
                            I am buying some thermoplastic and the price increased from 13 to 18 usd.
                            Last edited by I-fly-rc-aircraft; Jan 26, 2019, 06:11 AM. Reason: oops

Comment

• Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post
                              I’ve been slowly picking at my Birdcage and while I did the pre-order and paid less, the quality of the model is such that if I wanted a Bubble canopy, I’d pay the new price. I have both FlightLine P-38’s, the Tigercat, and two Mk IX Spitfires and I love them all. The best foam warbirds I’ve ever owned and each release continues to improve. This Corsair is beautiful and I expect it will fly as good or better than the rest. Been building and flying models for 50 years now and it’s never really been a cheap hobby. I only expect things to continue going up in price so budget wisely if you expect to be in this for the long run. I’ll take quality over quantity.
                              I agree. :-) Its is a spectacular product no question! Still eyeing the Later model Bubble!
                              Going to home depot today to get my color match for the birdcage! Weathering starts today!

Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by didier galmiche View Post
                                Ne vous plaignez pas ! vous l avez chez vous !! nous ,en France,nous n'avons toujours rien ...
                                DG, Reconnu et convenu. Il n'y a pas de gémissements dans l'aviation. LOLMeilleur comme toujours, LB

Translation:
                                Didier Galmiche, Do not complain! you have it at home !! we, in France, we still have nothing ...
                                DG, Acknowledged and Agreed. There is no whining in aviation. Best as always, LB
                                Last edited by Elbee; Jan 26, 2019, 08:10 AM. Reason: Added Translation.
                                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks Aros. Sorry for the late response to your answer about the spray paint. I can't decide if I really want to spray anything on it. It looks pretty good as is and I hate painting. Lol Guess I'll have to decide if I care that much about whether it looks mostly like the real Skyboss or not. Still will look great.It's a Corsair.

Comment

• Paint in hand! :-)
                                    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by fieldofdreamsflyer View Post
                                      I was going to buy one and had the $400 but sorry Motion you blew the sale for me upping the price. Also not cool that people got it for $399 and that you knew about all the tariffs and etc etc , Guess I will go somewhere else and buy a plane. I reallly dont think its any of those things, cause FMS hasnt gone up or planes from HH.. I think Motion is just getting greedy . Motion isnt Motion like they used to be.
                                      :Angry::Loser:
                                      Mikey. You must be working now. That’s great! Congrats on your new job and I am glad you are not living in your car anymore.

This is the best Corsair model out there in this size. It was an great deal at $399. Sorry there was a price increase. But it’s understandable with the current economic climate. I exspect the others will be raising their prices soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by sethscorsair View Post
                                        Hello all I just purchased the birdcage version I have an important question, I have many 3s 2200 lipos and this is my first big 6s warbird! Can I buy a series adapter and just use 2 of my aforementioned 3s lipos in series? And would this equal 4400mah and would this be enough mah?
                                        Yes you can but you really need to know how to do it. I've had someone with a lot of experience from my club do it for me. 1. if not done right it poses a tremendous fire risk in your shop. 2. Fires can occur in flight. The only downside is over time you'll find them hard to balance. However, LiPos are so expensive I don't blame you for trying not to be wasteful. Amazon Floureon 2-paks 6S 4500mAh are only $119. Just a suggestion.

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post

I agree. :-) Its is a spectacular product no question! Still eyeing the Later model Bubble!
                                          Going to home depot today to get my color match for the birdcage! Weathering starts today!
                                          Last night I began color matching Testors Model Master enamels for the Birdcage. Upper surfaces are FS35164 Intermediate Blue tinted with about 10% FS37875 flat white. Tint samples slowly and you’ll arrive at a very good match for your model. Lower surfaces are supposed to be FS36440 Gull Grey but I have none in stock and discovered a mix of 75% FS36314 Flint Grey shaded with 25% RAF Dark Slate Grey is pretty spot on.

I’m upgrading the engine first, it’s the only part of the model I wish were more detailed but with a lil work I believe that can be spruced up. One thing to remember is that any bling up front will be blasted by high pressure ram air so it better be tough. Hopefully I can post some pics later today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E8695920-00A0-4211-A81A-EEE9E0C499BC.jpeg
Views:	671
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	174491

Comment

Working...
                                          X