X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post
    For those of you that have never flown control line....

Ha ha ha... No expo, direct control, low level. It’s another world. Square loops were the hardest maneuver to perform smoothly.

Anytime the 70’s are mentioned, this is what I was doing.

While this may appear boring, if you really want to test your reflexes, I suggest you give it a try!

Stunt Control Line Contest in Paducah Kentucky this past weekend. I didn't get the names of the contestants, and just tried to catch the sounds and sights a...

ok
    Back to Corsairs!
    OT - I tried it once in the very Very beginning 100 years ago and learned in about 20 seconds I couldn't hit my ass with both hands. My hats off to you if you if you mastered it. It taught me to respect my limitations and that I didn't know what I didn't know. Tabled my interest until technology allowed me to fail up now I can't get enough!LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
      Corsair Thread;)
      Sorry George.... Trying to right the ship here..... LOL Happy New Year Bro!!! Many Blessings!!! I am ready for my Birdcage to get here. I have several different "shades" of silver, aluminum, steel, metallic gray, just waiting to start chipping away. Also some yellow chromate primer to peek thru here and there!!! :Cool::Cool:
      Attached Files

Comment

• TI
        I apologize !

LB, yes Cox had a Corsair. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l-rLh7OEAAs
        You sneaky devil... Corsair Corsair Corsair LOL

Grover, welcome aboard! Indeed, I mastered control line to the point had I a coach, could have competed at the Nationals.
        Being the most skilled control line pilot locally, I got to test fly many of the Cox airplanes owned by friends but sadly most were dogs. Yeah, my friends to..., poor girls...!
        Only the Cub could perform reasonable loops and flew the best. I own an unopened new in box Cox Bushmaster Cub from 1974. Floats, skies, n wheels included.
        Flying the Goldberg combat wings Lil Satan and big Voodoo was insane, even for a skilled CL pilot. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EjERe3xYnVA

I haven’t flown control line in over 25 years and think I’m a bit slow for it now.

TI, perhaps I missed it along the way but I’m hoping at some point the printed cockpit could be available for the Corsair in the parts section?
        I don’t own a printer...

Comment

TICorsair Corsair Corsair!!! The printed cockpit could be available for the Corsair. I don’t own a printer...
          O-T, I'll print you a set. No Problem-o. It would be a pleasure. Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

O-T, I'll print you a set. No Problem-o. It would be a pleasure. Best, LB
            That would be awesome my friend!
            It’s such a beautiful bird, I jumped on the Birdcage day one and know we are all in for a treat when these birds arrive.
            So much talent here that I’m look forward to pictures of everyone’s handy work!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post

Saw your YT link and brief comparison on the FMS 1700mm Corsair. I didn't realize it had such a glossy paint scheme. Did you use the same scale (1:8) Aces of Iron pilot for the 1700mm FMS?
              No I used the 1/7 scale for the 1700mm...

My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post

Just followed the link to the Aces of Iron site and was blown away. OMG!!! This is a great example that if you have deep pockets for this hobby you can get just about anything. The pilots themselves seem reasonable at around $25 but the painting is the ticket. These pilots are amazing and those who paint them make 'em works of art! I can't paint a wall let alone this level of detail. Too bad they don't come preprinted but I do see there are services that paint pilots. If I read your note right it's around $115+. The reality check for me is it would be ground candy just for me since no one will see the scale at 150' and at 70MPH. :) Still love seeing this stuff. Thanks for sharing the link!
                For my ESM Corsair I am building I bought this 1/5 scale Pappy Boyington pilot from Best Pilots. It's not cheap but the realism is second-to-none. Here is a before and after showcasing AkumaZeto's talents. The before represents how it arrives at your doorstep. The after represents what it looks like when someone with a true gift gets a hold of it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pappybeforeafter.jpg
Views:	583
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	171759
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

That would be awesome my friend!
                  O-T, PM your geo and I'll send 'em out USPS. Best, LB
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I've seen the FMS Corsair/ P-47 prop blow apart twice in flight. Please be careful using it.

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                    Day 891: I got three flights on the Corsair today with the FMS four blade 1700mm corsair prop...stock prop is 18X12X3 and the FMS is 17X10X4, I can’t tell any difference at all.

This is a very efficient plane, I got 16 minutes on a Roaring Top 6S 6250 and had 3.8v left.

Click image for larger version Name:	F4U_4B_02.jpg Views:	1 Size:	228.1 KB ID:	169407

Click image for larger version Name:	F4U_4B_01.jpg Views:	1 Size:	193.3 KB ID:	169406

Comment

Corsair Thread;)
                      TI, My apologies as well. Respectfully, LB
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                        I've seen the FMS Corsair/ P-47 prop blow apart twice in flight. Please be careful using it.

Oh I have too, I've had one of these and the P-51 blow apart. I like the HSD Skyraider one piece 4 blade props.
                        TiredIron Aviation
                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

TI, My apologies as well. Respectfully, LB
                          No worries guys, I can chase a rabbit as good as anyone:Silly:
                          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Oh I have too, I've had one of these and the P-51 blow apart. I like the HSD Skyraider one piece 4 blade props.
                            Hey GRB, you have any idea where you can get more of those HSD 4 Bladed props? My HSD A-1 is next on my build schedule. I only got one. : (
                            I gotta say, that is a really nice new Corsair!

Woody

Comment

• I have a feeling it will be this week! :-)
                              Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Hey GRB, you have any idea where you can get more of those HSD 4 Bladed props? My HSD A-1 is next on my build schedule. I only got one. : (
                                I gotta say, that is a really nice new Corsair!

Woody
                                Email HSD and see if they have any more, I got my last ones like that...they responded in just a few hours.
                                TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdrop20 View Post
                                  Base coat of Olive Green Tamiya paint airbrushed on. I haven’t even purchased this plane but the fact that I can print out the cockpit makes me want to buy it. Kudos to the motion RC team for the cockpit files.

I was corrected on the interior color of the cockpit earlier in this thread. I’m grateful for you knowledgeable folks out there. So I ordered some model master “green zink chromate”. What do you guys think of this color?

Comment

• Would anyone be willing to download and print the 3DPup cockpit parts for me for a fee? I need someone with access to a 3D printer who would be willing to print them on my behalf and send to AkumaZeto for assembly and painting. I will gladly cover any and all costs for printing materials/shipping. Much thanks in advance!!
                                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Thanks to Cdrop20 for offering to take the mission on! BTW, I think the Zinc Chromate looks great! :Cool:
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Sorry George.... Trying to right the ship here..... LOL Happy New Year Bro!!! Many Blessings!!! I am ready for my Birdcage to get here. I have several different "shades" of silver, aluminum, steel, metallic gray, just waiting to start chipping away. Also some yellow chromate primer to peek thru here and there!!! :Cool::Cool:
                                        I sent you a PM but want to ask on the group thread:
                                        I would like to ask you which brand & color you used on #17 to show paint chipping. I use Vallejo and others but so far have found all steel or aluminum to be too shiny for weathered aluminum. I have reduced that by mixing with gray or black but not happy yet with the results. Really like what you are doing. Thanks, Ken Smith

Comment

Aros, Aces of Iron is the "Only Way To Fly" this bird. I wouldn't trust another pilotLOL, they just don't have the correct attitude for altitude! Best, LB
                                          They really need to bring back the Pacific pilots.

Mike

\"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Working...
                                          X