X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post

It pains me to read about folks here desperately wanting to maiden their Corsairs and doing so without their skills being polished. There is a mental aspect to flying, practice breeds confidence and unfettered response on controls. Never fly a warbird unless your confidence is where it needs to be. Make sure you fine tune those flying and landing skills up on something complex before you fly your Corsairs! Otherwise the retracts will fail or worse!

And please, never install a gyro because your piloting skills are lacking! The industry notion that gyros are the way to get unskilled pilots flying is a fantastic sales pitch to sell models and lots of parts.

;)
    I guess i should say that i've been flying since the 90's, the days of analog radios and no flying aids, my skills are polished and I made a mistake which was a minor foul up and due to my skills, was able to bring her in gracefully and land the plane with minimal damage. .

I humbly disagree about your gyro statement. I have found it that having a gyro has made flying much easier since the old days. If you live where I do (Upper North East United states) you will find that every summer day has some sort of crosswind or gusts, it's rather impossible to fly the month of April due to the winds, despite the nice weather we may get. Having the gyro just adds a level of ease of my back so i don't need to be the extreme alert, yet still alert, if you know what I mean. I have the pots turned all the way down anyways on my Admiral, so the level of correctness for wind is extremely minimal. I don't judge people or their skills by stating they use a gyro or not. I think saying that to a new person getting into the hobby will severely shoot down their confidence as a whole. I remember my first day going up, you're a nervous wreck as it is. The aids that exist today are far more superior than they were before the dawn of digital tech.

Now, heres where I agree with you, having gyros on 3d planes with 100% headings and auto holds, so that people doing stunts and funky flying make it look like childs play. flying sideways in a straight line, hands off the radio, it's like they are cheating, or perhaps that sort of flying simply does not appeal to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by F4ucorsair View Post
      im new asu can c but i have to say i fly intermediate planes without gyro f4u 262 b26 etc no hitch however in wind way smoother more fun with gyro however e flight f4u with gyro was same
      Welcome to Hobby Squawk F4U!! Glad to have you here! :Cool:

Comment

• :Sweating: At he risk of exposing my stupidity - has anyone done business with a company called VampowerPro / Urban Products? When will I ever learn?? I don't often go off the beaten path to source something but this outfit kept popping up at the top of my searches and was the only one with stock of what I needed so I placed an online order. With the exception of their VERY slow system (they must be on a 286 and dial up) things went smoothly with my purchase. It's been 4-days and my order still shows in processing but they charged may card in 30 seconds. :Scared:

Aside from waiting 60+ seconds for their "Contact Page" to come up, I noticed their sales and customer service phone numbers are the same (Flag 1), so I called the number and I get a recording saying this number is not available (Yellow Flag 2) and another message saying their mailbox is full! (Red Flag 3). My purchase was only $20 so I'll wait for a response until EOB today then I'll have my CC company reverse the charge. So - use this as a heads up that these guys may be smoke and mirrors. No one to blame but myself, I should have done more due diligence on them! :Angry:

Comment

• I haven't had good results with them.
          TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post
            :Sweating: At he risk of exposing my stupidity - has anyone done business with a company called VampowerPro / Urban Products? When will I ever learn?? I don't often go off the beaten path to source something but this outfit kept popping up at the top of my searches and was the only one with stock of what I needed so I placed an online order. With the exception of their VERY slow system (they must be on a 286 and dial up) things went smoothly with my purchase. It's been 4-days and my order still shows in processing but they charged may card in 30 seconds. :Scared:

Aside from waiting 60+ seconds for their "Contact Page" to come up, I noticed their sales and customer service phone numbers are the same (Flag 1), so I called the number and I get a recording saying this number is not available (Yellow Flag 2) and another message saying their mailbox is full! (Red Flag 3). My purchase was only $20 so I'll wait for a response until EOB today then I'll have my CC company reverse the charge. So - use this as a heads up that these guys may be smoke and mirrors. No one to blame but myself, I should have done more due diligence on them! :Angry:
            Sorry to hear grover, that's happened to me a few times in the past, i understand the feeling.

Edmund Burie, out of Manchester NH owns that domain... his phone number is in the paste bin below. That's about 30 minutes from me, let me know if you need me to go down and knock on the door .

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

No clue if thats the company or not. but the site does look a bit sketch, i mean the credit card icons are broken.....

:(

Looks like others have had the same problem since 2012, http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/elec...-pro-gone.html

Comment

• Originally posted by sfmadmax View Post

Sorry to hear grover, that's happened to me a few times in the past, i understand the feeling.

Edmund Burie, out of Manchester NH owns that domain... his phone number is in the paste bin below. That's about 30 minutes from me, let me know if you need me to go down and knock on the door .

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

No clue if thats the company or not. but the site does look a bit sketch, i mean the credit card icons are broken.....

:(

Looks like others have had the same problem since 2012, http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/elec...-pro-gone.html
              Thanks for the offer but I have a friend in NJ that told me he'd check it out and then told me to "Fo-Git Bout-it!" LOLLOL. It never ceases to amaze me that people don't realize how much of a privilege and opportunity it is to have your own business, work hard to develop a good reputation and build a loyal customer base instead of all these "Hit-and-Spin" guys that think they can make a fast buck. They don't know any more about business than a pig does about Sunday!

Comment

im new asu can c but i have to say i fly intermediate planes without gyro f4u 262 b26 etc no hitch however in wind way smoother more fun with gyro however e flight f4u with gyro was same
                F4U, :) Welcome aboard, sir. Best, LB
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I've had couple. Dark blue .f4u. But I just luv that birdcage version . Don't think they available in ozz. Motian rc may .b .the go . Have .to say that u tube clip 1600 Corsair. With old school sound track. Very cool .well done .Motian some of the weathering .is incredible . Just doing some of it now. I'm a spay painter lucky 4 me. Done flack bait so far

Comment

• I went to home depot to get paint samples. I like using acrylics because it seems to be easier to shoot with an airbrush. It is flat / matte. After touch up and clear coat, I cant tell where I touched it up. I was using minwax clear matte polycrylic but it was starting to pick up a shine. I tried varathane clear Matte and it had a much duller finish, which I like. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190409_233205.jpg
Views:	827
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	189408
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Best Clear I have ever Used.... DEAD FLAT.... Mix with 50% Windex!
                      Attached Files
                      Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                        Best Clear I have ever Used.... DEAD FLAT.... Mix with 50% Windex!
                        I'll check that out. Thx!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post

Thanks for the offer but I have a friend in NJ that told me he'd check it out and then told me to "Fo-Git Bout-it!" LOLLOL. It never ceases to amaze me that people don't realize how much of a privilege and opportunity it is to have your own business, work hard to develop a good reputation and build a loyal customer base instead of all these "Hit-and-Spin" guys that think they can make a fast buck. They don't know any more about business than a pig does about Sunday!
                          Sorry to read about your situation and that really hurts our hobby too. I agree completely with your assessment however, some of these business offerings are managed by people of other customs or culture's where money rules over reputation and its all about the quick buck.
                          Rich

Comment

Is this product available at Home Depot? I have never seen this before and thank you for sharing your tips!
                            Rich

Comment

Awesome! Great tip - I found it on Amazon for $17 for 8oz. Is that a typical price? You use a airbrush?

https://www.amazon.com/Golden-Acryli...s%2C203&sr=8-4

Comment

• [QUOTE=apmech1;n189405]I ...home depot...paint samples. I like using acrylics because it seems to be easier to shoot with an airbrush...

Apmech1,
                                How do you thin out your HD acrylic paint? :Thinking:
                                Thanks.

Comment

I've had couple. Dark blue .f4u. But I just luv that birdcage version . Don't think they available in ozz. Motian rc may .b .the go . Have .to say that u tube clip 1600 Corsair. With old school sound track. Very cool .well done .Motian some of the weathering .is incredible . Just doing some of it now. I'm a spay painter lucky 4 me. Done flack bait so far
                                  Gday mate, this is the best place to get Flightline stuff if ya live in OZ, great rep, great customer service and fair prices,
                                  https://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?...8106&limit=100

Comment

• [QUOTE=theoldALFER;n189465]
                                    Originally posted by apmech1 View Post
                                    I ...home depot...paint samples. I like using acrylics because it seems to be easier to shoot with an airbrush...

Apmech1,
                                    Thanks.
                                    Water or Acrylic paint thinner, I have been using the latter for years on my dioramas and sorts.
                                    For the BEHR paints (Acrylic only) i would try adding small amounts of water, depending on how big your initial starting amount of paint. I usually have a glass jar for mixing where i can then use a pipette to measure the amount and squirt it into my airbrush hopper, then check the spray pattern. from there, I either add more water or more paint depending on the outcome.

I thinned my acrylic paints with paint thinner, to get the tail painted white :)

Comment

I ...home depot...paint samples. I like using acrylics because it seems to be easier to shoot with an airbrush...

Apmech1,
                                      Thanks.
                                      Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post

Comment

• [QUOTE=xviper;n189490]
                                        Originally posted by theoldALFER View Post
                                        +1 using windex for clear coating :)

Comment

Apmech1,
                                          Thanks.
                                          I use 50% paint and 25% of each of these in my GREX T3 for the Home Depot paint.
                                          Attached Files
                                          Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Working...
                                          X