Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are locktited in. But not with permanent red. Both of mine made a cracking sound as they broke loose but came out fine. Heat from a soldering gun also defeats really stuck locktited fasteners as heat breaks locktite down. I did not need to heat these but heat is the only answer on red permanent locktite. The cheap Turnigy drivers have never failed me either.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CE662308-C2F5-4E1D-9457-C1F1781642DF.jpeg
Views:	936
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	174865Click image for larger version

Name:	C76AE165-A238-4C93-B402-98DD03604B07.jpeg
Views:	986
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	174864

Comment

• Originally posted by Hiflyer View Post
      Got my repainted bubble top out for its maiden today. Flight went great but it did Rage a bit of aileron trim to keep it from rolling. Landings were a breeze, slowed down very well and landed lightly. I’m impressed with the flight time, easily 8 minutes minimum with variable throttle settings. For me the minimum settings were more than enough. Looking forward to flying this again.
      Nice job on the paint job and weathering and congrats on the maiden success! I too have been shocked by the flight time. Out of habit I land after about 6 or 7 minutes or so and then when I come back to re-charge the batteries they only need to be topped off by 30% or so if that!
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I’ve had so much trouble with retracts and grub screws over the years I’ve adopted an upgrade. I remove the grubscrew and special cut an actual fastener to replace it, that way all the threads in the specific hole are utilized and a larger driver can be used to tighten or remove the new faster.

Name:	31621F92-B0A5-4564-A61B-F4635D1A4A66.jpeg
Views:	476
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	174868Click image for larger version

Name:	DCD568FE-D289-41E9-935A-361E879FD419.jpeg
Views:	643
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	174869

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post

TI - Ok got my Robart wheels in and was ready to swap them out but wanted to check with you first. The set screw at the bottom of the strut shaft holding the axel seems really, really tight. I looked in the manual to double check the screw size to avoid stripping it but find nothing. Experience tells me if something is extraordinarily tight or doesn't give under reasonable force, extra force is not the solution. Do you think they may have put some Loctite or threadlock on the screw or something? Any suggestions?
          I take a Bic lighter to it for 10 - 15 seconds before trying to turn it.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
            I take a Bic lighter to it for 10 - 15 seconds before trying to turn it.
            By no means bashing your Bic lighter but if you haven’t invested in one of these mini torches, they are worth their weight in gold.!. :Cool:

Name:	13D7887A-A9B9-4FE7-BFC7-DE7BC702B7A3.jpeg
Views:	687
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	174875

Comment

• Grover, you can use the tip of a soldering iron to heat the set (grub) screw and then the locktite should let go without stripping the screw. That way you don't have open flames to set your whiskey on fire!!! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post

By no means bashing your Bic lighter but if you haven’t invested in one of these mini torches, they are worth their weight in gold.!. :Cool:

Name:	13D7887A-A9B9-4FE7-BFC7-DE7BC702B7A3.jpeg
Views:	687
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	174875
                Nice! I have something like that to light my BBQ. The thing is, those Bics can be found at gas station mini marts for less than a buck and that's in Canadian dollar. LOL But Hardway is right. I run the risk of lighting my hooch on fire.

Comment

• I LOVE You Guys! LOLLOL Thanks for all the tips and heat makes the most sense. This is a great Forum!

Comment

Got my repainted bubble top out for its maiden today. Flight went great but it did Rage a bit of aileron trim to keep it from rolling. Landings were a breeze, slowed down very well and landed lightly. I’m impressed with the flight time, easily 8 minutes minimum with variable throttle settings. For me the minimum settings were more than enough. Looking forward to flying this again.
                    This is what Iam after!! Really Nice work.
                    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Oh my god! I'm having flashbacks from the ESM Corsair that I sold to Aros! Same livery but different size. Nice weathering!:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Oh my god! I'm having flashbacks from the ESM Corsair that I sold to Aros! Same livery but different size. Nice weathering!:Cool:
                        What Corsair??? :P;):(:Crying:

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• :Scared: U R so bad LOL
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

What Corsair??? :P;):(:Crying:
                            LOLLOL:Cool: BTW, I noticed on the "queen" that you used the Tamiya navy blue for the canopy. How close is that color to the Bubble canopy Corsair. I might have to do some touchup after adding the intermediate blue and white.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                              Here is my pilot for the Bubbletop. www.warbirdpilots.com He has the turning head feature. It is very smooth! ;)
                              Yeah, love those pilots! I'll have to put one in this bent wing bird for sure.

Comment

LOLLOL:Cool: BTW, I noticed on the "queen" that you used the Tamiya navy blue for the canopy. How close is that color to the Bubble canopy Corsair. I might have to do some touchup after adding the intermediate blue and white.
                                The color is actually not navy blue...I am too lazy to go in my garage and get the actual name at the moment (haha) but it is a dustier blue than navy for sure. The Bubbletop base color is definitely a darker, true navy blue than what I have planned for the "Queen".
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Question for you weathering gurus...

I want to weather mine...Giving it some kind of light, light "dusting" to appear it's been in the Pacific without overkill. I still want the stock paint to shine through more or less but a calculated "dusting" which would give it a realistic weathered effect without going overboard and changing the tone completely. Does that make sense? I am exploring both airbrush and compressed charcoal options....
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Alright Brad I felt guilty for being too lazy to tell you the color I am painting "The Queen" so here it is...Model Master spray enamel...

Click image for larger version  Name:	unnamed.jpg Views:	1 Size:	86.4 KB ID:	174930
                                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

The color is actually not navy blue...I am too lazy to go in my garage and get the actual name at the moment (haha) but it is a dustier blue than navy for sure. The Bubbletop base color is definitely a darker, true navy blue than what I have planned for the "Queen".
                                      Thanks for digging it out but I was actually referring to the navy blue you painted the canopy about half way back in the Queen thread. You mentioned at the time that it was a tamiya navy blue. Just wondering if that navy blue is a good match for the mrc navy blue on the bubble canopy Corsair. I can go back to the thread and find it if you like...you posted pictures of the newly painted canopy at the time and somebody else mentioned it would be better to paint the inside first?

Comment

Thanks for digging it out but I was actually referring to the navy blue you painted the canopy about half way back in the Queen thread. You mentioned at the time that it was a tamiya navy blue. Just wondering if that navy blue is a good match for the mrc navy blue on the bubble canopy Corsair. I can go back to the thread and find it if you like...you posted pictures of the newly painted canopy at the time and somebody else mentioned it would be better to paint the inside first?
                                        Try page 29 of the Queen thread and about post 566...:Cool: That will get you close...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Try page 29 of the Queen thread and about post 566...:Cool: That will get you close...
                                          God bless you Hardway...My memory for things like this is shot to put it kindly. LOL

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X