Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rex - this is silly but throttle connector backwards (with signal plugged to ground)?

Comment

• Sometimes you can teach an old dog new tricks. I called Motion R/C and talked to there cust. support. After going thru all the adjustments they suggested we finally found the problem. Some brainless guy (ME) only needed 4 clicks down throttle from center to let the esc know where 0 was. Now I remember when I was setting up the sound system that I set it this way to syncronize everything. They worked with me almost an hour on the phone and gave me all the time I needed to get this working. I highly recommend this company for all your needs.
      I asked and understand there is a new warbird coming. No details or timeline but I'm gonna save my pennies .

Again, I can't say enough good about there after service support. Best Regards, Rex

Comment

• I've had the same thing with Spektrum receivers. I always bury the throttle trim, then once its bound, I advance the trim until the motor engages at one click of throttle.

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• Hello squark team,, looking 4 some help.... after 250 or 300 flights on my f4u , ive noticed a crack in the round plastic motor mount and wanto replace it... rc castle only has a spitfire mount currently,, so wondering if the spitfire mount was the same,,,.?.. they have them in stock but not an f4u.. i guess if they were the same ,,, they would b in stock ,,but does not hurt to ask

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
            Hello squark team,, looking 4 some help.... after 250 or 300 flights on my f4u , ive noticed a crack in the round plastic motor mount and wanto replace it... rc castle only has a spitfire mount currently,, so wondering if the spitfire mount was the same,,,.?.. they have them in stock but not an f4u.. i guess if they were the same ,,, they would b in stock ,,but does not hurt to ask
            Aussie, It is the same mount. I checked it myself when I added the dummy Pratt&Whitney engine and had to cut 0.375" back into the motor mount. You'll be fine. Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanx lb kind sir

Comment

• F4u ausie.
                I am setting up my control throws and I am using Davegee's recommendations. Since you have many flights on yours could you list your control settings just so I can compare. I am hoping for a fairly smooth controlled maiden flight this spring. I will be nervous enough and just trying to check everything out.
                Best Regards, Rex

Comment

• Yes sir headed off to work soon will do, thisarvo. After work

Comment

• Originally posted by jetfool View Post
                    F4u ausie.
                    I am setting up my control throws and I am using Davegee's recommendations. Since you have many flights on yours could you list your control settings just so I can compare. I am hoping for a fairly smooth controlled maiden flight this spring. I will be nervous enough and just trying to check everything out.
                    Best Regards, Rex
                    Jetfool here r my rates.. i dont use duel im a dumby (kiss keep it simple stupid) so i go somewhere in the middle,, but with a good amount of expo.. fine control early in travel but enuf to do what u want.... when u need it .. i like scale flying mostly.... the one bit of advice, was a rich baker thing... on the elevator servo he changed the arm,, however u do it... bring the control rods closer to centre( closer than factory) i noticed the differance,, more fine control with small stick input..... elevator only 15 mm,,,.. rudder18mm aileron 28 mm ,, flaps 30mm and 50.. i only land with 30 mm flaps.. but thats a whole new story... i find these setting well able at scale and a bit more... does all the warbird manuvers.. spelling wrong..( told ya i was a dumby) have fun ,, dont think maiden 4 u yet,, let us no when u do. Looks awsome in the air cya

Comment

• Thank You. Rex

Comment

• Got my Corsair back flying again after a long absence over the winter. Did get a few flights in over the winter, but good to get it flying on this first day of Spring!

This was the first flight with the 3D printed scissors struts and simulated brake lines that Rex and Elbee have been experimenting. I found they worked beautifully, and although not really functional, they do move when the gear shock strut moves up and down. My thanks to Rex for sending me some hardware parts to put them together, as well as a clear formation light on the top of the right wing that I glued on, as well. 😃😃😃

I'm pretty satisfied with the weathering of the airframe for now, although it is a never-ending process. I've tried to replicate the effects of the hostile environment in the South Pacific during WWII.

Anyway, here are some photos after today's flight. It flies like a dream, just a great airplane, along with my FMS P-47s and E-Flite P-51D. Going to start getting the jets out of storage, now.

davegee

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-0602.jpg Views:	0 Size:	163.8 KB ID:	374173Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-0609.jpg Views:	0 Size:	48.9 KB ID:	374174Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-0604.jpg Views:	0 Size:	88.0 KB ID:	374175Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-0605.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.1 KB ID:	374176Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-0603.jpg Views:	0 Size:	243.1 KB ID:	374177Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-0606.jpg Views:	0 Size:	118.6 KB ID:	374178Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-0607.jpg Views:	0 Size:	259.1 KB ID:	374179

Comment

• She's such a beauty davegee! That first photo you would be hard pressed to guess it wasn't full scale!
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• davegee, Plus One with Aros on the photo. Your Corsair is top-notch, Sir. Best, LB
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                              davegee, Plus One with Aros on the photo. Your Corsair is top-notch, Sir. Best, LB
                              Thanks, Elbee. I think you'll love the way your Corsair flies when you get it all finished up. They really did their homework in making this airplane model!

Cheers

Davegee

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                She's such a beauty davegee! That first photo you would be hard pressed to guess it wasn't full scale!
                                Thanks, Aros. It's hard choosing which of these great line of airplanes from Flightline, Freewing, FMS, E-Flite, and probably others is my favorite. Maybe they All are! Looking forward to seeing pics of your beautiful Stuka sometime soon!👍👍👍

Comment

• Davegee,
                                  Incrediblr detail Dave. Hopefully FL presents us with another scale WWII plane shortly. Rex

Comment

• Originally posted by jetfool View Post
                                    Davegee,
                                    Incrediblr detail Dave. Hopefully FL presents us with another scale WWII plane shortly. Rex
                                    Thanks, Rex. I am keeping my fingers crossed whatever they come out with will be something I want, or at least what a lot of other modelers want to buy!

Cheers

davegee

Comment

• The pictures are great, but WOW when you see them in person, they are works of art!

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Corsair Crew, not certain if this quals as an update, but I have added wiring, LEDs and mounts (not pictured) for the Com Lights.

I have these on my Seafire though those are larger and mounted on the underside of the fuselage rather than the wing.

I am planning on using the blue box to control the "Blink" of each one, but we'll see.

Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1395.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	374433

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                          Corsair Crew, not certain if this quals as an update, but I have added wiring, LEDs and mounts (not pictured) for the Com Lights.

I have these on my Seafire though those are larger and mounted on the underside of the fuselage rather than the wing.

I am planning on using the blue box to control the "Blink" of each one, but we'll see.

Best, LB

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1395.jpg Views:	34 Size:	61.4 KB ID:	374433

Very nice, Elbee! I think those lights were controlled from a small panel in the cockpit and they could all be put on together, or any combination thereof. They also could be toggled on in a blinking pattern for a special "code of the day" if that was in effect. Funny, I have talked to several P-47 and Corsair pilots over the years before they passed on, and I don't think any of them knew what I was talking about when I mentioned these lights, even though they were probably installed and operable when they flew these planes. But still very cool, and definitely was a part of the design on WWII aircraft, including bombers of that time. Well done!

Davegee

Comment

Working...
                                          X