Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, I'm not the sharpest tack in the pack, but I can't seem to find the 3DPUP cockpit set mentioned in the overview or in some of the squawks. Is this a pre-printed set or just a file for printing youself. Callie even has an instrument panel graphic but I can't find the printed set in spare parts or upgrades.

I plan to install an Aspire card and 2 TT-25's, each with additionnal heaat sinks on the transducers, but wondering if there is enough room; can't tell by the photos. One of you chaps must have installed that already. A photo of your location would be helpful. I've installed about 10 of these in various planes, and each one has it's own challenges. Installed them in each of my B-24's and so far that was the tightest fit, speakers just aft of the bundle wing wires and card upside down behind the wing tube - had to use my wife's little fingers and hands to get all in position.
    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Thanks Grover for posting that paint match for Bubbletop. I will be taking that photo to Home Depot this weekend to get the exact sample!

Hugh, the 3D Pup cockpit .STL files can be found on the Corsair Support section of the product pages. You can click this link to go there direct...
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• [QUOTE=Grover54;n180468]Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	180473

HighFlyer posted these two colors and respective formulas for the BT and BC. I got them from Home Depot. They're small quantities for samples ($3) and will last forever. They only come in one sheen (flat / satin) which is perfect. The Dark Blue for the Bubble Top is spot on. I've touched up and feathered out a couple spots from assembly and gently blow dried it and you couldn't tell it was even touched up. Use a very fine brush or airbrush and thin the paint down about 50%. NOTE! Don't rush w/ the blow dryer or over overheat the area or you'll begin to see some minor gatoring. I was lucky it was on an area that wasn't noticeable and could repair it easily. Good Luck!

Grover
        Thanks for sharing your information. I have the F4U1A Birdcage and went to Lowes and Sherwin Williams for get some paint samples. They only supply satin and the problem is they are too glossy to match the OEM paint. So far I do not have paint that will work.
        Has anyone purchased the Home Depot paint for the Birdcage colors? If so, please share the formulas that worked for you :)

Rich
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpeg
Views:	915
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	180498Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpeg
Views:	905
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	180499Click image for larger version

Name:	image3.jpeg
Views:	912
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	180500Click image for larger version

Name:	image4.jpeg
Views:	925
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	180501

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
          Got the Boss in his office, weathering is pretty good...Overall happy with the look. Now it's time to just fly and enjoy! :Cool:
          Awesome Job!! My Corsair looks like it came off the production line.... and yours looks like a war hero

Rich

Comment

Thanks Grover for posting that paint match for Bubbletop. I will be taking that photo to Home Depot this weekend to get the exact sample!

Hugh, the 3D Pup cockpit .STL files can be found on the Corsair Support section of the product pages. You can click this link to go there direct...
            Thanks Aros, looked back at the many previous posts and saw these were files, not pre-printed parts. Unfortunately, since I'm a caveman as my wife says doing Geico commercials I dont have a 3D printer. Just turning on my transmitter is about the extent of the capability of my bird sized brain so I'll have to wait for a few million years of evolution before I could handle that (plus to busy spending available cash from my bank heists to spend it on something that doesn't fly). Guess I'll look for a friend with a printer, although that has a probability factor of zero since it seems I have few if any friends-gosh, I can't imaging why since I'm such a wondeerful guy.

Still would like to see any locations for those installing the souund system.
            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Thanks Rich!

Hugh, we're not too unlike my friend. I marvel at those with such incredible engineering prowess with some of these mods I see as if it's no big deal. I have issues taking the cap off my rattle can to spray my birds let alone attempt to manufacture working mechanisms!

LOL

I too have had folks with 3D printers print the .STL files for me, and custom paint in some cases as well...(I like to paint planes, not the tiny little parts)...You can always place an ad in the Classifieds forum looking for someone to print your .STL files for you...or go into the Official 3DPUP thread and ask in there...Those boys know what they are doing and have the tools! Just a matter of who is willing.
              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by 427jimmy View Post

Here's what I posted on RC groups

Remove the 6 cover screws to access the retract mechanism. The trailing arm trunnion needs to be pried apart with a small screw driver. I was able to get the blade underneath and spread the trunnion and simultaneously push up and pop the arm out. There are grooves cut in the trunnion to facilitate reassembly. One phillips screw in the steering arm and 4 mount screws in the retract plate gets the unit loose. Attach a cord to the servo lead in the electronics bay and pull it through the fuselage while removing the retract unit. The servo lead is right at 30" . No connectors inside the fuse.

The mechanism that allows tailwheel steering only when extended is a linkage marvel. I guarantee somebody stayed up a couple nights thinking that one up.
                FYI, the Stinger 90 nose gear is identical, and I suspect that mechanism is in a few other panes of theirs. It does work great, so there are definnitely some bright cats working for them, rules me out.
                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• :Silly:
                  A couple of things:

I too would like to know if anyone has obtained paint from Home Depot for the Birdcage version. If so, the paint code would be much appreciated.

Also, I’m planning on going with the 3 1/2 Robert wheels. Concern has been voiced concerning CG issues when using these wheels. Adding weight to the nose has been mentioned as a solution. What about mixing elevator with the landing gear (same as using trim wheel in full size A/C) activation for gear down?

Comment

Thanks Rich!

Hugh, we're not too unlike my friend. I marvel at those with such incredible engineering prowess with some of these mods I see as if it's no big deal. I have issues taking the cap off my rattle can to spray my birds let alone attempt to manufacture working mechanisms!

LOL

I too have had folks with 3D printers print the .STL files for me, and custom paint in some cases as well...(I like to paint planes, not the tiny little parts)...You can always place an ad in the Classifieds forum looking for someone to print your .STL files for you...or go into the Official 3DPUP thread and ask in there...Those boys know what they are doing and have the tools! Just a matter of who is willing.
                    Wholey Cow Aros, just went to the official thread on 3DP. These guys are in warp speed on distant galaxays from me. They are definitely already in the 5th dimension, they"re like the obolisk and I'm the monkey in 2001 Space Odyssey. I'm thoroughly impressed. For me it was like looking down the rabbit hole, but I'm too fat to fit through that hole.
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• LOL LOL LOL
                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• My samples from HD for the Birdcage version. Note they even say Model Plane on the label ! Brushed on as is they are a perfect match. They are BEHR Flat/Matte. For that person wanting sound system locations, I did post pics of mine somewhere back in this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by brk6188 View Post
                          My samples from HD for the Birdcage version. Note they een say Model Plane on the label ! Brushed on as is they are a perfect match. They are BEHR Flat/Matte. For that person wanting sound system locations, I did post pics of mine somewhere back in this thread.
                          :Cool:
                          Thanks! theoldALFER

Comment

• I picked up the ADMIRAL RX600SP 6-CHANNEL DSMX™ COMPATIBLE RECEIVER WITH STABILITY PLUS GYRO , with my bird, how do pilots like that receiver thus far? So far i've only used AS3X by Spektrum... this will be my first Admiral

Comment

• Originally posted by brk6188 View Post
                              My samples from HD for the Birdcage version. Note they even say Model Plane on the label ! Brushed on as is they are a perfect match. They are BEHR Flat/Matte. For that person wanting sound system locations, I did post pics of mine somewhere back in this thread.
                              I wish I waited a little longer before going out today. But here is my samples today of my birdcage Corsair
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	99BF05DC-C46D-4549-98ED-FA74C129CEA5.jpeg
Views:	897
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	180624

Comment

• Originally posted by sfmadmax View Post
                                I picked up the ADMIRAL RX600SP 6-CHANNEL DSMX™ COMPATIBLE RECEIVER WITH STABILITY PLUS GYRO , with my bird, how do pilots like that receiver thus far? So far i've only used AS3X by Spektrum... this will be my first Admiral
                                I have a few of these receivers and they all work just great for me. I think it is a nice product at this price point for sure. I do not think you will be disappointed at all
                                Rich

Comment

• Had to get a Snow Patrol in before the next system hits which is tonight. Noticed my starboard gear doors wouldn't close all the way. After landing I checked and it stuck again but finally closed. I did paint the wells but I didn't get any paint on the servo and I don't see anything that would cause a bind or jam so for now I am blaming the cold.

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Had to get a Snow Patrol in before the next system hits which is tonight. Noticed my starboard gear doors wouldn't close all the way. After landing I checked and it stuck again but finally closed. I did paint the wells but I didn't get any paint on the servo and I don't see anything that would cause a bind or jam so for now I am blaming the cold.
                                    Nice job... makes me cold just watching. Let us know what you find out on the LG doors..

Rich

Comment

• Well now I've just gone over the deep end on this Corsair. Already have the 3.5" Robart Diamond and straight tread in inventory, I have the receiver and Aspire sound system being delivered tomorrow and Callie shipping out all my graphics by Monday and have yet to hit the buy now button on the plane (that's going to happen soon thought). Now I'm trying to decide what pilot to get. After redoing the cockpits/pilots and all the graphics for my 2 F4's and my 2 B-24's, I'm hooked on redoing the cockpit and pilot for the Corsair bubble version-it's just screaming in my head that I have to go all out for this plane.

Suggestions on either the Aces of Iron that Aros has, which I love and my wife can do the intricate painting (and only $20), or really go whole hog and get the warbird pilot 10" with servo operated head (for a whopping $110-but if you get that pilot, you have to have a moving head). Question is will that multi-million dollar pilot even fit, as I'm sure I'd at least have to cut him off at the waist.

Anyone with any advice?
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

Had to get a Snow Patrol in before the next system hits which is tonight. Noticed my starboard gear doors wouldn't close all the way. After landing I checked and it stuck again but finally closed. I did paint the wells but I didn't get any paint on the servo and I don't see anything that would cause a bind or jam so for now I am blaming the cold.

Holly Schnikies ArosMV. Nice flight but you still have a ton of snow huh! The last couple days here in the NW gave me hope for a good weekend but the weather is now predicting it's going to be a WIP (in garage) weekend! :P

Comment

• +3 on that Todd. Great job flying that bent wing!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X