X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post

LB, This was strictly to help eliminate those counter weights in the cowl. Really... :Smug: :corsair :)
    Then that be a bunch-o-paint. You know it looks great, I have PW-Wasp envy. No more, certainly no less. At the risk of repeating myself, BZ, my friend. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• For those of you already flying your plane, do you notice a lot of drag and slow down when the gear comes down?
      I have an FMS Corsair that I fly that is smaller and it really slows down when I lower the gear.

Comment

I used 3/16 aluminum tube filled with sand n bent, 14 gauge copper wire for the ignition wire harness. 44 1/16 holes had to be drilled to accommodate all the wires.

Everything fit so snug it probably didn’t need the epoxy on the backside...
        Not perfect but at 70mph it’ll do.
        Sorry, no 3D files here. :)

Click image for larger version Name:	661AE36C-4722-4582-880D-35A3464172E9.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	150.3 KB ID:	174544Click image for larger version Name:	E738BE7A-0ACC-4F32-AC1C-FE55AFA8098A.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	128.7 KB ID:	174543Click image for larger version Name:	45245E88-DF6C-4EFA-8DDE-5E1E21723282.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	114.3 KB ID:	174545 Click image for larger version Name:	CA349BCD-A52F-4730-A5DE-C9DBA390BB90.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	136.6 KB ID:	174547
        Wow O-T! What an artist you are. Great detail. Learning everyday from you guys! Thanks! - Grover54

Comment

I used 3/16 aluminum tube filled with sand n bent, 14 gauge copper wire for the ignition wire harness. 44 1/16 holes had to be drilled to accommodate all the wires.

Everything fit so snug it probably didn’t need the epoxy on the backside...
          Not perfect but at 70mph it’ll do.
          Sorry, no 3D files here. :)

Click image for larger version Name:	661AE36C-4722-4582-880D-35A3464172E9.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	150.3 KB ID:	174544Click image for larger version Name:	E738BE7A-0ACC-4F32-AC1C-FE55AFA8098A.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	128.7 KB ID:	174543Click image for larger version Name:	45245E88-DF6C-4EFA-8DDE-5E1E21723282.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	114.3 KB ID:	174545 Click image for larger version Name:	CA349BCD-A52F-4730-A5DE-C9DBA390BB90.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	136.6 KB ID:	174547
          Wow O.T....what a great solution to adding the appropriate detail!! That looks so clean and beautiful! On hold until spring for my birdcage, but lovin the artistry! Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

After that post of his that you linked, he has managed to get himself banned so he won't be responding to you here.;)
            Aww... :) It was a matter of time. Just like on RCGroups.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cws View Post
              For those of you already flying your plane, do you notice a lot of drag and slow down when the gear comes down? I have an FMS Corsair that I fly that is smaller and it really slows down when I lower the gear.
              There's always going to be some drag performance when gear is deployed but I don't really notice anything drastic.

My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Island hop​​​​​​ping interior.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4065.jpg Views:	1 Size:	154.3 KB ID:	174573Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4063.jpg Views:	1 Size:	154.9 KB ID:	174574Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4064.jpg Views:	1 Size:	160.4 KB ID:	174575Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4066.jpg Views:	1 Size:	154.9 KB ID:	174576
                AMA 1102566

Comment

• Now that’s a weathered interior..!

Many years ago I liked building 1/48 scale models and decided to paint the entire model, to include national insignia and squadron markings. Decals were never as nice as paint.
                  This little Me262 is all paint.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	2C8E9878-03D3-49C7-BF4F-5ED29A6368F9.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	91.0 KB ID:	174593Click image for larger version  Name:	97C7DE0D-4054-44A2-93E6-5846B327C592.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	106.9 KB ID:	174594
                  Given such nice panel lines on the Corsair wings, I think it’s a shame to put a decal over them, perhaps I’ll just make stencils and spray all markings.
                  If I keep her factory fresh, I’ll need a pretty little WASP to pilot her.

Comment

• WOW! Beautiful work Ben!! Man I can't wait to put that and the painted AOI pilot in this bird!! Well done!
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

After that post of his that you linked, he has managed to get himself banned so he won't be responding to you here.;)
                      Not sure if this has anything to do with anything but does anyone know a Mike Baltes? Is he part of this forum or by chance the one that got banned? Got some very unpleasant messages from him pertaining to HSquawk and not sure why.:Confused:

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post

Not sure if this has anything to do with anything but does anyone know a Mike Baltes? Is he part of this forum or by chance the one that got banned? Got some very unpleasant messages from him pertaining to HSquawk and not sure why.:Confused:
                        If it was "Mikey" or "fieldofdreamsflyer" or whatever name he comes back with just let it go. Ignore anything he says. He's a forum troll that first reared up at RCGroups and migrated over here. He gives a sob story that ranged from being a teenager living at home with no money to being poor and can't find a job in hopes he can trick or take advantage of the kindness that is prevalent in this hobby. He's a deceiver so just don't fall for anything he says. Don't know if it is the same guy you're referring to but sounds like it could be him.
                        Just let Warbird Charlie or Aros know and they'll take care of it.

Comment

Now that’s a weathered interior..!

Many years ago I liked building 1/48 scale models and decided to paint the entire model, to include national insignia and squadron markings. Decals were never as nice as paint.

Given such nice panel lines on the Corsair wings, I think it’s a shame to put a decal over them, perhaps I’ll just make stencils and spray all markings.
                          Yeah that's one of the things I love about water transfer decals.....you can use products like Micro Sol to soften them up so they conform better to the surface detail. These pressure sensitive ones don't work so well for that. Since the weather was decent here today, I started spray painting parts for the bubble canopy Corsair in the tricolor scheme. I'm leaving the upper surfaces in the stock color and going with the Model Master Intermediate Blue for the mid tone and then "Heritage White" from the hardware store was pretty close for bottom surfaces. I felt like white white was just too stark of a contrast. Got the wing bottoms, horizontal stab bottom, and verticle stab/rudder done. Looks great! Next will be the fuse and cowl. Looking for a way to soften the line between colors with rattle cans without the hard line of masking. Gonna try blocking areas with thin cardboard held off surface an 1/8" to soften the hard line. Other ideas?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

There's always going to be some drag performance when gear is deployed but I don't really notice anything drastic.
                            I got a chance to maiden my birdcage today. It flew so well I let a friend have a go at it right away. I think he's going to get one now! :Cool: Anyway, he commented on how quickly it slowed. I noticed a little drag and I'm pretty sure it's that big prop when you go to idle. Of course adding gear exacerbates the condition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

I got a chance to maiden my birdcage today. It flew so well I let a friend have a go at it right away. I think he's going to get one now! :Cool: Anyway, he commented on how quickly it slowed. I noticed a little drag and I'm pretty sure it's that big prop when you go to idle. Of course adding gear exacerbates the condition.
                              I noticed the same thing a few years back with the big 2 meter LX P-40. More than the gear, it seems like that big paddle of a prop, as you say, acts as a brake. That's O.K. though, you just take it into account. Hold about 20% throttle on approach. We never had the luxury of having to worry about that in the old two blade non scale diameter prop days. I'll take it!!

Comment

Now that’s a weathered interior..!

Click image for larger version Name:	2C8E9878-03D3-49C7-BF4F-5ED29A6368F9.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	91.0 KB ID:	174593Click image for larger version Name:	97C7DE0D-4054-44A2-93E6-5846B327C592.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	106.9 KB ID:	174594
                                O.T. you and I are kindred spirits! I build static models too (1:32 scale mostly). Here's my recent experiment! Rob

Comment

• Indeed so!

My PZ Corsair...!
                                  Lots of flights on this bird.

Click image for larger version

Name:	55AEEB3B-AA5F-45E1-B5AF-546CEE580086.jpeg
Views:	633
Size:	264.7 KB
ID:	174633

Comment

• Two more flights this afternoon...My favorite new warbird by a long shot (not a surprise since the Corsair is probably my all-time favorite...A slight edge over the P-38 and P-51)...She slows down magnificently on approach with full flaps and like it was said above, you want to keep around 20% throttle to the flare. Each landing has been a greaser so far. One of those models that makes you look like you know what you're doing!

LOL
                                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

If it was "Mikey" or "fieldofdreamsflyer" or whatever name he comes back with just let it go. Ignore anything he says. He's a forum troll that first reared up at RCGroups and migrated over here. He gives a sob story that ranged from being a teenager living at home with no money to being poor and can't find a job in hopes he can trick or take advantage of the kindness that is prevalent in this hobby. He's a deceiver so just don't fall for anything he says. Don't know if it is the same guy you're referring to but sounds like it could be him.
                                      Just let Warbird Charlie or Aros know and they'll take care of it.
                                      Thank you. I was a bit taken back that he cloaked himself as being part of the HSquawk but the reality is he's obviously trying to get even for being picked last on the play ground. I'm moving forward!

Comment

• I just ordered the Birdcage, cant wait to get it

Comment

• Originally posted by Thatsfunny View Post
                                          I just ordered the Birdcage, cant wait to get it
                                          Welcome to Hobby Squawk! :Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X