X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FLY BOY View Post
    Just purchased and detailed my first flight line product.
    FB, Bravo Zulu, Sir. She looks great. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Well after 10 flights here is my full review. AWESOME! In honor of all the WWII fighter pilots on Veterans Day. You are not forgotten. Fern Prairie Modelers air field in Camas Wa. An entire squadron of Flight Line Corsairs, and then some. Custom Callie graphics on all. I put white stripes on the top of the main wing on mine for orientation purposes. (lol) I dont see too well in my old age. Hoping Motion may sell an upgraded power system for more speed in the future. We want faster!!!
      Pacific NW Flyer  :arrow:

Comment

• Awesome

Comment

• I'm missing a spring for the front gear door. Could i use a piece of fishing line in it's place?

Comment

• Originally posted by FLY BOY View Post
            Well after 10 flights here is my full review. AWESOME! In honor of all the WWII fighter pilots on Veterans Day. You are not forgotten. Fern Prairie Modelers air field in Camas Wa. An entire squadron of Flight Line Corsairs, and then some. Custom Callie graphics on all. I put white stripes on the top of the main wing on mine for orientation purposes. (lol) I dont see too well in my old age. Hoping Motion may sell an upgraded power system for more speed in the future. We want faster!!!
            Awesome to see so many RC Corsairs together!

Comment

• Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post
              I'm missing a spring for the front gear door. Could i use a piece of fishing line in it's place?
              The spring pulls the door shut when the wheel retracts... and the spring provides a "pull" that a string isn't going to provide If you don't have a small spring, why not use a small rubber band?
              Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

The spring pulls the door shut when the wheel retracts... and the spring provides a "pull" that a string isn't going to provide If you don't have a small spring, why not use a small rubber band?
                A rubber band is an option, however, wouldn't get one small enough to go through the hole on the door. I tried 2# test fishing line and it seems to 'do the job'.

Comment

• Has anyone had any problems with their Corsair being a little tail heavy? I'm flying it with an Admiral 5000 all the way forward and have both weights that came with the plane the cowl, but it's still twitchy. Just curious if anyone else ran into this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bellke View Post
                    Has anyone had any problems with their Corsair being a little tail heavy? I'm flying it with an Admiral 5000 all the way forward and have both weights that came with the plane the cowl, but it's still twitchy. Just curious if anyone else ran into this.
                    Are you using the "recommended" size of battery? I've got all the weights installed and flying this plane with a Heavy Duty 5000 Turnigy and it balances and flies fine. Is your plane "twitchy" because it's "tail heavy" or because you're using rates that are too high and not enough expo? Does the plane balance at the designated CG? If it balances, then look towards your rates and expo. If it doesn't balance, then add more weights. This can be achieved by using heavier battery or adding some tire balance weights.

Comment

• Can anyone recommend a place to get the 3D cockpit files printed?

Comment

• Originally posted by KatManDEW View Post
                        Can anyone recommend a place to get the 3D cockpit files printed?
                        KMD, Check out The RC Geek. The files you want are on the Motion RC Website under Support for the Flightline Corsair. Make certain to download the STL Files from February and the files for whichever Corsair you purchased, i.e., Birdcage or Bubble Top. Any problems with the STL files, give me a shout. Best, LB
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Elbee, I printed the STL files for the bubble top cockpit. I did have to scale them down to fit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

KMD, Check out The RC Geek. The files you want are on the Motion RC Website under Support for the Flightline Corsair. Make certain to download the STL Files from February and the files for whichever Corsair you purchased, i.e., Birdcage or Bubble Top. Any problems with the STL files, give me a shout. Best, LB
                            Thanks Elbee. I have the Birdcage. The STL files from the Birdcage page are dated January 3rd. Are those the correct files? Do they need to be scaled down to fit?

Comment

• Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post
                              Elbee, I printed the STL files for the bubble top cockpit. I did have to scale them down to fit.

I-fly-rc-aircraft If you don't mind, would you be willing to share those with Aros and state the changes that were required? I struggled with fit as I have yet to build my Bubble Top, so I used owner input to size most parts. If you'd rather you can send those to me and I will make notes and change the MotionRC STL Files through Aros. Best, Steve

KatManDEW Yes, those are the correct STL Files.
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Can somebody please tell me what the propellor shaft diameter is on the motor that comes with this model? I am looking at using the prop from this model on a Royal 0.60 Corsair. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by RodgerC View Post
                                  Can somebody please tell me what the propellor shaft diameter is on the motor that comes with this model? I am looking at using the prop from this model on a Royal 0.60 Corsair. Thanks
                                  10mm is the size of the shaft. I used a 10mm balancing shaft to fit up on my High Ponit balance. I shared this photos back in this thread (I have not found an easy way to look up past posts in this forum). I was having trouble with the prop tracking. BTW the stock prop works perfectly and really close balance out of the box.

All the best
                                  Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

I-fly-rc-aircraft If you don't mind, would you be willing to share those with Aros and state the changes that were required? I struggled with fit as I have yet to build my Bubble Top, so I used owner input to size most parts. If you'd rather you can send those to me and I will make notes and change the MotionRC STL Files through Aros. Best, Steve
                                    I'll see what I can do but I print from a SD card and the files are not saved to my computer.

Tom

Comment

• I think I will wait for updates files before I get someone to print them for me. I already had some printed that don't fit.

Comment

• Any one have any recomendations on purchasing a 3D printer? Like brand and model, and desirable features?

Comment

• Originally posted by KatManDEW View Post
                                          Anyone have any recommendations on purchasing a 3D printer? Like brand and model, and desirable features?
                                          KMD, There is no doubt that you will receive many 'owner recommendations' including this one, however, I did my research and opted for the Prusa i3 Mk3, now the Mk3S. I have zero issues and print mostly with PLA and ABS. These guys update their firmware continually and have a great slicer app, Prusa PE. I bought the kit version and building it was straight-forward, fun, and took a couple afternoons plus a few "calibration" prints and one mobile call to get it just right, but it's a learning curve with any 3D Printer. Note: I have had ZERO problems since that didn't begin in my own brain. LOL The price was decent at $749USD. Took a few weeks to take delivery as it was on Back Order in April of 2018, but not a deal-breaker for me, as I was all in. Several of the Hobby Squawk Members have these printers and that was one factor in my decision. Check it out at the URL below. Hope this helps. Best, LB

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X