Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My latest landing. LOL
    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Welcome to the Squawk, Take the horizontal in to home depot, they have a digital analyzer the can match the paint perfectly. I usually get premium flat samples, About 4 bucks each, enough for 100 corsairs.
      Attached Files
      Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by LL_Shoval View Post
        Has anyone been able to find or mix any paint to match the factory colors for touch ups? I have the Birdcage version.
        LL, Check in this forum, those are posted in a couple of places. Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by LL_Shoval View Post
          Has anyone been able to find or mix any paint to match the factory colors for touch ups? I have the Birdcage version.
          I posted my match earlier in this thread. But sometimes its hard to find stuff.... :)
          Click image for larger version

Name:	image_36076.jpg
Views:	906
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	188630

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post

Thanks Viper. I just got an email from their customer service saying my order is shipping today BUT I got another email from someone at Banana Hobby 10 min later saying they're going to cancel my order since I'm unhappy?????? Whatz up with that?:Confused:
            Consider yourself lucky ....I like the earlier comment that basically says they're good unless you have an issue that might actually require help:wacky

Comment

• Originally posted by Quickstop View Post

Consider yourself lucky ....I like the earlier comment that basically says they're good unless you have an issue that might actually require help:wacky
              LOLLOL Live and learn I guess! I got the spinners I ordered that they said they were going to cancel because I was unhappy... BUT none of the hardware (screws, nuts, center screw for shaft) was included! :Angry: That may be the reason they were on sale??? Sent them an email to please send hardware to complete my order but I'm not holding my breath and I certainly won't spend anymore time with this outfit. :P

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post

LOLLOL Live and learn I guess! I got the spinners I ordered that they said they were going to cancel because I was unhappy... BUT none of the hardware (screws, nuts, center screw for shaft) was included! :Angry: That may be the reason they were on sale??? Sent them an email to please send hardware to complete my order but I'm not holding my breath and I certainly won't spend anymore time with this outfit. :P
                My guess is you'll never hear from them, I've heard this from more than a few people at our field that tried to deal with them.:Angry:

Comment

• Flew my Birdcage for the first time this weekend plus several subsequent flights. No gyro installed, other than a couple clicks of trim it maidened fine. Landings were all greasers by just riding the throttle down all the way with full flap on. In future flights I plan to slowly move the cg aft to test responsiveness and handling. I spent hours on this bird twittering on many things that added weight, it’s close to 10.5lbs with my 6s 8000mAh. The large prop and blunt nose are indeed parasitic drag inducers. Having many hours under my belt flying the FL P-38 and Spitfire, this model is both slower and heavier. While the wing area is more than ample to deal with the weight, it’s nowhere near the smooth sleek slippery flier the Spitfire is. IMHO, To date I’ve never owned a warbird that’s as good as the FL Spit. That said, the crowd at the field loved the Corsair and wanted to see it in the air, and it does look good there. Then so it is..., Gus’s Gopher has joined the fleet.

Name:	1D9A09C9-D08D-4A5C-B134-0621B61C6D7C.jpeg
Views:	954
Size:	359.1 KB
ID:	188818Click image for larger version

Name:	F91A7EF0-1594-42ED-8F58-2F923353C613.jpeg
Views:	979
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	188816Click image for larger version

Name:	DB4AFB2B-976D-480C-89EF-EA76BA477176.png
Views:	893
Size:	700.0 KB
ID:	188817

Comment

• Congrats! Excellent OT! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post
                      Flew my Birdcage for the first time this weekend
                      OT, What a beautiful Corsair. My congratulations, Sir. Best, LB
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Flew my Birdcage for the first time this weekend plus several subsequent flights. No gyro installed, other than a couple clicks of trim it maidened fine. Landings were all greasers by just riding the throttle down all the way with full flap on. In future flights I plan to slowly move the cg aft to test responsiveness and handling. I spent hours on this bird twittering on many things that added weight, it’s close to 10.5lbs with my 6s 8000mAh. The large prop and blunt nose are indeed parasitic drag inducers. Having many hours under my belt flying the FL P-38 and Spitfire, this model is both slower and heavier. While the wing area is more than ample to deal with the weight, it’s nowhere near the smooth sleek slippery flier the Spitfire is. IMHO, To date I’ve never owned a warbird that’s as good as the FL Spit. That said, the crowd at the field loved the Corsair and wanted to see it in the air, and it does look good there. Then so it is..., Gus’s Gopher has joined the fleet.

Wow! Now that's one beautiful bird OT - NICE JOB!!

Comment

• I finally had the chance to maiden my Birdcage Corsair this weekend. Perfect blue sky with a slight breeze and I could not get over how well the color of the plane blended with the sky. Talk about a good camo, if it wasn't for the off white of the underbelly I don't think I could have seen it at all above a couple hundred feet. I couldn't see the outer wing panels at all if it wasn't for the stars. The plane flew well, didn't need to trim it but it was a little twitchy, it was exactly balanced on the CG and the slightest touch of the elevators moved it. I had to use all the nose weights to get mine balanced which surprised me, I kept thinking it couldn't be right because it seems most people say they didn't have to add the extra weight. I'm using an Admiral 5000 all the way forward. If nothing else I figured I would fly with the extra nose weight and see I didn't need it. Nope. Now I'm looking for a little more to give it a slightly nose down attitude. Other than that it flew well, Motion doesn't seem extra weight, guess they didn't figure anyone would need it, so I'm going to slip a few of the 1/4 oz weights into it and fly it again. Probable also add a gyro since there's so much room/

Comment

Flew my Birdcage for the first time this weekend plus several subsequent flights. No gyro installed, other than a couple clicks of trim it maidened fine. Landings were all greasers by just riding the throttle down all the way with full flap on. In future flights I plan to slowly move the cg aft to test responsiveness and handling. I spent hours on this bird twittering on many things that added weight, it’s close to 10.5lbs with my 6s 8000mAh. The large prop and blunt nose are indeed parasitic drag inducers. Having many hours under my belt flying the FL P-38 and Spitfire, this model is both slower and heavier. While the wing area is more than ample to deal with the weight, it’s nowhere near the smooth sleek slippery flier the Spitfire is. IMHO, To date I’ve never owned a warbird that’s as good as the FL Spit. That said, the crowd at the field loved the Corsair and wanted to see it in the air, and it does look good there. Then so it is..., Gus’s Gopher has joined the fleet.

She’s gorgeous, OT! Nice job.

Comment

• Congrats Bellke! Glad the maiden went well. :Cool:

Comment

• Congratulations on your maiden Bellke!

My Birdcage is very elevator sensitive. I’ve even turned it down to 43% with 80% expo.
                                ‘I regularly do hammer heads with all my planes but this one beware! During my second one she just fell into a spin. Had I not centered the controls immediately and pushed the nose down to break the stall, it would have been over as I had a scant 5 feet left on pull out :Scared:. Really grabbed me by the boo boo. I’ve never had an airplane do that before.

Comment

• Hey Everyone, Been a while, Saturday I took my bird up for the first time. having come from a variety of 1.2m aircraft this is my first larger one in the 1600 mm scale. The power is unreal. Very powerful bird. I noticed that immediately on take off, I flew with the admiral receiver, with the gyro on by default and the recovery. But since then, i may set the receiver so that i can toggle the gyro on and of. Not sure yet.... I feel the corsair was very stable out of the box. I'm a low and slow type of pilot, I had a few times that my wings dipped, but i'm pretty sure it was simply because I was taking my turns too slow, it's a'lot heavier than all of my planes I've ever flown. The stall tenancies are there... lol .. I will admit I was overcome with excitement, however it all came to an end at the landing. I came in way to fast. half flaps if I recall, when i should of came in with full flaps, I hit the deck a bit to hard and folded the retracts up, had to belly land. Luckily, minimal damage, my gear doors flew off, didn't crack or break, i was able to snap em back on. The serovs are all in good shape. Just a broken prop blade and a busted left retract. (I snapped the right retract back in place and it functioned normally.) minimal damage. She will fly again. But you need to come in nice and slow on the landings, note to others ... It was a learning experience, I will admit that. However, i'm glad i may have bitten off more than I can chew sort-o-speak, because i learned from my mistakes and ready to get her up in the air again once the retracts are back in stock at motionrc. :)

Comment

Congratulations on your maiden Bellke!

My Birdcage is very elevator sensitive. I’ve even turned it down to 43% with 80% expo.
                                    ‘I regularly do hammer heads with all my planes but this one beware! During my second one she just fell into a spin. Had I not centered the controls immediately and pushed the nose down to break the stall, it would have been over as I had a scant 5 feet left on pull out :Scared:. Really grabbed me by the boo boo. I’ve never had an airplane do that before.
                                    Yup, you have to keep the plane three mistakes high(as I'm sure you know) to maintain enough pullout room or it's "walk of shame" time.:Whew:I hate that part!:Crying2:

Comment

Congratulations on your maiden Bellke!

Just curious, how many of the weights did you have to use in the cowl? I ended up having to use them all just to get a neutral balanced plane and I would prefer it to be slightly nose heavy. Makes me wonder how I could have such a big difference in my CG since most people say theirs are balancing w/o extra weights using the Admiral 5000.

Comment

• I’m using three weights to achieve a 100mm cg. Now with my 8000mAh battery, 3 3/4 Robart tires, Warbird Pilot, 3dp cockpit, repaint..., that adds up
                                        Two weights had it close but for starters I used three and I will likely try it with two, then one, then perhaps none.
                                        I prefer them to be slightly nose heavy for starters then begin bringing the cg aft on subsequent flights till I’m comfortable how she reacts.

I purchased a Flex RV-8 Super PNP and have been flying the wings off it, really love it and I’m completely back in the groove thanks to at least 5-6 hours of practice with it.
                                        It pains me to read about folks here desperately wanting to maiden their Corsairs and doing so without their skills being polished. There is a mental aspect to flying, practice breeds confidence and unfettered response on controls. Never fly a warbird unless your confidence is where it needs to be. Make sure you fine tune those flying and landing skills up on something complex before you fly your Corsairs! Otherwise the retracts will fail or worse!

And please, never install a gyro because your piloting skills are lacking! The industry notion that gyros are the way to get unskilled pilots flying is a fantastic sales pitch to sell models and lots of parts.

;)

Comment

• im new asu can c but i have to say i fly intermediate planes without gyro f4u 262 b26 etc no hitch however in wind way smoother more fun with gyro however e flight f4u with gyro was same

Comment

Working...
                                          X