Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Although not finished as regards to the scheme, there was a window of opportunity get get the maiden done Sunday. My friend Karltrek was ready to maiden his Corsair, so with his help on the set-up, I figured two maidens are better than one. The maidens were to take place at RSA (Rancho San Antonio Open Space Reserve) in Cupertino, CA. The mild winds forecast were much stronger than I personally prefer. However, Karltrek was gracious enough to maiden my Corsair as well as his own. The flights went off without a hitch. Fantastic flights for both. Tengarang was also in attendance and I offered up my Corsair to him so he could also fly her. The planes look great in the air and I am looking forward to less windy days so I can enjoy flying the Corsair. Here are a few pics I took of my Corsair. I am grateful to Karltrek for dialing her in for me. Karltrek took some videos but I will leave it up to him to post those if he desires.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0750 copy.JPG
Views:	641
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	191355Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0684 copy.JPG
Views:	662
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	191356Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0751 copy.JPG
Views:	636
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	191357Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0806 copy.JPG
Views:	635
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	191358Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0811 copy.JPG
Views:	692
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	191359Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0920 copy.JPG
Size:	290.9 KB
ID:	191360

Comment

• Originally posted by borntoolate View Post

Although not finished as regards to the scheme, there was a window of opportunity get get the maiden done Sunday. My friend Karltrek was ready to maiden his Corsair, so with his help on the set-up, I figured two maidens are better than one. The maidens were to take place at RSA (Rancho San Antonio Open Space Reserve) in Cupertino, CA. The mild winds forecast were much stronger than I personally prefer. However, Karltrek was gracious enough to maiden my Corsair as well as his own. The flights went off without a hitch. Fantastic flights for both. Tengarang was also in attendance and I offered up my Corsair to him so he could also fly her. The planes look great in the air and I am looking forward to less windy days so I can enjoy flying the Corsair. Here are a few pics I took of my Corsair. I am grateful to Karltrek for dialing her in for me. Karltrek took some videos but I will leave it up to him to post those if he desires.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0750 copy.JPG
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	191355Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0684 copy.JPG
Views:	662
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	191356Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0751 copy.JPG
Views:	636
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	191357Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0806 copy.JPG
Views:	635
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	191358Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0811 copy.JPG
Views:	692
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	191359Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0920 copy.JPG
Size:	290.9 KB
ID:	191360
      Glad all went well! Great photos!

Comment

• Thanks apmech1. The kit speaks for itself and to be honest, the camera does all the work.

Bob

Comment

• Congrats on the successful maidens! Love the shots as well! Cheers!
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• More progress!
            Tolga
            Instagram: @_t01ga_
            YouTube: t01ga

Comment

• Excellent! Love the detail painting...Pilot looks sharp!
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                Excellent! Love the detail painting...Pilot looks sharp!
                Thanks Aros. Looking forward to start on the pilot.
                Tolga

Comment

• Couple of flights this morning but on last I used our grass strip and at the very end of the roll out it tipped over. So slowly yet it tore the fin from its mounting crews and bent the rudder. Maybe can fix but I see this is one of the few parts that are Out of Stock —- maybe I am not the only one to have done this ? Great flyer but not to steady on her feet, very pitch sensitive when taking off/landing. I have the Robart 3.5” wheels and use full flap for landing.

Comment

• Originally posted by t01ga View Post
                    More progress!
                    T1G, Outstanding work, sir! Best, LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

T1G, Outstanding work, sir! Best, LB
                      LB, thanks buddy appreciate it.
                      Tolga

Comment

• While I am waiting to maiden...Anyone come up with a solution for the CG extreme nose heavy issue when the gear is down? Mine balances nice at 100mm with gear up but when I put it down it goes so front heavy it wants to fall off my balancer.

Comment

• Originally posted by killickb View Post
                          Couple of flights this morning but on last I used our grass strip and at the very end of the roll out it tipped over. So slowly yet it tore the fin from its mounting crews and bent the rudder. Maybe can fix but I see this is one of the few parts that are Out of Stock —- maybe I am not the only one to have done this ? Great flyer but not to steady on her feet, very pitch sensitive when taking off/landing. I have the Robart 3.5” wheels and use full flap for landing.
                          I am also waiting to purchase a new fin. I dialed back the control throw on the elevator (and I also use expo), it helped a lot. I love the way mine flies!
                          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by prestonowtm View Post
                            While I am waiting to maiden...Anyone come up with a solution for the CG extreme nose heavy issue when the gear is down? Mine balances nice at 100mm with gear up but when I put it down it goes so front heavy it wants to fall off my balancer.
                            Prestonowtm,

You definitely want to balance it upside down with the gear down at 100mm. If it is still nose heavy with a 5000mah battery, remove all the weights (4 unless you already removed them or added the extra 2) in the engine cowling and move the battery back till it balances. To get mine to balance with a 5000mah battery all the way forward, I actually had to add the extra 2 engine cowling weights (now totaling 6) and added 2 ounces of lead in the nose to get to 100mm with the gear down. Probably because I have 5 coats of Spar Urethane, the MrRC sound system and the heavier 1/7 scale warbirds.com pilot with servo.

Got too cocky and tried for the hell of it to fly it slightly tail heavy (around 108mm) and it was definitely not fun, a real adventure. :Loser: I'll never do that again. On take-off, it got airborne way too quick with the nose pitching up, causing a severe roll to the left (because it was still at stall speed) and I was barely able to save it and get it airborne. Then, during flight, it was extremely pitch sensitive, making it slightly difficult to maintain level flight as I ballooned around the field even after trimming it out level. At this point, I knew the landing was going to be extremely difficult so I used the entire 6-7 minutes flying it believing this would probably be it's last flight before having to make major repairs from landing. On landing, it was impossible to keep the nose down and it ballooned several times after first touching down, fortunately without any damage.:Whew: Learned my lesson not to tempt fate again. There are worse fates than being a little nose heavy.:corsair
                            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Prestonowtm,

You definitely want to balance it upside down with the gear down at 100mm. If it is still nose heavy with a 5000mah battery, remove all the weights (4 unless you already removed them or added the extra 2) in the engine cowling and move the battery back till it balances. To get mine to balance with a 5000mah battery all the way forward, I actually had to add the extra 2 engine cowling weights (now totaling 6) and added 2 ounces of lead in the nose to get to 100mm with the gear down. Probably because I have 5 coats of Spar Urethane, the MrRC sound system and the heavier 1/7 scale warbirds.com pilot with servo.

Got too cocky and tried for the hell of it to fly it slightly tail heavy (around 108mm) and it was definitely not fun, a real adventure. :Loser: I'll never do that again. On take-off, it got airborne way too quick with the nose pitching up, causing a severe roll to the left (because it was still at stall speed) and I was barely able to save it and get it airborne. Then, during flight, it was extremely pitch sensitive, making it slightly difficult to maintain level flight as I ballooned around the field even after trimming it out level. At this point, I knew the landing was going to be extremely difficult so I used the entire 6-7 minutes flying it believing this would probably be it's last flight before having to make major repairs from landing. On landing, it was impossible to keep the nose down and it ballooned several times after first touching down, fortunately without any damage.:Whew: Learned my lesson not to tempt fate again. There are worse fates than being a little nose heavy.:corsair
                              See. That's the problem. It balances great gear up, almost a little tail heavy. When the gear is down though it's so front heavy it would fall off my balancer if I didn't hold onto it.

Comment

• Have you removed any of the 4 pre-installed weights in the engine cowling and position the battery all the way forward?
                                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by t01ga View Post
                                  More progress!
                                  Nice pilot. Who makes that?

Mike
                                  \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post

Mike
                                    Tolga

Comment

• Thanks for the link.

Mike
                                      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                                        Have you removed any of the 4 pre-installed weights in the engine cowling and position the battery all the way forward?
                                        No. I have not taken the cowl off of it as yet. Even have the two extra in a bag they sent still sitting on the counter

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post

Mike
                                          Mike,
                                          i got my pilot from Mike Hicks. His company employs disabled veterans and as a Vietnam Vet, I appreciate that. Here’s his email: bmarkrc@gmail.com
                                          Check him out. My pilot came painted, so all I need to do is “personalize” him to my tastes.

Comment

Working...
                                          X