X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

If it was "Mikey" or "fieldofdreamsflyer" or whatever name he comes back with just let it go. Ignore anything he says. He's a forum troll that first reared up at RCGroups and migrated over here. He gives a sob story that ranged from being a teenager living at home with no money to being poor and can't find a job in hopes he can trick or take advantage of the kindness that is prevalent in this hobby. He's a deceiver so just don't fall for anything he says. Don't know if it is the same guy you're referring to but sounds like it could be him.
    Just let Warbird Charlie or Aros know and they'll take care of it.
    Sent hm some batteries - nothing big, to run in his gifted airplanes, as a ‘pay it forward. Now he’s got some more bad karma to work off.

Comment

• [QUOTE=fieldofdreamsflyer;n174428]I was going to buy one and had the $400 but sorry Motion you blew the sale for me upping the price. Also not cool that people got it for $399 and that you knew about all the tariffs and etc etc , Guess I will go somewhere else and buy a plane. I reallly dont think its any of those things, cause FMS hasnt gone up or planes from HH.. I think Motion is just getting greedy . Motion isnt Motion like they used to be.
      :Angry::Loser:[/QUOTE
      I often wondered what this guys' story was. I felt bad for him at first but slowly started to suspect he wasn't on the up and up. I'm not real quick on this sort of thing. Too bad so many of us invested the empathy for him. I guess I still feel bad for him on some level but shame on him for not being straight.

Comment

• [QUOTE=downwindleg;n174659]
        Originally posted by fieldofdreamsflyer View Post
        I was going to buy one and had the $400 but sorry Motion you blew the sale for me upping the price. Also not cool that people got it for $399 and that you knew about all the tariffs and etc etc , Guess I will go somewhere else and buy a plane. I reallly dont think its any of those things, cause FMS hasnt gone up or planes from HH.. I think Motion is just getting greedy . Motion isnt Motion like they used to be.
        :Angry::Loser:[/QUOTE
        I often wondered what this guys' story was. I felt bad for him at first but slowly started to suspect he wasn't on the up and up. I'm not real quick on this sort of thing. Too bad so many of us invested the empathy for him. I guess I still feel bad for him on some level but shame on him for not being straight.
        Why was he banned?

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post

Not sure if this has anything to do with anything but does anyone know a Mike Baltes? Is he part of this forum or by chance the one that got banned? Got some very unpleasant messages from him pertaining to HSquawk and not sure why.:Confused:
          Yes, Mike Baltes is one and the same as the guy that was banned. He has used lots of different names on RCG and is/was FieldofDreamFlyer here on the Squawk. I do not know why he was banned, but it looks to me like he has created yet another ID already.

Comment

• Guys, I don't like to discuss banned members publicly for various reasons but yes Mike Baltes has been banned and yes, that is him creating a new account with the user name "Thatsfunny". From the information I have been gathering I see he has been leaving a trail of similar behavior in other forums. Some people know how to get around bans and I am working behind the scenes to insure he can't continue to create new accounts, but even if he does, folks like that can't help themselves but reveal who they really are before too long. Until I find a permanent fix, stay vigilant my friends. A great forum community self-polices and I've seen it many times demonstrated already here. We will continue to work tirelessly to keep Hobby Squawk the cordial, friendly, informative community it is.
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Yeah that's one of the things I love about water transfer decals.....you can use products like Micro Sol to soften them up so they conform better to the surface detail. These pressure sensitive ones don't work so well for that. Since the weather was decent here today, I started spray painting parts for the bubble canopy Corsair in the tricolor scheme. I'm leaving the upper surfaces in the stock color and going with the Model Master Intermediate Blue for the mid tone and then "Heritage White" from the hardware store was pretty close for bottom surfaces. I felt like white white was just too stark of a contrast. Got the wing bottoms, horizontal stab bottom, and verticle stab/rudder done. Looks great! Next will be the fuse and cowl. Looking for a way to soften the line between colors with rattle cans without the hard line of masking. Gonna try blocking areas with thin cardboard held off surface an 1/8" to soften the hard line. Other ideas?
              Given the very specific lines of the tricolor paint scheme, using stenciles with stand offs underneath them is the way to go. I almost always use poster board for the actual stencil in situations like that as it’s flexible and stuck thin weatherseal foam tape to the underside for the standoff spacer as that will flex also. The hardest part is keeping the entire stencil in place during the spray part. An extra set of hands is bonus.

Comment

• Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
                Island hop​​​​​​ping interior.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4065.jpg Views:	1 Size:	154.3 KB ID:	174573Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4063.jpg Views:	1 Size:	154.9 KB ID:	174574Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4064.jpg Views:	1 Size:	160.4 KB ID:	174575Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4066.jpg Views:	1 Size:	154.9 KB ID:	174576
                ****ing Brilliant!
                Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post

Given the very specific lines of the tricolor paint scheme, using stenciles with stand offs underneath them is the way to go. I almost always use poster board for the actual stencil in situations like that as it’s flexible and stuck thin weatherseal foam tape to the underside for the standoff spacer as that will flex also. The hardest part is keeping the entire stencil in place during the spray part. An extra set of hands is bonus.
                  Thanks Ole-Timer! Great idea using the thin foam tape. The bottom of the wing was easy with the straight sharp line along the folding wing line between the white and intermediate blue and the edges I did just holding a back angle with the spray can. Used the same technique for bottom of horizontal stab and elevator. I started with the rudder(easiest part). The fuse will be the most difficult....lots of masking to do plus two colors(and therefore last)!:Whew:

Comment

• Originally posted by Thatsfunny View Post
                    I just ordered the Birdcage, cant wait to get it
                    Welcome!!!! It is the schiznit!!!
                    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                      Guys, I don't like to discuss banned members publicly for various reasons but yes Mike Baltes has been banned and yes, that is him creating a new account with the user name "Thatsfunny". From the information I have been gathering I see he has been leaving a trail of similar behavior in other forums. Some people know how to get around bans and I am working behind the scenes to insure he can't continue to create new accounts, but even if he does, folks like that can't help themselves but reveal who they really are before too long. Until I find a permanent fix, stay vigilant my friends. A great forum community self-polices and I've seen it many times demonstrated already here. We will continue to work tirelessly to keep Hobby Squawk the cordial, friendly, informative community it is.
                      Yeah, just got a pm from Thatsfunny apologizing, talking about ending his life, and wanting to get along with everybody. Guess I'll just leave it there and not answer? He sure knows how to press your emotional buttons.:Straight-Face:

Comment

Yeah, just got a pm from Thatsfunny apologizing, talking about ending his life, and wanting to get along with everybody. Guess I'll just leave it there and not answer? He sure knows how to press your emotional buttons.:Straight-Face:
                        Online forums cannot help people like that. I had my first run-in with him 2 to 3 years ago on RCG and I put him on my IGNORE list not so much as to ignore him but to remember that he was an individual who was argumentative, confrontational and in dire need of mental health care help. I guess he never got that help. It's too bad he sucked a few people in here to give him handouts and sympathy. The threats of self inflicted harm is a blatant cry for help and his present state is a result of the mental issues and not the other way around. Best to put ALL of his forum iterations on IGNORE so he can't send you PMs. Well, once any of his usernames are banned, you can't contact him anymore anyway. It's the new registrations that will fool us for a little while (until Aros figures it out and nixes those, too).

Comment

• :(:(:(:Straight-Face:

Comment

Yep. Got the same message. Just ignore. It's his modus operandi appealing to what is right and good but it is the worst sort of lie. Apologies, excuses, I'll try to do better, I'm in dire straight's, etc. A couple years ago I got the same sort of message from him over at RCGroups when I called him out over there. The infuriating part is he's probably just chuckling at his keyboard waiting to deceive the next person into giving him something he doesn't deserve for free.
                            He'll be back in time with a new name. Just beware and on your guard.

Comment

• Back to the Corsair. If you haven't flown yours yet what I found is there is plenty of elevator you only need minimum throws for ELEVATOR and plenty of expo. On the elevator I had 25% expo on the maiden as I copied my FLRC Mk.IX profile but had to crank it up to 35% expo and 75% rate. This thing is very maneuverable but is one of the easiest to handle taildraggers for takeoff and landing. It also took off just fine with about half throttle. If you nail it on takeoff it will be airborne in a couple feet. Great job Motion RC!

Also, I had neutral on the elevator when rigging but needed a lot of up elevator trim.

Decided to add some more information:

Balanced the plane gear down at book CG. I checked with gear retracted and the CG only moved about 3-4mm aft so pretty much gear up or down is fine. I used the older Admiral 6s 5000, which are a bit wider and shorter than current Admiral batteries. I placed the rear edge of the battery about even with the forward edge of the ESC air exit slot. Airplane is completely stock so far.

Click image for larger version  Name:	F4U_1600CG_01.jpg Views:	1 Size:	189.6 KB ID:	174767
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	F4U_1600CG_02.jpg Views:	1 Size:	169.8 KB ID:	174768
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	F4U_1600CG_03.jpg Views:	1 Size:	136.5 KB ID:	174769
                              This is a shot of where the elevator trimmed out. Doesn't look like much but was half up trim from neutral. A little elevator on this thing is very effective and goes a long way.

Click image for larger version  Name:	F4U_1600CG_04.jpg Views:	1 Size:	75.0 KB ID:	174770
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	F4U_1600CG_05.jpg Views:	1 Size:	94.1 KB ID:	174771
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	F4U_1600CG_06.jpg Views:	1 Size:	148.1 KB ID:	174772

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post
                                Back to the Corsair. If you haven't flown yours yet what I found is there is plenty of elevator you only need minimum throws for ELEVATOR and plenty of expo. On the elevator I had 25% expo on the maiden as I copied my FLRC Mk.IX profile but had to crank it up to 35% expo and 75% rate. This thing is very maneuverable but is one of the easiest to handle taildraggers for takeoff and landing. It also took off just fine with about half throttle. If you nail it on takeoff it will be airborne in a couple feet. Great job Motion RC!

Also, I had neutral on the elevator when rigging but needed a lot of up elevator trim.
                                Mine's still in the box and will be for some time yet. Thanks for the info. By the time I build it, I will have forgotten all this so I've booked marked it for later. :Cool:

Comment

• Thanks for the headsup on Thats funny. I don't feel so bad now, just sad. Thanks also for the input on the Corsair setup. It will be a month or two before I maiden as my field has standing water on it right now but I'm gonna take your advice.

Comment

• How do we bookmark? There have been several occasions when I wanted to refer back to a post but have never understood how? Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post
                                      How do we bookmark? There have been several occasions when I wanted to refer back to a post but have never understood how? Rob
                                      On the top right of each post you will see the number of the post. (Yours I quoted from says #882)...It will open up a box that you can cut and paste that URL to in your browser. Once you do that you can bookmark that specific URL to refer back to whenever you need. Hope that helps.
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Thanks Aros! I was thinking there would be some kind of internal (Hobby Squawk) personal archive of some sort but this certainly works! Rob

Comment

• Ben (AkumaZeto) Finished painting my AOI pilot and 3D cockpit. Outstanding job Ben! Thank you very much. Folks if you don't like to paint (especially the miniature detail stuff like pilots and cockpits) I highly recommend Ben. His talents speak for himself. Can't wait to add these to my cockpit! The only problem is now I have to figure out how to weather the model itself to match the brilliant weathering of the cockpit. DOH!

LOL

Click image for larger version

Name:	cockpit_pilot3.jpg
Views:	636
Size:	220.2 KB
ID:	174725
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X