X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sethscorsair View Post
    Oh ok i thought it was some more scale feature i had to install lol been working on this joker all day about done! I dont think im gonna fool with the skinny black stickers on top of the wing. What are they for? Also how should i tighten the prop hub through the little hole? Or just finger tight?
    Looks good so far.... The thin black stripes are to outline the "walkway" areas on the wing. I use a small screwdriver or allen wrench (3/32 or 2mm) to put through the hole and give it a snug turn. Need more than finger tight!! But don't torque it down like crazy either. Just tight... Stand by for a pic of the black lines... ;)

Comment

• Hope that helps!!! I think it is worth the time to apply the walkway lines. They look good!!! :Cool: Jerry

Comment

• Planes are looking awesome guys!!
        Great to see the creative juices are still alive!!

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• Getting the 3D cockpit together. I notice that the AOI Pilot coming in at 1/8 is a tad smaller than the stock pilot. To be honest I think the stock pilot is scaled closer to the plane's scale. So if AOI had a 1/7.6 scale pilot it would probably be about perfect. Oh well, at least he looks good, haha. I used the stock seat base to prop him up a bit. This 3D cockpit definitely requires trimming the pieces and the foam cockpit itself in order to seat everything properly. Finally as was discussed earlier in the thread, the side rails stick up too high so you need to create some kind of base that sits up and flat so it looks decent when the canopy is back in place. Here's some initial shots...

Click image for larger version

Name:	newcockpit1.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	175719

Name:	newcockpit2.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	175720
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I gotta make me a stand for the corsair! Here are all of my birds my 3 favorite planes!

Comment

I gotta make me a stand for the corsair! Here are all of my birds my 3 favorite planes!
              Yoou might want to take a look at the CrewZinn stand. Awesome quality and features iMO

Rich
              CrewZinn Flight Deck is the only RC Airplane Work Stand with an integrated CG Testing System – and the only RC Plane CG Testing Machine with an integrated Work Stand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                Getting the 3D cockpit together. I notice that the AOI Pilot coming in at 1/8 is a tad smaller than the stock pilot. To be honest I think the stock pilot is scaled closer to the plane's scale. So if AOI had a 1/7.6 scale pilot it would probably be about perfect. Oh well, at least he looks good, haha. I used the stock seat base to prop him up a bit. This 3D cockpit definitely requires trimming the pieces and the foam cockpit itself in order to seat everything properly. Finally as was discussed earlier in the thread, the side rails stick up too high so you need to create some kind of base that sits up and flat so it looks decent when the canopy is back in place.
                Aros, Simple thing to design a filler section for port/starboard. If you could send measurements, I could put something together. I know I will use foam, balsa, and/or 3DP something when I build mine. It would be good to have something out there to add to the 3DP stl files already available. If someone doesn't volunteer before I get to this A/C let me know. Best, LB
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

I gotta make me a stand for the corsair! Here are all of my birds my 3 favorite planes!
                  I've made a few stands from PVC pipe and foam insulation tubes (very inexpensive) and they can all be adjusted easily to accommodate various length of fuses. No need to spend a lot of money or get fancy unless you want to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Aros, Simple thing to design a filler section for port/starboard. If you could send measurements, I could put something together. I know I will use foam, balsa, and/or 3DP something when I build mine. It would be good to have something out there to add to the 3DP stl files already available. If someone doesn't volunteer before I get to this A/C let me know. Best, LB
                    Oh rats Elbee I wish I would have seen your post before I closed up the canopy! Hopefully someone in the process can help? That would be so great and appreciated! Thank you for offering!

Here's my cockpit as it stands...Between your offer and color issues I may open her up yet again...

Name:	newcockpit4.jpg
Views:	710
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	175758

Name:	newcockpit5.jpg
Views:	721
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	175759
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Oh rats Elbee I wish I would have seen your post before I closed up the canopy! Hopefully someone in the process can help? That would be so great and appreciated! Thank you for offering!

Here's my cockpit as it stands...Between your offer and color issues I may open her up yet again...

Name:	newcockpit4.jpg
Views:	710
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	175758

Name:	newcockpit5.jpg
Views:	721
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	175759
                      I thought you had the birdcage version. Either way next time send me the entire tub opened up and I can color match it. Hell if you want to send it back now I can color match it.
                      AMA 1102566

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                        Hope that helps!!! I think it is worth the time to apply the walkway lines. They look good!!! :Cool: Jerry
                        Something else I learned back in the Top Gun days(I was camera #2 for Propwash Video) is take some say 320 wetordry(black)sandpaper and cut it to size and stick it down in the same area with something like 3M spray adhesive. It resembles the roughened walking surface. Not sure of the grit for this scale but check it out. By the way I just discovered the answer to one of my previous questions. Through trial and error, I have discovered that paint thinner will remove Tamiya type rattle can paint without attacking the stock water based (apparently)Corsair paint for removing overspray. Takes a little more elbow grease but doesn't wreck the stock paint!:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
                          I thought you had the birdcage version. Either way next time send me the entire tub opened up and I can color match it. Hell if you want to send it back now I can color match it.
                          Thanks man! No worries though. I will keep it for now and if the color-mismatch gets to me enough I can always paint the zinc chromate to closer match your color. All good! I am most bummed that the AOI 1:8 pilot is a bit too small I think now that I see him in his "office".
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Getting the 3D cockpit together. I notice that the AOI Pilot coming in at 1/8 is a tad smaller than the stock pilot. To be honest I think the stock pilot is scaled closer to the plane's scale. So if AOI had a 1/7.6 scale pilot it would probably be about perfect. Oh well, at least he looks good, haha. I used the stock seat base to prop him up a bit. This 3D cockpit definitely requires trimming the pieces and the foam cockpit itself in order to seat everything properly. Finally as was discussed earlier in the thread, the side rails stick up too high so you need to create some kind of base that sits up and flat so it looks decent when the canopy is back in place. Here's some initial shots...

Name:	newcockpit1.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	175719

Name:	newcockpit2.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	175720
                            Wow! looks like your pilot needs a booster seat Todd. He's like the granny who couldn't see over the dash.LOLLOL Anyway, never heard back from you about the Tamiya Navy Blue that you used on your Queen's canopy originally and whether it's a good match for our bubble Corsair. Might use it for touch up and to widen the canopy frame between the windscreen and sliding canopy.

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Something else I learned back in the Top Gun days(I was camera #2 for Propwash Video) is take some say 320 wetordry(black)sandpaper and cut it to size and stick it down in the same area with something like 3M spray adhesive. It resembles the roughened walking surface. Not sure of the grit for this scale but check it out. By the way I just discovered the answer to one of my previous questions. Through trial and error, I have discovered that paint thinner will remove Tamiya type rattle can paint without attacking the stock water based (apparently)Corsair paint for removing overspray. Takes a little more elbow grease but doesn't wreck the stock paint!:Cool:
                              Hey Brad!!! Thanks for all the nice comments Bro!! That fine sandpaper is always good for the anti-slip/skid walkways!!! Have a great night !! Good guys here... Like a little modeling family sniffing glue... LOL

Comment

• Is it me or does the AOI pilot look small in the cockpit? Compair the photos (sorry for the quality) of the Red Bull. Pilot seems to take more “space” in them.
                                He looks great. Is he the same size as the “stock”pilot? Maybe just my eyeballs might be off on this.

Comment

• It's not you dude! I have to say even the stock pilot looks a little small to me comparing to actual photos of the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Hey Brad!!! Thanks for all the nice comments Bro!! That fine sandpaper is always good for the anti-slip/skid walkways!!! Have a great night !! Good guys here... Like a little modeling family sniffing glue... LOL
                                    Yeah Bro, I feel a real sense of community here that is lacking in other realms. Hope the pendulum swings the other way in my lifetime before the ground gets too wet to plow my friend.:Cool:

Comment

• Roger that!!! Lots of manly airplane building forum love.... OR whatever.... LOL

Comment

• Damn boy, have a beer and stop typing!!! HA!!!! Really, you guys are the best!!!

Comment

• Is it me, or does the AOI pilot look a little small in the cockpit? Check out the photos of the Red Bull corsair as well as the others.

Comment

Working...
                                          X