Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agreed. I too have flown mine with the 4 weights without needing to add anything. I fly both Admiral 5000s and Roaring Top 5500's without the need to add or remove weights.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Anyone know of a place to buy the FMS 4 blade hub? Blades are available but no spinner/hubs. Motion tells me the 1700 Corsair is discontinued.

Comment

• fmsmodel.com has some looks like.

Comment

• Yes they do. Wont last long I'm sure. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by 427jimmy View Post
            Anyone know of a place to buy the FMS 4 blade hub? Blades are available but no spinner/hubs. Motion tells me the 1700 Corsair is discontinued.
            I ordered the FMS 1700mm Corsair props, blade holders and spinner cone directly from FMS 7 weeks ago because nobody had any stock. After 6 weeks, I contacted FMS and they send another shipment, which arrived in 1 week. The original order is still not here, most likely lost in the postal system. A few days before I contacted FMS, I noticed RC Castle had stock, so I ordered from them as well. That order also came in one week. If the original FMS order shows up, I'll have 4-blade Corsair props coming out the ying yang. Unfortunately, Canada Post shipping rates to anywhere is so steep, it's more money than the parts are worth to send them to anyone. Oh well, good to have lots of spares. That makes sure I'll never need them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lowknifedge View Post
              Gentleman, what is the best way to land this corsair? Is full flaps on landing on mains with some power and then let it bleed off until tail touches?
              Like this:

Comment

• Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post
                Clearly not scale enough...LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by 427jimmy View Post
                  Anyone know of a place to buy the FMS 4 blade hub? Blades are available but no spinner/hubs. Motion tells me the 1700 Corsair is discontinued.
                  Well that might be true/. but Horizon shows the plane on backorder mid march. I didn't see the hub anywhere either. It may be on the way out. Probably not a bad idea because the FL Corsair is just awesome! I can say this with fact because I have both of them
                  Rich

Comment

• found this on ebay
                    Find great deals for FMS Part Fmssi310blu Spinner for 1700mm F4u Warbird RC Model Airplane Parts. Shop with confidence on eBay!

Comment

• Have any of you guys had the axles for the wheels refuse to come out of the strut? I removed the grub screw and even checked for another one down in the hole but it's like the axle is welded in there. Have to resort to heat? Maybe the stock wheels will remain in service.

Comment

• Originally posted by redbarn View Post
                        Have any of you guys had the axles for the wheels refuse to come out of the strut? I removed the grub screw and even checked for another one down in the hole but it's like the axle is welded in there. Have to resort to heat? Maybe the stock wheels will remain in service.
                        Yep, one of my axles was “glued” in by the thread locker. Stick the end of your solder gun in the set screw hole for a couple seconds and the axle will pull right out.

Comment

• Kind of wondered about that possibility. I will give the iron a try. Thanks a bunch.

Comment

• Originally posted by redbarn View Post
                            Got graphics installed finally. I decided that I didn't want to paint the bottom of the plane so it's not exactly like the Skyboss, but I like it fine. I need to get it in a better spot to take a picture of it but it's snowing.

Wow, that turned out great. Looks just like my old Byron Skyboss Corsair back in the days of nitro burning warbirds, except mine had a big Saito 450 radial on the front.:Cool::)

Comment

• Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post
                              Yes, Like this....but it's a bit different with a 1:8 vs. 100% scale. I'd love to do this with my bird! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Well..... I told LB in a PM that I feel like Oliver Twist...."Please Sir may I have some more?". I haven't even got my new FL Corsair in the air and I've fallen for the new Hanger 9 P51D 20cc Mustang. https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJGXY&P=3

What the HELL has this hobby got me in to????? Ordered it today and can't wait to get it along side of my Corsair. Please save me guys! LOLLOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post
                                  Well..... I told LB in a PM that I feel like Oliver Twist...."Please Sir may I have some more?". I haven't even got my new FL Corsair in the air and I've fallen for the new Hanger 9 P51D 20cc Mustang. https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJGXY&P=3

What the HELL has this hobby got me in to????? Ordered it today and can't wait to get it along side of my Corsair. Please save me guys! LOLLOL
                                  You can never ...….have to many warbirds :)
                                  Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by Chalredline1 View Post
                                    Regarding the flaps are folks mixing in down elevator and if so how much?
                                    Thanks
                                    I would like to know this as well as i am getting ready to set up my dx6 profile.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post
                                      Well..... I told LB in a PM that I feel like Oliver Twist...."Please Sir may I have some more?". I haven't even got my new FL Corsair in the air and I've fallen for the new Hanger 9 P51D 20cc Mustang. https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJGXY&P=3

I’ve always gone through feast or famin spurts on buying models and the primary driver was a series of airplanes hitting the market that I just had to have. Causes a back log of building or getting them ready to fly.
                                      My only salvation is that I have a couple other hobbies and those other hobbies cut into the Rc budget keeping it reigned in. I’ve always owned a 4 wheel drive truck that serves to haul anything including my airplanes to the flying field. Now of course I’m back at owning a new sports car and that experience comes with a large price tag. It’s all good and the learning curve/entertainment value is priceless.

So so if you find your spending too much on Rc and your out of space, there are plenty of other things to spend money on. ;)
                                      500 horsepower under the hood makes you forget about Rc airplanes pretty fast.!.:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Chalredline1 View Post
                                        Regarding the flaps are folks mixing in down elevator and if so how much?
                                        Thanks
                                        I haven't fine tuned yet but yes, an elevator mix with full flaps is good. If I fly this weekend I'll let you know how much unless Aros already has his dialed in.

Comment

• Thanks. Looking to maiden next week when we expect some better weather.

Comment

Working...
                                          X